Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB '69 or '70 conv.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 05:16 PM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts
Default WTB '69 to '72 conv.

1969 to '72 Convertible wanted.

Following is list of "must" haves:

1) Red--color code on trim tag must match

2) Original engine/transmission/rear end

----Items like starter/carb./alternator/radiator/battery can be replacements (even though some of the items are expensive to replace, cars without these items will be considered)

3) 4 speed

4) Air conditioning (OEM)

5) Convertible

6) No rust issues--frame, windshield frame, rocker channels, etc.
Minor scale and maybe minor end caps, radiator support and front cross member rust issues will be considered.

Additional options that would be nice, but not a deal breaker are:

P/S, P/B, tilt/tele column, shoulder belts, alarm, stereo radio, gill louvers.

300 or 350 HP engine preferred, might consider a big block (390 HP), but thinking that for the quality of car wanted that BB may be out of price range.

Condition:

Looking for a low "2" or high "3" car

My definition of this is:

1) Very presentable paint/interior

2) All mechanical, electrical, suspension, brakes, cooling system, in "no excuses" operational condition.

3) Might be an older restoration with normal wear and tear (a car that you would expect to drive anywhere/any time without undue concern).

Car will be used as a secondary driver, likely weekends, but may be driven on longer trips, so mechanical condition is paramount, but items like stone chips, small scratches in chrome, wear on seats, etc. will be okay.

Thanks for any leads,
George
geopar@gvtc.com
210 748 4693210 748 4693

I'm near San Antonio, buyer is in Dallas---lower 48 preferred, but any car, anywhere, that meets criteria will be considered. Potential cars should be available for inspection.Call

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Last edited by Corvettes by George; 09-06-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

email sent
Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
email sent
Thanks, but it has to be a 4 speed.
G.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:20 AM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Default Factory A/C convertible

Hello George,

That wish list is nearly identical to what I was looking for about 1 1/2 years ago except I only wanted a 1970 model 350hp ( only available in 4 speed which of course is what I wanted) only with factory A/C in a convertible. Well let me tell you it was very slim pickins out there then and it still is now. I did find and buy a car and it is a great car although I did have to have some work done to it. You are right about the missing parts like the original 1100884 alternator and the original carburetor being very expensive and very hard to find. My car is an original Red/Black original complete 350/350hp drivetrain Engine, Transmission, and special rear axle 3:55 (optional), PS, Tilt/Tele, Alarm, both tops and a no hit beautiful body. I have complete ownership history back to new as well as Al Greening Engine pad certification. It is not currently for sale but I just wanted to share my experience with the difficulty of finding these hard to find A/C 350hp convertibles. The 300hp A/C convertibles cars are much easier to locate although I did not want the 300hp. I will keep a lookout since I still have a lot of the research information that I used to find mine. I will let you know if I come across anything.

Best of luck to you and your customer. Please let them know that they are looking for a very special low production car.

Jay
713-253-0475
Old 09-06-2014, 09:17 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Good to hear from you Jay.
Terrific car you have---Want to sell it??
We've decided to expand our search to include the '71 and '72 year models (only change will be the HP numbers).
Purchaser will pay the correct money for the correct car.
G.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:33 AM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960fi
Good to hear from you Jay.
Terrific car you have---Want to sell it??
We've decided to expand our search to include the '71 and '72 year models (only change will be the HP numbers).
Purchaser will pay the correct money for the correct car.
G.
Hello George,

Thanks for asking but I am not ready to sell at this time. My search was focused only on a 70 model and that made it much more difficult to find because of the lower overall production because of the GM strike for that model year and the last year for the higher horsepower rating. Also the 70 model has a lot of one year only parts and I found that across the board on all 70's that either some or a lot of the original parts were missing including mine. I have since located and bought the original alternator and carburetor correctly dated that I was missing.

By expanding your search to include 71 and 72 models cars it will make finding the right car easier however there are still not a lot of Factory A/C convertibles as you already know. The 69 model will be the easiest to find in what your customer is looking for because the production numbers for 69 were so high.

I will let you know if I find anything.

Take care

Jay
713-253-0475
Old 09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Closing thread because buyer has widened his search options.Will start another, up-dated thread
Old 09-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by 1960fi
Closing thread because buyer has widened his search options.Will start another, up-dated thread

Get notified of new replies

To WTB '69 or '70 conv.

Quick Reply: WTB '69 or '70 conv.