Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'71 coupe NOM REDUCED $7000

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Bruthish
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

Default '71 coupe NOM REDUCED $7000

I bought this car approx 2 years ago. It was sitting in my neighbors garage and hardly ever driven. I ended up replacing the front brakes(calipers, pads, and rubber hoses), gas tank, and battery. Other than that I have not done much to it. I had three vettes at the time and then realized I was heading towards a divorce and now cannot afford to keep them. One is already sold.

I know buying a car in any venue can be a difficult task especially if the seller does not disclose all the details. So I will tell you what I know about it. Again I have not owned this car but two years and I have not done much work on it at all. I do drive it once in a while to cruise-ins.

So, this is non-original motor car. It has a 350 out of a late 70's truck(from what I was told from running block numbers). The engine compartment does need cleaned up and it appears that one of the previous owners did not care much about wiring as some of it has been spliced and ran to who knows where. It appears the car was originally an A/C car but a compressor is not present. The neck of the radiator has a small hairline crack that leaks a little. It appears it can be brazed. The engine does have some good stout power but I do not know if any work has been done to it. It does not smoke. It has headers that run to a set of Flowmasters.

The interior is all there but in rough condition. Previous Bubba hooked up an aftermarket Tach and oil pressure gauge. Not all of the gauges work. Bubba also hooked up a kill switch behind the seat. Again, not sure where they spliced the wiring harness to do such a thing.

Body: Decent condition. L-88 hood. Fixed aftermarket headlights. Passenger door has a "bubble" of some sort under the paint and the top of the door does not line up correctly with rear fender. The previous owner told me that it had never been "wrecked" but that he backed into something which caused the passenger side rear bumper to shift a little and pull out on the side. Its not really noticeable unless you are looking at it from the top. Glass and T-tops ok. Back glass has tinting on it. One of the previous owners also installed sport mirrors and ran the controls into the door panels and left them hanging out. The driver side door lock will not operate with the key and the latch does not operate on the outside.

Underbody: The frame has some surface rust on it. The car lived in a garage all its life(as I am told). I have not noticed any rust holes or major areas. The battery compartment does have a hole in it but not sure from what. Sometimes when you put it in reverse it sounds like something is hitting the body from underneath the car like a half shaft with a bad u-joint, but I cannot diagnose that. Gas tank had a pin-hole leak in it and I replaced it. It has a Holly electronic Fuel pump located in the back in front of the tank near the pumpkin.

This is for sure not a "car show caliber" car. It is a good sat night cruiser but it has its share of problems. Right now the biggest issue is that the rear brake line has a pin-hole leak in it and the back brakes will not stay bled however the front works well and I have cautiously driven it that way.

My plans was to pull the body off the frame and do a restoration. It can surely be driven the way it is(although I would get the rear brake lines fixed first). It needs some TLC and someone to just fix those things that are wrong with it.

The car is located in Clarksville, IN at my parents house. I encourage you to look at it in person as I do not want someone to bash me for receiving what they think is a lemon after the fact. I will try to get some better detailed pics in the next few days as the weather is supposed to be nice. Please ask any and all questions and I will try to answer them here so others who are interested can learn too.

Sorry I do not want to hassle with shipping overseas. And I would really prefer for the buyer to come get it. If you are driving from a long distance, trailer it would be the best. I will only accept cash and or cashiers check at my bank to confirm. $7000 FIRM

Here are a few pics:

Old 05-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Bruthish
Safety Car

More Pics:

This is the door with the bubble but it did not turn out well.

This is how the passenger door lines up with the fender. Just an adjustment?
Bruthish
Safety Car

This is the rear bumper that shifted when backed into something:

Back end. Surface rust on frame.
Bruthish
Safety Car