Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Matching #'s 427 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Panhead59
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Roger. I WAS sweating the time table for the work being done at the body shop. Seems like Corvette Central and a couple of the other "big" parts houses didn't have a front lower valence in stock. And they are only made at 2 places in the US. I was 7th on the list with only 2 being produced a week!!!! I am replacing it as it has been worked on before and not up to my standards, so I am having it replaced entirely. Body shop guarantees color match on both valence and hood. Besides the stinger hood being painted, that's it. I finally found a front valence (he had 2 in stock) from Volunteer out of Knoxville, Tn. So now the body shop has plenty of time and the vette will be in tip top cond. going to Carlisle. Being a Marine, I always have a plan "B".!!!! The vette will go directly to Black Tie Classics in Philly, Sun. the 24th, to be sold on consignment. I definitely have you on the schedule for a visit before Carlisle!!!! Most depends on the body shop, but I am not expecting any delays from them. They will have had 3 3 1/2 weeks to get er done!!! See ya!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:34 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 795 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by Panhead59
Thanks Roger. I WAS sweating the time table for the work being done at the body shop. Seems like Corvette Central and a couple of the other "big" parts houses didn't have a front lower valence in stock. And they are only made at 2 places in the US. I was 7th on the list with only 2 being produced a week!!!! I am replacing it as it has been worked on before and not up to my standards, so I am having it replaced entirely. Body shop guarantees color match on both valence and hood. Besides the stinger hood being painted, that's it. I finally found a front valence (he had 2 in stock) from Volunteer out of Knoxville, Tn. So now the body shop has plenty of time and the vette will be in tip top cond. going to Carlisle. Being a Marine, I always have a plan "B".!!!! The vette will go directly to Black Tie Classics in Philly, Sun. the 24th, to be sold on consignment. I definitely have you on the schedule for a visit before Carlisle!!!! Most depends on the body shop, but I am not expecting any delays from them. They will have had 3 3 1/2 weeks to get er done!!! See ya!!!
Boy it sounds like it was close going for awhile. It all sounds like you will have it the way you want for selling. Great news see ya soon.
Roger
Old 08-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Panhead59
Racer

Price is now a firm- $38K. (more work was done) Ya'll are missing out on a very nice matching #'s BB at a price you are not going to see again. And that is not a sales pitch. To be honest, I don't REALLY care if it sells or not. I kinda like the car. Roger- Not going to make it to Hunting Hills. Car won't be out of body shop (painting hood) till Fri. Aug. 15. See ya in Carlisle!! I'll be in car coral # CB7. That should be FRONT ROW !!!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:05 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Price is now a firm- $38K. (more work was done) Ya'll are missing out on a very nice matching #'s BB at a price you are not going to see again. And that is not a sales pitch. To be honest, I don't REALLY care if it sells or not. I kinda like the car. Roger- Not going to make it to Hunting Hills. Car won't be out of body shop (painting hood) till Fri. Aug. 15. See ya in Carlisle!! I'll be in car coral # CB7. That should be FRONT ROW !!!!!
No problem Mark. Will be up Sat. hey maybe you will have it sold by then. Can't wait to see it and hear it. See ya then
R
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Panhead59
Racer

Update on my 69 for sale. The car has been,and still is, in the body shop to get the hood painted. I check on it every week in person, and a little more is done each time I check, but it's still not painted (hood only). It's been 8 weeks. It's ready for paint and it looks like a terrific prep job. This body man is a perfectionist!!! It's a very small body shop with a very good reputation but he does his quick money insurance jobs first and gets to my car whenever he can. Not the initial "deal" for sure!!! Now I really have no better choice but to let him finish. Should be any day, but I've been saying that for 3 weeks. Anyway, the current plan is to take it down to Atlanta to consign with "Buy a Vette" as soon as I get it back. It's getting awfully late in the season to sell, but I figure it'll be safer from "garage damage" down there instead of sitting in my garage all winter. Just wanted to let everyone know it's still for sale and Roger- I'll be by the house soon!!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:42 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Update on my 69 for sale. The car has been,and still is, in the body shop to get the hood painted. I check on it every week in person, and a little more is done each time I check, but it's still not painted (hood only). It's been 8 weeks. It's ready for paint and it looks like a terrific prep job. This body man is a perfectionist!!! It's a very small body shop with a very good reputation but he does his quick money insurance jobs first and gets to my car whenever he can. Not the initial "deal" for sure!!! Now I really have no better choice but to let him finish. Should be any day, but I've been saying that for 3 weeks. Anyway, the current plan is to take it down to Atlanta to consign with "Buy a Vette" as soon as I get it back. It's getting awfully late in the season to sell, but I figure it'll be safer from "garage damage" down there instead of sitting in my garage all winter. Just wanted to let everyone know it's still for sale and Roger- I'll be by the house soon!!!!
Hey Mark, looking forward to seeing it and rattling some windows.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Sold

Quick Reply: 1969 Matching #'s 427 for sale