Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTT: '96 LT4 CE in SoCal For A Rough C3

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:08 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 316 Posts

Default WTT: '96 LT4 CE in SoCal For A Rough C3

I have a super clean 1996 Collector Edition LT4 / 6 speed car with 86K miles in like new condition. Meticulous service records, all original except HIDs and Dr ZF shifter (tight positive shifts).

This car is too nice for me! I live on a dirt road and stay busy remodeling my house, building a garage and other stuff. The only time I drive this car is an occasional blast on back country roads or road trip. Last time out was last Thanksgiving drive to AZ and back.

I would like to trade for a rough to fair condition C3, prefer 72 or older but will look at any year, 4 speed car. Could be a project but obviously prefer a runner. Willing to trade even, down with cash or up with a little cash thrown in. I have my car advertised for $14K but will deal for the right car. Will also consider trades of car of lesser value plus something of interest (truck, Jeep, motorcycle, hot rod, boat, etc).

This car just sits in my garage and would like to get something that I can just jump in and hammer around without worrying about it.

More photos available on request. For some reason I can only upload a few at a time.
Attached Images    
Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 PM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've owned an identical LT4 CE since 2000. 36k on it now. A blast to drive locally and on long road trips. Hope you get a good C3 trade for it.
Terry
Old 04-21-2015, 04:33 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Any interest in a 1979 Camaro? Ill post a link to my CL ad below:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/4988535920.html
Old 04-21-2015, 06:04 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chstitans42
Any interest in a 1979 Camaro? Ill post a link to my CL ad below:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/4988535920.html
If it was a stick shift car I'd have more interest in it. Wish you had gone with a bit more motor as 195HP crate motor is not going to give me a lot of thrills.

Other than that, it is something I'd consider for the right deal. As it is now though, I'd have to figure in a stick shift conversion and significant engine mods or a different engine all together. Not sure if worth the effort.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:21 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

If you want to talk about it, I can throw some $ in with the deal. Feel free to call or text me at 469-258-6187.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Havenmess
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiliPepperGarage
I have a super clean 1996 Collector Edition LT4 / 6 speed car with 86K miles in like new condition. Meticulous service records, all original except HIDs and Dr ZF shifter (tight positive shifts).

This car is too nice for me! I live on a dirt road and stay busy remodeling my house, building a garage and other stuff. The only time I drive this car is an occasional blast on back country roads or road trip. Last time out was last Thanksgiving drive to AZ and back.

I would like to trade for a rough to fair condition C3, prefer 72 or older but will look at any year, 4 speed car. Could be a project but obviously prefer a runner. Willing to trade even, down with cash or up with a little cash thrown in. I have my car advertised for $14K but will deal for the right car. Will also consider trades of car of lesser value plus something of interest (truck, Jeep, motorcycle, hot rod, boat, etc).

This car just sits in my garage and would like to get something that I can just jump in and hammer around without worrying about it.

More photos available on request. For some reason I can only upload a few at a time.
I don't know if this is in your wheel house, but I have an 1981, fantastic shape. Engine was rebuilt in 2009, most everything was up dated at that time. Check out my ad: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...983395337.html
Old 04-22-2015, 08:48 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Havenmess
I don't know if this is in your wheel house, but I have an 1981, fantastic shape. Engine was rebuilt in 2009, most everything was up dated at that time. Check out my ad: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...983395337.html
That is a nice clean car. Coincidentally, I had an '81 4 speed car back in 1988 when I first moved to CA. It was a 30K mile car in like new condition and was my daily driver. I lived in Ventura and had about a 30 minute commute down the 101 / Ventura freeway along the coast to Westlake Village. Life was good!

Yours may be a little too nice though. What does the a/c need to be fixed (Need a/c in SoCal!)? How's it run with mild cam in stock motor? My LT4 is pretty strong and '81's were pretty weak in stock form.

I'd be interested though. Might be a nice road trip to drive my car up to MN and drive your back. Or we could meet mod way somewhere and both get in a Corvette road trip!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:10 PM
La1000
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an excellent condition 1979 C3 that I've had for sale for a while. It's an automatic and all stock, but it is a beautiful car. I'm looking to sell it to replace it with an C4. Let me know if interested and I can give you all the details.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by La1000
I have an excellent condition 1979 C3 that I've had for sale for a while. It's an automatic and all stock, but it is a beautiful car. I'm looking to sell it to replace it with an C4. Let me know if interested and I can give you all the details.
Thanks but would prefer a 4 speed car.

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: '96 LT4 CE in SoCal For A Rough C3

Quick Reply: WTT: '96 LT4 CE in SoCal For A Rough C3