Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1969 Roadster

The original deal fell through, so the car is back up for sale.

I've had this car about 6 years and I'd like to move on to another project. The color combination is code correct Lemans Blue with Bright Blue interior. The car was optioned with both tops and includes the hard top, which has been recovered with new vinyl 3 or 4 years ago (looks new still because I hardly ever use the hard top and the car never sits outside very long).

The paint was done about a year ago using the correct mix for the 976 code color. I freshened up the interior over the time I've owned the car and did a big overhaul on it recently. The top was done at the same time as the paint, along with many new badges, chrome, etc where needed.

The car is originally a 427cui 390hp big block, but a 350 small block was installed in the mid-70s. Most of the original big block parts (tachometer, distributor, radiator overflow, fan shroud, rear sway bar, heavy duty rear end, etc) are still present. It also originally had the highly desirable side pipe exhaust.

The car has a 4 speed, close ratio M21 Muncie transmission. The wheel covers are the optional P02 Deluxe Wheel Covers, but I also have an extra complete set of nice, original (metal...not plastic like many reproduction) rally wheel trim rings and centers that can be swapped out if the buyer prefers the look of the base rally wheels.

The brakes and suspension was rebuilt with springs, control arms, bushings, ball joints, camber braces, etc from Vette Brakes.

As far as issues, the parking brake needs to be adjusted better, same for the windows. The transmission shifts a bit firm when cold (the linkage is set on the lower, short throw holes) but doesn't grind or misbehave in any way.

It's not a show car and wasn't a frame off, but it's in good shape. The paint was completely stripped when done. I would judge it as a very nice driver.

Both tops go with the car and the buyer would have choice between a nice set of rally wheel trim rings/centers or the P02 covers in the photos.

It is NOT numbers matching, but much of the original big block stuff is there. The original BB radiator was replaced with a new BB style one.

My asking price is $22,000. I'm open to reasonable offers.

Chris

Last edited by okinawa86vette; 03-12-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Can you take some pics of the engine compartment?

You can either post them, or email me at camdoyal@gmail.com

Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Bruce42
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have the original hood or side pipes. Do you know what happened to the original motor.

Bruce
Old 03-13-2014, 11:14 PM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

The original hood, exhaust and motor were removed before I was even born, at least 2 owners ago. The previous owner had the car in his family since the late '70's and those parts were gone before he got the car.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM
E74BS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the colored interior!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 AM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

Looks like the car is sold.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM
okinawa86vette