Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 Convertible, 4-speed, yellow/black - white top $18900

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:06 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default 1968 Convertible, 4-speed, yellow/black - white top $17900

Selling my yellow '68. The car is a very nice looking driver but not a perfect show car. The motor is a 355 small block with aluminum heads (built by Summit Racing) with probably somewhere between 300 and 350 HP.. The transmission is a Muncie M-20 and could use a rebuild as the 3rd gear synchro has issues when shifting DOWN 4 to 3 (upshifting is fine).
The clutch is also close to it's end. The speedo gear in the transmission is also broken and need to be fixed.. I will fix the transmission and install a new clutch for the price listed or will reduce the price by $1000 and the buyer fixes it! Car runs and drives very good with no noticeable issues (other than the transmission synchro issue). Headlights don't come up automatically, which is probably a vacuum system issue. I have no time to play with it.. Shouldn't be a lot to fix it as they were working when I bought the car. They go down automatically but won't come up. Heater is not connected and I have no idea if the heater core is leaking or not or if it's working.
Center gauges are Autometer Phantom gauges as I installed them for better accuracy over the stock gauges. The car has a aftermarket heads up display which is nice and works great. Seat covers are leather and were replaced around 2004.. They are still in nice shape.
If someone is looking for a perfect car on which everything is working and is all original, look for another car. If you are looking for a great driver that turns heads wherever you go, this Vette is for you! I've had the car for about 6 years and drove well over 30000 miles with it with no issues.. The only issue is that the clutch is slipping under heavy acceleration. Under normal driving conditions, it's working fine.
Cooling system is upgraded with a griffin radiator, high volume water pump and a electrical fan.. Car never runs hot, even in stop and go traffic on a hot summer day.

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 01-01-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Price drop.. now $17900
Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

...hate to see you sell this one. I saw it the day you bought it driving down I-77 through Canton, Ohio on your way to Florida. It was snowing that day and I think you said it had no heat...

...I also sold my Silver '68 and Silver '75. Downsized with the economy.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Paul Borowski
...hate to see you sell this one. I saw it the day you bought it driving down I-77 through Canton, Ohio on your way to Florida. It was snowing that day and I think you said it had no heat...

...I also sold my Silver '68 and Silver '75. Downsized with the economy.
I really want to invest in real estate and need money to do so.. Right now, nobody finances you for investment property, so I have to pay cash. Already sold the race car in pieces and now I'm selling the yellow one.. Furthermore, since my son was born 22 months ago, I haven't used the car too much.. Usually drove it together with my wife, but now, if we would want to go out together, we would need a babysitter, so we don't go out at all in the Vette.. Right now, I drive it about once every month to work and that's about it..
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
I really want to invest in real estate and need money to do so.. Right now, nobody finances you for investment property, so I have to pay cash. Already sold the race car in pieces and now I'm selling the yellow one.. Furthermore, since my son was born 22 months ago, I haven't used the car too much.. Usually drove it together with my wife, but now, if we would want to go out together, we would need a babysitter, so we don't go out at all in the Vette.. Right now, I drive it about once every month to work and that's about it..
...yeah, Oliver funny how life's priorities change. Got into road bicycling a couple years ago and ride 150+ miles per week. I hardly use my two Corvettes either, maybe 400mi per year.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Paul Borowski
...yeah, Oliver funny how life's priorities change. Got into road bicycling a couple years ago and ride 150+ miles per week. I hardly use my two Corvettes either, maybe 400mi per year.
I also got another hobby.. Well, it's more than a hobby.. I'm taking it pretty seriously. I'm playing competitive table tennis.. Became Florida State Champion in 2010 and I'm number 6 in Florida right now (of 550 active tournament players) and number 180 or so in the country (of 8000 tournament players)..
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To 1968 Convertible, 4-speed, yellow/black - white top $18900

Quick Reply: 1968 Convertible, 4-speed, yellow/black - white top $18900