Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[AZ] For Sale - 1978 4 Speed - Thousands in new parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 AM
volition
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale - 1978 4 Speed - Thousands in new parts <Still for sale 9/28/2011!>

SOLD SOLD SOLD

This car is an absolute pleasure to drive. It runs and drives beautifully! It is a 1978 L48 with a 4 Speed Manual. This car has power windows, power steering and AC. I have recipts probably totalling $10,000 in parts alone spent in the last 2 years. Mileage is indicated at 14XXX but is not actual since the speedometer was replaced. Engine and Transmission both have around 1200 miles on fresh rebuilds. I don't drive the car a lot, it's been driven maybe 3000 total miles since I've owned it as this is just my extra car I drive for fun on weekends sometimes. Car just had 4 brand new tires put on as well.

The car is in good condition with one of the cleanest non-restored frames you will see. The birdcage is incredibly clean as well. The body mounts and pockets have no rust whatsoever. This car has ZERO rust probably due to the fact that records indicate it was stored in a garage from the mid 90's until I purchased it in 2009. This car also spent most of its life in Arizona.

The exhaust is brand new underneath. Summit Racing headers into a stainless true dual exhaust. Cataclytic converters were installed on both pipes as well. The system was topped off with a pair of Magnaflow mufflers. This system sounds great outside the car and is pretty quiet inside while driving with no drone at any speed.

This Corvette runs flawlessly thanks to a complete rebuilt long block that includes the remained of the 1 year / unlimited mileage warranty from Performance Chevrolet who built the engine. Sitting on top is a BRAND NEW Holley 0-9895 Carburetor. This is a very expensive direct bolt on replacement for the Quadrajet. It is a spread bore carburetor just like the original Quadrajet and is 100% emissions legal with all provisions. This also has an Electric Automatic Choke that is fully operational. This car starts the first time every time with a quick jab on the gas to set the choke and a turn of the key.

The car runs cool thanks to a completely new cooling system. The entire cooling system has been replaced and works without issue. This includes a brand new Air Dam that is missing on many of these cars.

The AC had a MAJOR Overhaul. Virtually the entire AC System was replaced with BRAND NEW parts designed for R134a including a much more modern condenser. The AC system is freezing cold even on the hot days here in Phoenix.

The Engine Electrical harness was replaced with a brand new unit. I also replaced the Starter Extension Harness with an A+ Condition used harness with no cut wires. The alternator was upgraded to the much more powerful and modern CS130 model. The entire ignition system has also been replaced including a brand new HEI Distributor and plug wires.

Externally, the car has good condition paint. It has one flaw near the drivers side windshield where some detailers burned through the paint (shown in picture), but other than that looks pretty good overall. The Rear Window Trim is glued in place due to a few broken clips. Glass is in good shape. Car has a BRAND NEW Windshield professionally installed by Safelite Auto Glass. Every piece of weatherstripping has been replaced by rubber from Corvette Rubber Company. All door locks/handles work.

The Interior is in good shape as well. The Dash and Seats were both recovered. Lower shift boot was replaced to keep out heat, a new upper shift boot is included as well. I have a JVC CD Player installed as well as 4 pretty good speakers. Front speakers are installed in lower kick panels as I did not want to cut up the gorgeous custom covered dash. Rear cover has been re-installed and works to cover your items in the rear of the car. New Seat Belts have been installed, but they are aftermarket and don't work as smooth as the OEM belts. The car has a new leather Grant GT Steering wheel. There are a few trim pieces missing here and there and scratches and dings from normal wear, but overall looks 8.5/10.

The entire front suspension was rebuilt with all new bushings, ball joints, tie rods, tubes, springs, shocks, wheel bearings and more. The power steering system got some work as well with a new set of hoses and a new steering cylinder as well as a new power steering valve. The Brake System received a complete overhaul. This car has ALL New Rotors from powerstop. These are slotted and cross drilled. Also semi-metallic pads on all 4 corners. Both front calipers were replaced with lifetime warranty units. All brake hoses were replaced and both front hard lines were replaced. This was all topped off with a remanufactured brake master cylinder.

There are many more things that have been replaced that would just take too long to cover all of them.

The small things that are wrong with this car :

Slight oil leak on drivers side.

The power steering pump is leaking slightly.

Horn is not working, I have the missing components which includes the relay and contact kit just have not installed them as the Arizona heat has yet to subside enough to get any work done.

The Headlights are missing the bezels.

I have a clean title in hand.

Here are some videos!

Video 1: Starting car (cold start), turning on AC, etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKKFjSJL3UU

Video 2: Car fully warmed, idling with AC on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v22_LJfYqy4

Video 3: Night cruising, full throttle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T3jl...eature=related

List of parts installed on car in the last year:

Engine Rebuilt Engine - Small Block 355 All new Stainless Steel Hardware and Fastners New Summit Racing Stock Style Oil Pan Summit Headers True Dual Exhaust with Dual Catalycic Converters Magnaflow Mufflers

Body New Windshield installed by Safelite New CRC Weatherstripping - Entire Car New Air Dam

Suspension/Steering NEW COMPLETE Front Suspension Rebuild Kit New Power Steering Cylinder New Power Steering Hoses (All 4) New Power Steering Valve New VBP 550lb Performance Springs New KYB Shock Absorbers (Front) New A-Arm Seals New Lugnuts for all wheels (Dorman Acorn Style) New Tires – Falken Sincera have approx 300 miles on them!

Interior Recovered Seats in Black Leatherette Custom Black Leatherette Recovered Dash New Corvette Floormats New Seat Belts / Latches / Hardware New Carpet New Blaupunkt GTC 525 Speakers New JVC CD Player

Fuel System New Holley 0-9895 Carburetor. This is a bolt-on, EMISSIONS LEGAL Spread Bore Carburetor. New Fuel Pump (Reproduction of Original) New Fuel Line Feed New Fuel Pump Elbow New Accelerator Return Spring

Brake System Reman Brake Master Cylinder Reman Brake Calipers Front Left and Right New Brake Hoses - All 4 Wheels New Front Wheel Bearings - Timken New Left+Right Front Brake Lines New Stainless Steel Parking Brake Hardware

Cooling System New All Aluminum Radiator New Radiator Mount Cushions New ACDelco Radiator Hoses New Hayden 2799 Fan Clutch - Severe Duty Replaced Radiator Fan Shroud (L82 shroud) Replaced 7 Blade Fan New Radiator Overflow Bottle

Engine External New FelPro KS2600 Gasket Set - ALL Engine Gaskets are brand new. New Chrome Valve Covers New Chrome Air Cleaner New Chrome Thermostat Housing New Alternator Support Bracket NOS Alternator Support Stud NOS Alternator 3 piece mounting kit NOS Alternator Guide NOS Water Pump Pulley NOS FR AC Compressor Bracket NOS Compressor Bracket NOS Compressor Lower Bracket NOS Crankshaft Pulley NOS Alternator Mounting Bolts

Ignition New HEI Distributor New Autolite 26 Spark Plugs New Spark Plug Wires

Exhaust
New Dual Exhaust with Dual Catalytic Converters Summit Racing Headers

Oiling System WIX 51069 Oil Filter Summit Racing Break in Oil for first 500 miles. Mobil 1 10w30 after. New OE-Style Filter Adapter New OE Oil Pump Assembly

Belts
New Dayco Top Cog V-Belts

Transmission/Driveline Rebuilt Transmission from AAMCO of Peoria New SACHS Clutch Pressure Plate/Disc/Throwout Bearing New Clutch Pilot Bearing New Clutch Fork Boot New Pressure Plate Bolts New Pivot Stud Lock Washer New Clutch Housing Inspection Cover New Lower Shift Boot New Clutch Pedal Bumper New Speedometer Cable

Electrical
New Engine Wiring Harness Rebuilt / Upgraded CS130 Alernator New Headlight Actuator Seals New Headlight Switch Replaced AC Wiring Harness (Pristine, no cut connectors) Replaced Starter Extension Harness (Pristine, no cut connectors) New Vaccum Hose Firewall Grommet New Speedometer Cable Grommet

Air Conditioning / Heating New Evaporator Core New R134a Crossflow Condenser New Blower Motor New ACDelco AC Compressor New AC Lines (Custom made for R134a) New Accumulator/Dryer New Cycling Switch New Binary Hi/Low Pressure Switch for R134a Replaced Cabin Vents New Heater/AC Gasket Kit - ALL Gaskets replaced in HVAC System New Heater Core New AC Vacuum Switch

Last edited by volition; 10-12-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:49 PM
brian_ndms
Instructor

What a nice looking car! Someone is getting a very nice car at that price. Bump for a nicely restored C3 at a great price!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 PM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a nice car for the money . How many miles are on the rebuilt engine ?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
volition
Racer

edit

Last edited by volition; 09-28-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:06 AM
volition
Racer

edit

Last edited by volition; 09-28-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:38 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Just a suggestion... that opening post where you have seven (!) pictures side by side make reading your description etc very difficult because the screen is so pulled sideways.

Maybe post the pictures one after the other, no more that 2 across would be a great idea for the readers.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 PM
volition
Racer

Feel free to make reasonable offers!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:13 PM
brian_ndms
Instructor

PM Sent
Old 05-23-2011, 03:23 PM
volition
Racer

Still sellin!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 AM
volition
Racer

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 AM
far north
Navigator

pm sent
Old 06-10-2011, 12:47 AM
volition
Racer

edit.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:40 AM
BDharley07
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmm Id like to take a look at it.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
volition
Racer

Sorry if I missed anyones message, I had a big response and tried to get to everyone. Car IS still for sale!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:22 PM
EDLEISURE
Intermediate

really,really nice. all i can say is i will keep my eye on this one. need a couple more
weeks or so. maybe if it is still here, i can fly out and drive it home.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 PM
volition
Racer

Open to offers. Worst I can say is no!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
retaf
Racer

PM sent...

Get notified of new replies

To [AZ] For Sale - 1978 4 Speed - Thousands in new parts

Old 06-26-2011, 04:27 PM
volition
Racer

edit

Last edited by volition; 09-28-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
volition
Racer

edit.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:00 PM
gregmuzila
Racer

incredible price, wish i saw this when i was in the market 2 months ago.

good luck

Quick Reply: [AZ] For Sale - 1978 4 Speed - Thousands in new parts