Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1979 L82 New engine, steering, suspension & more (IA) - $11,900

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 10:40 AM
IA_Stingray
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sold

SOLD to non-forum member

I started out a $19,900 on this and I'm down to my final number at $11,900. I've got 25k invested in this in the past thirteen months. I bought a Hellcat so this Corvette rarely gets driven and my wife wants her side of the garage back. This car has a ton of power with 420 HP/450 ft/lbs and sounds like a bada$$ car. I get tons of compliments on it.

Please note that the attached pictures are from before the suspension started to settle. One of them is with the original wheels and tires as well. It doesn't sit so high in the front end now. I bought this car in 2014 and invested a ton of money in it, thinking I'd have it for many years but now I have a new toy, so I'm taking a loss on the Corvette. I believe I've taken care of all the important items.
101,xxx miles
Paint is not perfect but looks better than almost all the other C3's I looked at last year.
No rust underneath. Very clean!
Interior is not perfect but, again, better than almost all the others I looked at when I was shopping for one.
Good T-Tops with carrying case

Here are the new parts I put on it. Everything is fresh, with about 600 miles since the install.
Blueprint engines motor BP3834CTC1 but with the upgraded roller rockers. Came with 30 month or 50,000 mile warranty
Rebuilt automatic transmission
Rebuilt rear end
DeWitts Radiator - Cost about $1,000 - part number 4139077A - Engine will never overheat!
Hi-Torque mini starter
Rebuilt alternator
Hooker headers - full-length ceramic coated
Full exhaust including Magnaflow hide-away mufflers
Front coil springs and insulators
Edelbrock Performer Series Street Fuel Pump
Wheel spinner kit
Corvette logo valve stem caps
Borgeson Power Steering Pump and Conversion Kit. I learned the hard way that the factory setup is prone to leaking and other issues.
New brake master cylinder
Front Spreader bar
Completely new A/C system, including compressor, accumulator, lines etc.
New heater core
Spark Plugs NGK-7405
Harmonic Balancer
Torque Converter - 2300-2600 Stall
Flexplate
Spark Plug Wires - Moroso
New bushings throughout most of the car. Some rubber and some poly.
New Reproduction Wheels. They look just like the factory wheels but are chrome. I also still have the factory wheels.
New Mickey Thompson tires - all four
Bilstein Shocks - HD fronts
Bilstein Shocks - Rears
Rear Leaf Monospring - Composite Fiberglass 340lb
Brake Pads & rebuilt one or two of the calipers
U-Joints
Tie Rods
Idler Arm
Ball Joints
Motor Mounts
Stereo - When I got the car someone had put a crappy CD player in it. I replaced it with a Retrosound Model Two Digital media receiver. It looks factory and is what a lot of people put in classic cars.

I know there are other items that I replaced but the list above is from the receipts I could find.

The stuff I can think of that it needs...
The passenger side mirror is a little loose. Need to pull door panel and tighten bolts.
The antennae is broken. I bought a replacement but haven't installed it.
Needs new turn signal switch. It is loose. You have to hold it to signal left. Right works fine.
Needs some part installed to correct the speedometer. I can't remember what my mechanic called it.
Attached Images       

Last edited by IA_Stingray; 06-10-2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 06-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Mikeski
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Great vette and great price. With the new engine does the headlite vacuum system still operate? What is gearing on the car? With the 3sp automatic what is the rpm at 70 mph?
Old 06-07-2015, 09:49 PM
IA_Stingray
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeski
Great vette and great price. With the new engine does the headlite vacuum system still operate? What is gearing on the car? With the 3sp automatic what is the rpm at 70 mph?
Yes, the headlights both operate properly. I can't remember the gearing but I can look it up tomorrow. 70mph is about 2700 rpm.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1979 L82 New engine, steering, suspension & more (IA) - $11,900

Quick Reply: FS: 1979 L82 New engine, steering, suspension & more (IA) - $11,900