Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 L48 1979 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 05:06 PM
jchurt
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C3 L48 1979 Corvette

i inherited a 1979 L48 automatic T-top, the car does run although its not driven very often. the car was actually not running for a while until i took it to a corvette mechanic who really seemed to know what they were doing. the car is a baby blue. with a faded dark blue oyster interior that is not in the best condition. it has electric package with electric locks and power windows. The worst problem i had was that for some reason it would kill the battery really fast, i went through two brand new batteries! some of the gauges don't work but i not think that is too much of a problem. the car has been a nightmare and has left me in the road a few times, having to tow it back home and figure out what happened. after the third time i finally took it to a corvette shop to get it checked out. after taking it to the corvette mechanic he seemed to get everything going and the car was running nice and healthy. I haven't had the battery problem since and would start up first try. due to my bad experiences with the car i don't trust this car too much, but the mechanic seemed to be really confident that it was a nice healthy corvette and was in good condition for its age. i just can't seem to understand how after my experiences. although it does run i did replace some parts but nothing major it doesn't have tags due to the fact that it hasn't been taken to get a smog check. but the mechanic had told me the car should pass it no problem. asking $6,500
Attached Images     

Last edited by jchurt; 06-24-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:42 PM
URUSAINA
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Where in California.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:52 PM
jchurt
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by URUSAINA
Where in California.
Cerritos, Ca
Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Do you still have this vehicle? I am looking for a C3 project and keep coming back to this one. One reason, it is in LA and not too far from shipping company.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 L48 1979 Corvette

Quick Reply: C3 L48 1979 Corvette