Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built 81 Corvette 406 sbc, sell or trade, Springfield, OH $9500 obo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:03 AM
vetteman87j
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Built 81 Corvette 406 sbc, sell or trade, Springfield, OH $9500 obo

Here's a video of the car

Hello. I'm looking to either sell, or trade my Corvette. I have two 1981 Corvettes, and the other one is my very first Corvette, so, it's not going anywhere. I would like to trade for a different Corvette, preferably another c3 Corvette of equal value, or a higher mileage C5 Corvette. I will also look at other vehicles, like 60s to early 70s Mustangs, 05 to 09 Mustang GT, Camaros, Trans Ams, Ford Lightning, Dodge Ram Daytona or Rumble Bee trucks, Lamborghini kit cars, 04 and up GTO, a Chevelle, El Camino, just let me know what you have. I will only trade for classic, or specialty cars, as my collector car insurance is relatively cheap, and I can't insure a regular vehicle with them. Now, on to the car.

I'll go ahead and get the tire kickers out of the way. This is not a perfect car at all. It's a 10 foot car. It is very photogenic, but when you get close to it, you see paint flaws. The interior lights don't work, the headlights do not raise up by themselves, either due to a vacuum leak, or a lack of vacuum pull from the high performance motor, the interior lights do not work, and neither do the power locks. Now, on to the good stuff.

This car has quite a bit more power than your typical C3 Corvette (motor details below). It's estimated to be around 375hp to the wheels. The car does well in stop-and-go traffic, does not overheat, and is surprisingly a nice driver. It has been lowered 2 inches, and a previous owner did install the $1,800 opening rear window. (I never realized how nice this is until this car came along.)

Here are some details about the car

400 sbc bored .30 over to 406
Block has been zero decked
Double roller timing chain
mild cam
66 327 double hump 202/160 ported and polished heads
stainless steel valves
Crower valve springs
Screw in rocker studs
Pushrod guide plates
Roller tip rockers
65cc combustion chamber
11.5 to 1 compresseion
Ported and polished single plain, low rise torker Edelbrock intake
160 thermostat
Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb
2400 stall converter (looks to be rebuilt transmission)
Aluminum radiator
Upgraded cooling fan (this car does not overheat)
Recent brake job
LED back up lights

This car will flat out go. If you're looking for a restoration project with all of the hard work done, or just a Corvette you can have a lot of fun with, this is the car for you. If you're looking for a Corvette to take top prize at a show, you may want to move on. If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

Quick Reply: Built 81 Corvette 406 sbc, sell or trade, Springfield, OH $9500 obo