Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'71 L48 4 speed For Sale War Bonnet Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM
JettVette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD - '71 L48 4 speed For Sale War Bonnet Yellow

Please see my posting with 17 pics on Craigslist :

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/495415038.html

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by JettVette; 01-19-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Great looking 71,Love the colors...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 PM
js292
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car, someone is going to get a good deal. Looking at your interior has convinced me to leave mine the original color. Good luck
TTT
Old 11-29-2007, 07:58 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by JettVette
Please see my posting with 17 pics on Craigslist :

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/492106331.html

Thanks,
Jeff
425-466-1941
Redmond, WA
Nice car Jeff, but if your car was repainted it would not qualify as a Survivor (which by the way is a trademarked term) and is not considered 'unrestored'. Since the term Survivor is trademarked, calling your car that without the Survivor award can land you in some very hot water. Its happened before to other owners of Corvettes. The term Survivor in context with selling a Corvette is not considered a generic term. Just take a look on the net and you will see info about the lawsuits. I would change that before the guys at Bloomington see that. They take that term very seriously.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 AM
abuguy
Advanced

Very nice car , wish it was mine! looks like it has "survived " very well!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM
tims93
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by abuguy
Very nice car , wish it was mine! looks like it has "survived " very well!
Wish I were a couple thousand miles closer so I could take a look at it

Good luck and TTT
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
68AIR
Burning Brakes

Looks like a nice survivor. Good luck with the sale.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Great-lookin' '71,super sweet and very

Good luck with the sale,I'd love to park that
next to my C5.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Harrykaw
Pro

Still for sale or no?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
drippingwithgold
Racer

Originally Posted by ed427vette
Nice car Jeff, but if your car was repainted it would not qualify as a Survivor (which by the way is a trademarked term) and is not considered 'unrestored'. Since the term Survivor is trademarked, calling your car that without the Survivor award can land you in some very hot water. Its happened before to other owners of Corvettes. The term Survivor in context with selling a Corvette is not considered a generic term. Just take a look on the net and you will see info about the lawsuits. I would change that before the guys at Bloomington see that. They take that term very seriously.

Good luck with your sale.
Response from Bloomington Gold
Dear DLF:

We trademarked the judging process for unrestored original automobiles fifteen years ago (in 1990). If anyone looks through Hemmings or similar car magazines before we trademarked its usage, Survivor will not be found. It has only been since our introduction in 1990 that many others have begun using it generically to describe unrestored automobiles.

People can use many other words to describe their cars; Unrestored. Genuine. Original. Etc. But Survivor is our trade name and cannot be used unless it has been through our process. Our Survivor brand stands for something that adds value to cars....competent judges have evaluated them and determined them to be over 50% unrestored original and in good cosmetic condition. Our process certifies this and we put our third party stamp on it.

Yes, you are right; if people advertise Survivors that have not been certified by our judges, that is a federal trademark violation. No, the TV Series is not a problem because they are not describing or authenticating automobiles. The rock band, Survivor, is also not a problem. The TV Series, Bloomington Gold, and the rock band all have their OWN separate trademarks in their own product categories and none of them overlap. And if you want to name your athletic club “Survivor”, you may do so. You may even be able to trademark it if no other sports club yet owns it.

However, if anyone starts another TV series and tries to call it “Survivor”, they would be stopped immediately due to trademark infringement. Likewise, Bloomington Gold has the same right. In short, people can use the “word” Survivor all day long to describe anything they want except collectable automobiles, TV shows, or rock bands.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 AM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by drippingwithgold
Yes, you are right; if people advertise Survivors that have not been certified by our judges, that is a federal trademark violation. No, the TV Series is not a problem because they are not describing or authenticating automobiles. The rock band, Survivor, is also not a problem. The TV Series, Bloomington Gold, and the rock band all have their OWN separate trademarks in their own product categories and none of them overlap. And if you want to name your athletic club “Survivor”, you may do so. You may even be able to trademark it if no other sports club yet owns it.

However, if anyone starts another TV series and tries to call it “Survivor”, they would be stopped immediately due to trademark infringement. Likewise, Bloomington Gold has the same right. In short, people can use the “word” Survivor all day long to describe anything they want except collectable automobiles, TV shows, or rock bands.
Its more than just having there own seperate trademarks. One term that creates the Trademark or Copywrite infringment is when there is product/term confusion, intentional or accidental. Nobody will confuse Survivor the band, Survivor the show or a Corvette Survivor when each is referred to individually. But when a Corvette, especially when advertised for sale is referred to as a Survivor it not only could confuse the real certified cars with non certified cars but could be used to increase the price of the sale deceptively.

They could use the term Survivor for just about anything except for thing as stated above (cars, band, TV show) or any other product out there that we don't know about that has been trademarked. Using it for the same of a soft drink would not be a problem (unless its already in use for a soft drink).

They do take it seriously, and rightfully so.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
jw72
Instructor

Looks like Jeff sold his "Suvivor". Craigslist add is deleted.
Good Job!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
jw72
Instructor

I can call it a "Suvivor" can't I, that word is not trademarker.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 PM
427-390
Drifting

He has a new ad in Craigs list today stating the car sold for $16,500. Someone got a good deal!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:27 PM
jw72
Instructor

Yea, that was a very good deal. I guess prices are down a little. Might be the time of the year or people can't use their home as an ATM anymore. Anyway you look at it now is a good time to be buying.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Bruthish
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

Wow..learn something new everyday. Didn't know that about the "Survivor" term. I will use caution when describing my non-matching numbers, non original paint, broken gauged, ripped interior vette.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
gabaarsingh
Intermediate

I actually saw this car.

The car had major frame damage, and very poor frame repair. Body work showed many imperfections. Interior was put together with pieces from other cars (ie: window ***** are diff from each other and so on...) Incorrect exhaust, mufflers were far to large for the car, flowmaster (probably a generic size). Paint was newer, masking lines all over the car were very visible, inners were in rough shape. This car looked great in the pictures, and no doubt there was money spent on it.

Car drove nice, tranny shifted nicely and car was smooth. I have seen many of these cars. And i can say that it was not worth 16,500...And if the new buyer is on this forum, I am sorry for saying this. It is only my opinion and no one should be influenced by it.

Get notified of new replies

To '71 L48 4 speed For Sale War Bonnet Yellow

Old 12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
jw72
Instructor

Frame damage is a buzz kill.

Watching some of these cars sell for "good deals" it is nice to see the rest of the story...
That car looked clean, you can't judge a car by its fiberglass cover.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

Wow, I actually called this guy and spoke w/ him. When I inquired about the Corvette for sale, he responded with "Which one?" I returned with "Do you have more than one?" SILENCE.......kinda turned me off thinking he was a dealer car "flipper". Now we know!!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:57 PM
tonyro
Racer

What's wrong with that response? You guys are so hung up on who is a dealer and who is not. Get over it! I've sold a couple of cars this year does that make me a "flipper".... if so I don't feel bad about it. I put my hard earned cash on the line every time I bought a car. Should I feel bad that I might make a profit? It's called capitalism. Oh, by the way, I have a 71 automatic coupe with matching numbers if anyone wants it!

Quick Reply: '71 L48 4 speed For Sale War Bonnet Yellow