Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS or Trade - 1964 Project/Perfect 1980/ Maxum Boat

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:46 AM
jon68l79
Supporting Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default FS or Trade - 1964 Project/Perfect 1980/ Maxum Boat

I have a 1980 Corvette with only 31,000 miles for sale, along with a '64 Coupe project car.

A bunch of pictures are posted in my Public Profile (under my Albums).

Here is a quick description of the 1980:
This is a highly optioned car with just over 31,000 original miles. Options include the numbers-matching L82 engine (the top performance engine for that year w/ 230 hp), gymkhana suspension, auto, leather seats, tilt/tele, A/C, power brakes, power windows, power locks, power antenna, cruise control, rear defrost, and body-colored removable T-Tops with storage case. Since owning the car I have totally replaced the power steering system, added a fiberglass rear monospring from VB&P (still have the original steel spring), added Bilsteen shocks all around, upgraded the cat. converter to a hi-flow performance one (still have the original cat), replaced the exhaust y-pipe, added stainless steel Magnaflow mufflers with new tips (sounds great), and upgraded the tires to wider BF Goodrich with new center caps and lug nuts. With the exception of the Sony CD player that the previous owner installed, everything else is all original, including the emissions equipment.

The exterior color is Dark Claret Red, and the interior is claret - this is a great color combo and matches the trim tag. The car was repainted about 3 years ago and really looks outstanding with hardly any chips (car is garage kept and a cover is included). The only blemishes are 2 spots in the front bumper but aren't that noticeable. They haven't gotten worse in over a year, but the bumper eventually will need to be repainted. The only other issues with the car are that the clock stopped working and the backup lights don't work. I know whats wrong with the lights and I will fix that for the buyer.

Everything else about the car is in excellent condition. It really drives smooth, has plenty of power and is virtually rattle-free. There is no rust whatsover that I have found, and there is no evidence of any previous collisions. The great thing about an '80 (other than the looks) is that it was the last year of the performance L82 engine option and the last year without a computer controlled carb. This means that engine mods are easy to do if you want, or it can be left all original, which is what I did.

If you are looking for a classic Corvette that you can just get in and drive without any work, this is the one. Car comes with cover, t-top storage case, brand new unopened Corvette America Assembly Manual, original owners manual, original Chevrolet brochure, and other documentation.

See my post in the C2 section for a detailed description of the '64:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1s-...axum-boat.html

Everything is negotiable and even better for a package deal (I really only need 1 car). Boat/trailer (1997 Maxum 2300 SC, 24') is available if that helps make a deal for the right car. Asking $12k for it.

Interested in possible trades for a '68-72 vert. with great paint. Mechanicals don't have to be perfect.

Last edited by jon68l79; 10-07-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 PM
jon68l79
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, forgot to post the price for the 1980 --- asking $12,900, but that's negotiable.

This really is a fun, clean car. Easily modified for performance if you are not looking for originality.

Any offers????
Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 AM
jon68l79
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt and dropped the price $1,000 to $11,900 for the weekend.

Also, here are some pics:
Attached Images       

Last edited by jon68l79; 10-09-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Too Slow '90
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

ttt for the cleanest '80 I have seen.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
jon68l79
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Roy. I know I'm going to regret selling it after it's gone.

Here is a link to 50+ more pictures:

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...80%20Corvette/

This car really is clean, original and runs very well.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 PM
BobbyC3
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I am confused, what are you asking for the '64? What engine, tranny?\

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 PM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jon68l79
I have a 1980 Corvette with only 31,000 miles for sale, along with a '64 Coupe project car.

A bunch of pictures are posted in my Public Profile (under my Albums).

Here is a quick description of the 1980:
This is a highly optioned car with just over 31,000 original miles. Options include the numbers-matching L82 engine (the top performance engine for that year w/ 230 hp), gymkhana suspension, auto, leather seats, tilt/tele, A/C, power brakes, power windows, power locks, power antenna, cruise control, rear defrost, and body-colored removable T-Tops with storage case. Since owning the car I have totally replaced the power steering system, added a fiberglass rear monospring from VB&P (still have the original steel spring), added Bilsteen shocks all around, upgraded the cat. converter to a hi-flow performance one (still have the original cat), replaced the exhaust y-pipe, added stainless steel Magnaflow mufflers with new tips (sounds great), and upgraded the tires to wider BF Goodrich with new center caps and lug nuts. With the exception of the Sony CD player that the previous owner installed, everything else is all original, including the emissions equipment.

The exterior color is Dark Claret Red, and the interior is claret - this is a great color combo and matches the trim tag. The car was repainted about 3 years ago and really looks outstanding with hardly any chips (car is garage kept and a cover is included). The only blemishes are 2 spots in the front bumper but aren't that noticeable. They haven't gotten worse in over a year, but the bumper eventually will need to be repainted. The only other issues with the car are that the clock stopped working and the backup lights don't work. I know whats wrong with the lights and I will fix that for the buyer.

Everything else about the car is in excellent condition. It really drives smooth, has plenty of power and is virtually rattle-free. There is no rust whatsover that I have found, and there is no evidence of any previous collisions. The great thing about an '80 (other than the looks) is that it was the last year of the performance L82 engine option and the last year without a computer controlled carb. This means that engine mods are easy to do if you want, or it can be left all original, which is what I did.

If you are looking for a classic Corvette that you can just get in and drive without any work, this is the one. Car comes with cover, t-top storage case, brand new unopened Corvette America Assembly Manual, original owners manual, original Chevrolet brochure, and other documentation.

See my post in the C2 section for a detailed description of the '64:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1s-...axum-boat.html

Everything is negotiable and even better for a package deal (I really only need 1 car). Boat/trailer (1997 Maxum 2300 SC, 24') is available if that helps make a deal for the right car. Asking $12k for it.

Interested in possible trades for a '68-72 vert. with great paint. Mechanicals don't have to be perfect.

No leaks? Nothing from radiator, power steering control valve/piston, engine, rear seal, etc.?

Windows/tops leak? Although those were just badly designed so leaking there is common.

Thanks....Mark
Old 10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BobbyC3
I am confused, what are you asking for the '64? What engine, tranny?\

Thanks!
This is in his ad for the '64.

I have just about everything else needed to put the car together except and engine/trans. I do have a newly machined bare 383 block that I could add for the right deal, but is not included in the price. Long list of parts include: chrome bumpers in excellent condition, original hood, new fuel tank, new brake and fuel lines, original drum brakes but also have all parts to convert to '65 up disc brakes, new standard or offset trailing arms, 2 differentials, original alum. radiator, new hd driveshaft, barely used side exhaust (<500 miles), original wheels and hubcaps. I have a new (<500 miles) set of bolt-on knock-off wheels and tires that I will sell separately or could be added to the right deal (have almost $3k into those alone). There are too many other new parts to list here that are included.

I know I have to post a price, so I'll say $22,500 - that's around half of what I have in the car. Not interested in parting the car out (except for the wheels) since I will likely finish it if I don't sell it.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 PM
BobbyC3
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by DZRick
This is in his ad for the '64.

I have just about everything else needed to put the car together except and engine/trans. I do have a newly machined bare 383 block that I could add for the right deal, but is not included in the price. Long list of parts include: chrome bumpers in excellent condition, original hood, new fuel tank, new brake and fuel lines, original drum brakes but also have all parts to convert to '65 up disc brakes, new standard or offset trailing arms, 2 differentials, original alum. radiator, new hd driveshaft, barely used side exhaust (<500 miles), original wheels and hubcaps. I have a new (<500 miles) set of bolt-on knock-off wheels and tires that I will sell separately or could be added to the right deal (have almost $3k into those alone). There are too many other new parts to list here that are included.

I know I have to post a price, so I'll say $22,500 - that's around half of what I have in the car. Not interested in parting the car out (except for the wheels) since I will likely finish it if I don't sell it.
Ok thanks, I'll pass.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 AM
jon68l79
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, wasn't trying to confuse anyone. I'm just getting impatient with my '64 project and am looking for possible trades for something much more complete, so I was trying to link all of the toys for sale at the same time. Thanks for the posts clarifying that.

Small update on the '64 in that the knock-off wheel set has been sold.

Originally Posted by funymuny
No leaks? Nothing from radiator, power steering control valve/piston, engine, rear seal, etc.?

Windows/tops leak? Although those were just badly designed so leaking there is common.

Thanks....Mark
Mark- Yes the t-tops leak a little when I wash it. Not a big deal - I just lay my shammy on the console and it catches the drips. Never driven it in a hard rain, but I'm sure it would drip then too.

No leaks in the radiator. None in the power steering control valve either since I just replaced the valve, hoses, and pump last Fall. Usual small drip at the oil pan, but nothing serious. I don't think the engine has ever been apart so the seals are almost 30 years old.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jon68l79
Sorry, wasn't trying to confuse anyone. I'm just getting impatient with my '64 project and am looking for possible trades for something much more complete, so I was trying to link all of the toys for sale at the same time. Thanks for the posts clarifying that.

Small update on the '64 in that the knock-off wheel set has been sold.

Mark- Yes the t-tops leak a little when I wash it. Not a big deal - I just lay my shammy on the console and it catches the drips. Never driven it in a hard rain, but I'm sure it would drip then too.

No leaks in the radiator. None in the power steering control valve either since I just replaced the valve, hoses, and pump last Fall. Usual small drip at the oil pan, but nothing serious. I don't think the engine has ever been apart so the seals are almost 30 years old.
Thanks. Yes, I was asking about the 1980.

Get notified of new replies

To FS or Trade - 1964 Project/Perfect 1980/ Maxum Boat

Quick Reply: FS or Trade - 1964 Project/Perfect 1980/ Maxum Boat