Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

74 Stingray 454 4-speed

Old 08-16-2012, 07:54 PM
nitrojoe
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 74 Stingray 454 4-speed

The reason for selling is that I want to do some drag racing and I'm afraid of blowing the half shafts or rear diff out of it on the starting line . I don't want to spend a lot to put Dragvette stuff in it or a straight axle ( 9") .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVrf3QWbSI

Previous owner had the Vette in the garage for 10 yr.s and only drove it 5000 miles . The mileage now is 100746 . Last safety check was in 2003 when he purchased it ( mileage 94975 ) . At that time , $ 1400 spent on new right front control arm bushings and upper ball joint , new rear brake cables , new front and rear rotors and pads .
According to the previous owner and an appraisal done in 2002 , the engine was professionally rebuilt by a shop in Kingston 10,000 miles ago .
UPDATE : The 454 is not a numbers matching engine . The engine ID #'S indicate that it is an 1978 truck 454 , rated at 250 horsepower . According to recent generous feedback by potential buyers who are Corvette enthusiasts , they say that the car was a base 350 automatic car and that it had a 454 and 4-speed transplant at some point in it's life .
Flowmaster mufflers are installed . The fanbelt is tight but squeals ; possibly due to small misalignment and a chrome water pump pulley .
The windshield has marks from a worn wiper blade . The interior is worn from age and needs to be refurbished or drive it as is and do it over time . Tires are old and need to be replaced .

There were a few quick paint jobs done to the car over it's life and I've been busy scraping the layers off with a razor blade down to the dark grey factory primer layer .
I've purchased a new Trueflex rear bumper cover with retainers and have not yet fitted it to the car . Also purchased from Corvette Central were new center caps for the 81-82 aluminum rims and new wheel lugnuts . The rims were polished with Mothers aluminum polish and a Powerball and they look great ( 8 hr.s each ! ) .
Mechanically , the car is in very good shape .... new front bumper cover , paint , new tires , windshield , safety and your on the road .
NEW PRICE ! - I want $ 6000 FIRM as is for the car or trade for a street machine or older hotrod of equal value .

kjovington@xplornet.com

Fitzroy Harbour Ontario , Canada

Last edited by nitrojoe; 08-22-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Dropped price !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 74 Stingray 454 4-speed