Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD [WI] 1982 Coupe Red/Red $8,499

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 PM
dspete05
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD [WI] 1982 Coupe Red/Red $8,499

I have a 1982 Corvette coupe for sale, with 58,422 miles as of now. It is red w/red interior. Glass T-Tops. 350ci w/crossfire fuel injection and 4spd automatic. I have owned the car for 11 years and have fixed many things in that time. I will list as many things as I can remember and let you know what else it needs.

Since I have owned it, I have replaced:

*Radiator, radiator cap, radiator hoses, thermostat, fan clutch, coolant and all drive belts.
*The A/C is converted over to R134a and has a new compressor and accumulator, blows cold.
*New alternator and Interstate battery.
*New double platinum spark plugs, Accel plug wires, cap, rotor, coil and ignition module, fuel filter and K&N air filters
*Replaced intake gaskets, valve seals, valve cover gaskets and oil pan gasket.
*Except for the steel brake lines on the body, the entire brake system has been replaced. Includes, new master cylinder, all 4 brake calipers, stainless steel brake hoses, drilled and slotted rotors and pads. Entire system was flushed with new fluid.
*New front wheel bearings and seals.
*New driveshaft u-joints.
*New differential, has been broken in and replaced fluid with Amsoil 75w-90 synthetic gear lube and slip-lock additive.
*Both rear trailing arms have been completely rebuilt by Corvette Central and had alignment performed.
*Installed Smart Struts from Corvette Central, so you can adjust rear camber.
*New u-joints in rear axle shafts.
*New Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks al around.
*I installed a B&M shift improver kit, Stage 1 Heavy Duty, in transmission to firm up the shifts.
*New Pioneer stereo and speakers with rear speaker box, Monster speaker wiring.
*Windows have been professionally tinted darker then legal, in WI anyway.

Now for the things that don't work or still need some TLC.

*The drivers side headlamp door comes up slow or needs help at times.
*The cruise doesn't work.
*Horn don't work.
*The power door locks don't work.
*The wipers only work on one speed.
*The drivers power seat goes forward and back, but doesn't always go up and down.
*Don't know if rear defrost works, never needed it and is covered with tint now.
*Tire tread is ok, but has some cupping
*Interior lights don't come on when opening doors, but work with light switch.
*Seals on the side of transmission leak due to age. Only fluid leaks on vehicle.
*As far as I know paint is original, it's decent, but not perfect.
*Interior is nice and clean, but also not perfect.
*I took the A.I.R. pump off because the A.I.R. tubes on the exhaust manifold were rusted. I still have the pump.
*Drivers side outside mirror doesn't work, passenger side only moves side to side.
*Needs to have body/door seals replaced, have seal kit, but haven't taken time to install them.

That's all I can think of good or bad. If you have any questions or want different pictures of something, please call/text me at 715-505-2235 or e-mail me at dspeterson69@hotmail.com. I will return all correspondence as soon as possible. I'm asking $8,499 OBO. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by dspete05; 06-15-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:49 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,435 Likes on 779 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Appears to be a decent car from the pics and description. I've owned two 82's and would look at this one if it weren't so far away. Some of your non-working items aren't that hard or expensive to repair. I went through a lot of those issues with my last 82. I did notice your wheel centre caps are 80/81 style. The 82 had silver centres with the 82 unique crossed flags.

Best of luck with the sale.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 PM
dspete05
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Appears to be a decent car from the pics and description. I've owned two 82's and would look at this one if it weren't so far away. Some of your non-working items aren't that hard or expensive to repair. I went through a lot of those issues with my last 82. I did notice your wheel centre caps are 80/81 style. The 82 had silver centres with the 82 unique crossed flags.

Best of luck with the sale.
The center caps are what came on it when I bought it used. I guess unless someone was looking to restore it, it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,435 Likes on 779 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by dspete05
The center caps are what came on it when I bought it used. I guess unless someone was looking to restore it, it shouldn't be an issue.
It happens quite often and shouldn't be a deal breaker for most people. My last 82 had the same caps you have. The 82 caps are harder to find and usually cost more. I was lucky as a friend of mine in Phoenix was able to locate a new set for me.

Again, nice car and priced to sell.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:14 PM
dspete05
5th Gear

Thank you to all who checked this out, but it has been sold.

Get notified of new replies

To SOLD [WI] 1982 Coupe Red/Red $8,499

Quick Reply: SOLD [WI] 1982 Coupe Red/Red $8,499