Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS/FT: 72 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 11:16 AM
flyinrazrback
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS/FT: 72 Coupe

About my car, it is a non-matching car, originally a small block car with automatic transmission. It now has a 454 and Doug Nash 5 speed transmission with a Long Shifter and 3.36 rear axle. The engine and transmission have less than 3600 miles on them, as well as the rear end gears. The engine is bored over .030 with forged pistons, hydraulic tappet cam with about 550 lift. Stock cylinder heads that have mild porting and larger intake/exhaust valves installed roller tip rockers. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold with Holly 750 carb. MSD 6AL ignition and distributor/coil. Long tube headers through 2.75” exhaust into Flowmaster mufflers. The car has not been on a dyno but I would guess between 475-500hp. Tons of new parts to include brand new Cooper Cobra tires (less than 100 miles), chrome alternator, chrome water pump, power steering pump, master cylinder, brake rotors, brake pads, wheel bearings, shocks & struts (big block springs in the front), new leaf springs, polished aluminum pulleys in the engine bay and new belts. New radiator with Dewitt Dual Electric cooling fans installed. New Optima Red Top Battery (Oct 2014) All new fluids (Amsoil Zrod 20w50 engine oil, Amsoil MTF transmission fluid, Redline 75w90 rear axle fluid). Kenwood CD player & 1000w amp with dual 6x9s and dual 8” subs. The seats in the car are from a 1980 corvette, however I am including a set of 1972 seats with the car that are in excellent condition. They do not match the interior color in the car, so new covers would need to be bought (Al Knoch interiors has the correct vinyl/leather color). Car was frame off restored in 1984. No known rust. Also including a very nice car cover.

I would rate the paint at a 9/10. There are a few imperfections but it is a gorgeous metallic blue. Interior I would rate an 8.5/10. All chrome is in excellent condition. The rocker panels have been polished and trim strip painted, no scratches.

The negatives, the car does have a rebuilt title. It was involved in a minor accident in 1984. The car rear ended a truck going about 25mph. This resulted in having to replace the front end fiberglass, bumpers & lights, plus hood. No frame damage. The repairs were a bit over $3000 and the book value of about $4800 so the insurance just totaled it. All parts were replaced with new OEM parts. Do not let the title status deter you; this car has been driven for 31+ years with no issues. The other negative, is the windshield wipers do not work. It could be a vacuum hose issue or actuators. I never bothered to fix them as the car has not seen the rain.

Car is located in Northwest AR, if interested please PM me through here. $19K or trade for C5 Z06 (can add $$). Car is awesome, but I want to get a C5 Z06.

http://s941.photobucket.com/user/fly...?sort=3&page=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsOr...ature=youtu.be
Attached Images  

Last edited by flyinrazrback; 03-26-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

Very nice looking C3. If only it were yellow.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:52 AM
WhiteKnight
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nice

Beautiful 72 and great price. This is exactly what I'd be looking to buy or build if I went the NOM route. Could be the twin to my 08 Z. Damn that's nice. Unfortunately I've decided to hold off for the time being on my next purchase. The timing just isn't right. Man, lots of nice C3's changing hands right now.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:59 PM
sbaba
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Docbrock
Very nice looking C3. If only it were yellow.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:56 PM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

VERY nice!!
Good Luck With The Sale!!
Old 03-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

I on the other hand find the blue positively stunning.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:25 PM
sbaba
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
I on the other hand find the blue positively stunning.
but I am looking for a yellow one.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

That interior is a gorgeous colour too. Those 80 seats look delicious in that blue.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:33 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Very nice looking 72 at a great price...
Old 03-22-2015, 02:06 PM
flyinrazrback
Racer

Originally Posted by jr9170
Very nice looking 72 at a great price...
Thanks! I love the car but keep wanting a C5 Z06. Unfortunately don't have the room or $$ for both! Need to win/rig the lottery.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:26 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Priya mentioned the interior... I had to go look.

Wow, gotta show this off.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:00 AM
ayesijuan
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinrazrback
About my car, it is a non-matching car, originally a small block car with automatic transmission. It now has a 454 and Doug Nash 5 speed transmission with a Long Shifter and 3.36 rear axle. The engine and transmission have less than 3600 miles on them, as well as the rear end gears. The engine is bored over .030 with forged pistons, hydraulic tappet cam with about 550 lift. Stock cylinder heads that have mild porting and larger intake/exhaust valves installed roller tip rockers. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold with Holly 750 carb. MSD 6AL ignition and distributor/coil. Long tube headers through 2.75” exhaust into Flowmaster mufflers. The car has not been on a dyno but I would guess between 475-500hp. Tons of new parts to include brand new Cooper Cobra tires (less than 100 miles), chrome alternator, chrome water pump, power steering pump, master cylinder, brake rotors, brake pads, wheel bearings, shocks & struts (big block springs in the front), new leaf springs, polished aluminum pulleys in the engine bay and new belts. New radiator with Dewitt Dual Electric cooling fans installed. All new fluids (Amsoil Zrod 20w50 engine oil, Amsoil MTF transmission fluid, Redline 75w90 rear axle fluid). Kenwood CD player & 1000w amp with dual 6x9s and dual 8” subs. The seats in the car are from a 1980 corvette, however I am including a set of 1972 seats with the car that are in excellent condition. They do not match the interior color in the car, so new covers would need to be bought (Al Knoch interiors has the correct vinyl/leather color). Car was frame off restored in 1984. No known rust. Also including a very nice car cover.

I would rate the paint at a 9/10. There are a few imperfections but it is a gorgeous metallic blue. Interior I would rate an 8.5/10. All chrome is in excellent condition. The rocker panels have been polished and trim strip painted, no scratches.

The negatives, the car does have a rebuilt title. It was involved in a minor accident in 1984. The car rear ended a truck going about 25mph. This resulted in having to replace the front end fiberglass, bumpers & lights, plus hood. No frame damage. The repairs were a bit over $3000 and the book value of about $4800 so the insurance just totaled it. All parts were replaced with new OEM parts. Do not let the title status deter you; this car has been driven for 31+ years with no issues. The other negative, is the windshield wipers do not work. It could be a vacuum hose issue or actuators. I never bothered to fix them as the car has not seen the rain.

Car is located in Northwest AR, if interested please PM me through here. $19K or trade for C5 Z06 (can add $$). Car is awesome, but I want to get a C5 Z06.

Could not see pics on photobucket. Could you send pics of engine and interior to [email]ayesijuan@gmail.com
Thanks

Last edited by ayesijuan; 03-26-2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: wrong email
Old 03-27-2015, 04:19 PM
-sinner-
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If only

Name:  IMG_0904.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  1.05 MB
Originally Posted by flyinrazrback
About my car, it is a non-matching car, originally a small block car with automatic transmission. It now has a 454 and Doug Nash 5 speed transmission with a Long Shifter and 3.36 rear axle. The engine and transmission have less than 3600 miles on them, as well as the rear end gears. The engine is bored over .030 with forged pistons, hydraulic tappet cam with about 550 lift. Stock cylinder heads that have mild porting and larger intake/exhaust valves installed roller tip rockers. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold with Holly 750 carb. MSD 6AL ignition and distributor/coil. Long tube headers through 2.75” exhaust into Flowmaster mufflers. The car has not been on a dyno but I would guess between 475-500hp. Tons of new parts to include brand new Cooper Cobra tires (less than 100 miles), chrome alternator, chrome water pump, power steering pump, master cylinder, brake rotors, brake pads, wheel bearings, shocks & struts (big block springs in the front), new leaf springs, polished aluminum pulleys in the engine bay and new belts. New radiator with Dewitt Dual Electric cooling fans installed. New Optima Red Top Battery (Oct 2014) All new fluids (Amsoil Zrod 20w50 engine oil, Amsoil MTF transmission fluid, Redline 75w90 rear axle fluid). Kenwood CD player & 1000w amp with dual 6x9s and dual 8” subs. The seats in the car are from a 1980 corvette, however I am including a set of 1972 seats with the car that are in excellent condition. They do not match the interior color in the car, so new covers would need to be bought (Al Knoch interiors has the correct vinyl/leather color). Car was frame off restored in 1984. No known rust. Also including a very nice car cover.

If only it were a 'Vert (in Daytona Yellow), I would trade you my '02 Z06 . . .
Old 03-28-2015, 09:59 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,492 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Very nice looking car. A big block, 5 speed, and 3:36 makes for a fun driver. Great colors!
Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:20 AM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really liked this car the first time you posted it, and still think it's killer. I've been focused on getting a Mulsanne Blue/bright blue '70 or a Medium Blue/Silver leather '74, so the color combo on yours obviously grabs my attention. Looks like a great car to drive and enjoy. Need to wrestle with my stock/purist side a bit.... How long have you owned and enjoyed it?

Terry
Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 PM
flyinrazrback
Racer

Car is sold pending pickup.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Congratulations on the sale, looks like someone is going to be very excited!

Get notified of new replies

To FS/FT: 72 Coupe

Old 04-03-2015, 11:25 AM
ayesijuan
Advanced

Default My Dream Come True

Originally Posted by Brandons72vette
Congratulations on the sale, looks like someone is going to be very excited!
Yes, I am! This is my dream come true, I have wanted a 68-72 Corvette since I was in high school. Had to sell my '49 Chevy Hotrod truck that my dad and I built to get it but this one exceeds my expectations and I haven't even drove it yet but if you read the description and look at the pics this beauty is like brand new! I had several 68s on the hook which you guys helped me out with questions and one of you pointed me in the direction of the "for sale" section here and I am very glad. I am also glad that the 68s fell thru cuz I know I would never be as happy with them as I will be with this one.

What's really killing me is having to wait till next week to pick it up dang it!

I will keep you posted on how it drives and runs and the blast I will be having with it!

Ayesijuan
Old 04-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ayesijuan
Yes, I am! This is my dream come true, I have wanted a 68-72 Corvette since I was in high school. Had to sell my '49 Chevy Hotrod truck that my dad and I built to get it but this one exceeds my expectations and I haven't even drove it yet but if you read the description and look at the pics this beauty is like brand new! I had several 68s on the hook which you guys helped me out with questions and one of you pointed me in the direction of the "for sale" section here and I am very glad. I am also glad that the 68s fell thru cuz I know I would never be as happy with them as I will be with this one.

What's really killing me is having to wait till next week to pick it up dang it!

I will keep you posted on how it drives and runs and the blast I will be having with it!

Ayesijuan

Well congratulations!

I remember the posts, responded to a few of them.

that this one looks better than those you were looking at.

By the way, '72's are unbelievably awesome! I LOVE my '72, drove it before high school, through high school, college, and still own it.

Glad you got to get your dream Vette!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:55 AM
ayesijuan
Advanced

Default She's mine now

Holy Crap! This thing is scary fast! I Love it! She is just as beautiful up close as it looks in the pictures. And loud! Wow, when I got her home and fired her up to get her off the trailer my neighbor came out (I was on the other side of my house furthest from his) and he has a very loud Harley. I told him I think I beat out his harley for loudness and he said I can be the mean guy now waking every one and setting off car alarms
Even my wife says it's beautiful and she doesn't normally care about cars, now she wants me to teach her to drive a stick.

Thank you flyinrazrback for making my 40 years-in-the-making dream come true.

Ayesijuan

Quick Reply: FS/FT: 72 Coupe