Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTS or WTT: 1973 454 #'s matching, 52k miles all original. pics and vid inside! look!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTS or WTT:1973 454 #'s matching, 52k miles.pics and vid inside!Taking offers!!

Ok, it has come time. I had my fun with her and I love the car, but I changed my mind and would like a c5 or c6. This is a 1973 corvette 454 with number matching tranny, rear end, and engine. It is all original even the carb. It is an Auto with the premium interior. It has 52k miles that is correct and not rolled over. I also have original tank sticker!

The good:
-the frame is amazing, not a spot of rust, solid and no hit
-carb was tuned, engine was tuned, and new wires and plugs installed
-paint is still pretty good and just paid to have it detailed and polished
-new magnaflow mufflers with new exhaust
-engine runs without a hitch, it puts you back in your seat!
-all gauges work even the clock, all lights work, and headlights work perfect, along with wipers
-brakes are good and the car just passed PA inspection
-there are no leeks and the windows go up and down
-interior is pretty good for its age, the drivers seat does have some wear and the driver door arm pad has cracks it it.
- the air works and every thing, I dont have the ac charged but it should work, i just installed a new belt on it, that i forgot to picture.

The bad:
-on the hood it looks like moisture backed into the paint, its not really noticeable, but it still can be seen up close. doesnt cover a large area at all.
- there are some chips in the paint here and there, nothing to bad, but i figured id tell people about it.

Other than that the car is great, runs and drive good and just took it to Carlise back and forth from Pitt!

I am willing to trade for a 6spd only c5 with under 65k and in good condition, no red!

Or the price will be $23,000, the NADA is over 27k. in current condition.
I am in Pittsburgh, PA and anyone can come drive it if interested. TAKING OFFERS!!!! COME DRIVE THIS THING!!

Video is at link on the bottom. it is coming home from Carlisle.
Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s7LV8bzuzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgrz1_FOLqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzYYSIlat5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i3gD...78AUAAAAAAADAA

video
http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=IMG_0422.mp4

Thank you and I hope you like the car!

Last edited by GB77Vette; 07-24-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:13 AM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was running in the vicinity of this car for about 50-75 miles on the PA Turnpike Friday morning on the way to Carlisle - one of those informal caravans that just takes shape along the way. It's really a sharp looking Stingray!
Terry
Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 PM
PhilaScott
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts

If the "moisture" on the hood is on the side where the AC compressor is, what you're seeing is very "normal" for ac cars of this age. It's actually oil that wicks up into the fiberglass coming off the compressor. If it's not in this vicinty -- well, now you know this tip...

Nice car.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:47 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Originally Posted by PhilaScott
If the "moisture" on the hood is on the side where the AC compressor is, what you're seeing is very "normal" for ac cars of this age. It's actually oil that wicks up into the fiberglass coming off the compressor. If it's not in this vicinty -- well, now you know this tip...

Nice car.

thank you for the tip and kind words. I dont think its that. I'm pissed at myself actually, when i got the car it didnt have this on it. I had to put a tarp over it one day because i was doing something with the garage, and when i woke up the next day, these marks were there. I buffed the car with a compound and it took them away a little bit, but now i cant get rid of them, nor can the shop i took it to. It really is not noticeable, and would miss them if not looking for them. I have the extra matched paint if the buyer would like it resprayed, it was quoted at $300 to respray the hood since i already have the paint.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

got a couple offers for trades, but nothing im interested in. I only want a C6 six speed with low miles. Im looking for a straight trade. or sell for 23k with a little wiggle room. Please dont offer me 13k, that is insulting....

Last edited by GB77Vette; 07-15-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
GARY D.
Cruising

Where in the Pittsburgh area are you located? I live in the North Hills and would like to take a look. I'll pm you with my phone number.
Gary D.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
GARY D.
Cruising

Wheryat???
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
GARY D.
Cruising

How exactly does a potential buyer get in touch with you?
Gary D.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY D.
How exactly does a potential buyer get in touch with you?
Gary D.
He's in West Mifflin. If he didn't see your PM yet, see his Craigslist ad and try emailing him via that. Good luck!
Terry
Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 AM
GARY D.
Cruising

Originally Posted by vette442
He's in West Mifflin. If he didn't see your PM yet, see his Craigslist ad and try emailing him via that. Good luck!
Terry
Thanx Terry but I'm not so sure about the sincerity of the seller. He's been on the forum and he's seen my posts but won't acknowledge them. I'm movin on. Bad karma with this car.
Gary D.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Originally Posted by GARY D.
Thanx Terry but I'm not so sure about the sincerity of the seller. He's been on the forum and he's seen my posts but won't acknowledge them. I'm movin on. Bad karma with this car.
Gary D.
Gary I actually havent been on this forum in about 5 days. I only received your Pm on my phone and I did call you. no answer. I was away all weekend and havent been on the forum until today. Terry thank you for responding for me and trying to help out.
Gary, I left you a message today so please call me back and we can work out a meeting.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
73 red vette
Racer

Originally Posted by GB77Vette
Gary I actually havent been on this forum in about 5 days. I only received your Pm on my phone and I did call you. no answer. I was away all weekend and havent been on the forum until today. Terry thank you for responding for me and trying to help out.
Gary, I left you a message today so please call me back and we can work out a meeting.
HEY GUY,
I just wanted to put my 2cents in. I am a native Pittsburgher,Love them Steelers and Pens,also a big Penn Stste,JoePa fan . relocated to Kalifornia in 78.I bought a 73 SB, 4 speed about 7 years ago and have just about totally rebuilt it,but I love every minute of working on it.
nuf of the BS crap, I just wanted to tell you if you sell it you gotta be crazy, it's a one year car there's not another one like and yours looks pristine . If I had $18K i'd buy it from you in a new york second.
But sorry, I don't have that kind of money, but I think you are crazy to take less than 100K for it. It will eventually be a collectors item.
so,if you don't need the money real bad, don't sell It if you do need the money, then take loan out and use it for collatoral .

Just a thought from an old Pittsburgh dude, I'd post a pic of mine but don't know how email me AT VET78US@ YAHOO DOT .COM AND i'LL EMAIL YOU ONE IF YOU WANT, YOU COULD EMAIL ME PICS OF YOUR CAR AND I'D SEEIF i KNOW ANYONE HERE ON THE LEFT COAST WHO WOULD BUY IT.

LOTSALUCK AND A GREAT LIFE
RICH

Last edited by 73 red vette; 09-14-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: WRONG NAME USED
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Originally Posted by 73 red vette
HEY GUY,
I just wanted to put my 2cents in. I am a native Pittsburgher,Love them Steelers and Pens,also a big Penn Stste,JoePa fan . relocated to Kalifornia in 78.I bought a 73 SB, 4 speed about 7 years ago and have just about totally rebuilt it,but I love every minute of working on it.
nuf of the BS crap, I just wanted to tell you if you sell it you gotta be crazy, it's a one year car there's not another one like and yours looks pristine . If I had $18K i'd buy it from you in a new york second.
But sorry, I don't have that kind of money, but I think you are crazy to take less than 100K for it. It will eventually be a collectors item.
so,if you don't need the money real bad, don't sell It if you do need the money, then take loan out and use it for collatoral .

Just a thought from an old Pittsburgh dude, I'd post a pic of mine but don't know how email me AT VET78US@ YAHOO DOT .COM AND i'LL EMAIL YOU ONE IF YOU WANT, YOU COULD EMAIL ME PICS OF YOUR CAR AND I'D SEEIF i KNOW ANYONE HERE ON THE LEFT COAST WHO WOULD BUY IT.

LOTSALUCK AND A GREAT LIFE
RICH

Rich, thank you for the kind words. I love the car and dont really need money that badly or need the trade i am looking for. Ive had offers on the car but they were not what I needed to get for it. I recently drove to look at another 73 454 by me that need restoration and the guy couldnt believe how clean this car is. Pictures dont do it justice. Yes, there are nicks here and there but for as old as the paint its expected.
I dont know what you mean by 100k? I dont know many Vettes that sell in that price range, nor have I ever seen a 73 BB sell over 40k. the value of the car is 27k as it sits. so I will take 24k obo for it.
Pittsburgh is awesome and it acutally has a large corvette following, and is close to carlise. Plus, it hasnt really been hit TOO hard by the recession.

Last edited by GB77Vette; 05-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

That's one beautiful C3! Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

How long have you owned the car?
Do you have any owner history?
G.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:10 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1960fi
How long have you owned the car?
Do you have any owner history?
G.
I have had the car for about 5-6 months now. Ive gotten some work done on the car since. I also am the third owner. the previous owner was an older gentleman who rarely drove the car.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

I dont wanna do it, but the car is going on ebay soon. craigslist is a waste of time. Anyone have any suggestions on making the care better? Ive pretty much done everything I can that made financial sense. The only thing holding the car back is the drivers side door panel arm rest, and the ghosted white on the hood, which is not really noticable unless looking for it.

Get notified of new replies

To WTS or WTT: 1973 454 #'s matching, 52k miles all original. pics and vid inside! look!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM
boutyme
Racer

I just happened to see this car out today at a local strip mall, beautiful car and runs smooth. I'm surprised no one has bought it off him yet!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Originally Posted by boutyme
I just happened to see this car out today at a local strip mall, beautiful car and runs smooth. I'm surprised no one has bought it off him yet!

Thank you! It was nice talking to you today. I drove the car up to Mineral beach next to trax farm and I had a TON of people looking at it and asking questions. I had a for sale sign of it at $24k. A guy was very interested and said it was in amazing shape and the nicest vette at the show.

Before hand I was undervaluing the car and it was the end of the season. Shoot me an offer price guys and we can talk. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 AM
GB77Vette
Advanced

Need to sell asap, came across a deal I cant pass up! lowered price to $23k obo.!!!

Last edited by GB77Vette; 07-15-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quick Reply: WTS or WTT: 1973 454 #'s matching, 52k miles all original. pics and vid inside! look!