Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 built BB, numbers matching, L88 performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 02:21 AM
sbaba
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

What's the original color of the car? LeMans blue was available in 68 and 69 but not 70.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
TheycallmeDave (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 01:23 PM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbaba
What's the original color of the car? LeMans blue was available in 68 and 69 but not 70.

Thanks.
Original color was Mulsanne BLue but when it needed repainting, I decided on Lemans Blue since it doesn't have any green in it. It was repainted by an expert retired Buick dealership Painter friend of mine. He cut no corners. The only body work that was required were spider webs on top of both front fenders.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:33 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by TheycallmeDave
Original color was Mulsanne BLue but when it needed repainting, I decided on Lemans Blue since it doesn't have any green in it. It was repainted by an expert retired Buick dealership Painter friend of mine. He cut no corners. The only body work that was required were spider webs on top of both front fenders.
I never knew they were different colors. I am not a painter/body guy but I was told by someone who is that they were the same.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Originally Posted by ed427vette
I never knew they were different colors. I am not a painter/body guy but I was told by someone who is that they were the same.
Mulsane Blue has some green in it . I preferred the Lemans Blue cause its brighter and pure blue.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:32 AM
Fly2LoW
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If still for sale, what's the asking price now? Thanks.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:57 AM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Originally Posted by Fly2LoW
If still for sale, what's the asking price now? Thanks.
Still for sale, but at $38 K. I was utterly low at $32 k after I researched it more. NADA's lowest retail price in just average condition is at $32 k --- mine is a solid #2 condition inside and out with some expensive add ons for performance while still not changing the matching numbers. Ill keep it and enjoy it if it doesn't sell for $38 k. Thanks for asking. Dave. N.W. Florida near Pensacola.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Bry
Heel & Toe

Default 70-Corvette

Hi Dave
I was interested in your 70-corvette, I it is still available?
Can you provide pictures on the front fenders of the cracks?
How are the seats? I noticed they have covers over them.
Thanks in adavnce
Bry

Originally Posted by TheycallmeDave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3e_...AkV5MJP4wZNl8V

Frame up restoration . 72,000 miles.

468 cid, 540+ hp , 600 tq , M21 , 336:1 rear , Hooker Headers --- coated , Mighty Demon 800 cfm carb with mech secs and annular boosters for maximized low end torque , Dual plane AirGap Intake , Edlebrock alum. round port Heads . ALL FORGED INTERNALS : Lunati Hyd. Roller Cam 232/242 dur. , .553 lift , 112 lsa , roller rockers, 9.5 CR Premium gas, MSD6AL Ignition Box, twin electric fans with override , Dewitt BB 3 row radiator , hidden electric fuel pump anti-theft kill switch inside , 255/60R15's Tires with RWL's nearly new , always ran synthetic fluids , engine rebuilt by a Corvette Mechanic in Illinois (can furnish his name and phone number) , every receipt kept since I bought it in 1997 . Distributor removed by an expert Tuner and re-did the curve for maximized low end torque which I swear added an additional 50+ h.p. (18 degrees initial...all in by 3,000 rpm --42 degrees total . The engine loves it . No detenation on 91 octane. I use 93 octane only) , repainted Lemans Blue by retired Buick dealership auto Painter , SOLID #2 condition thruout , very minor spider web cracks over front fenders , new within the last 2 years : Vintage A/C , power steering pump, SS brakes . Runs perfectly --- an absolute screamer .

Carb has no choke so you have to let it warm up for 2-3 min.

Ive done much of the restoration myself and did it right. No Mickey Mousing !

Ive driven it about 2000 miles , or less, each year . Stored inside. Babied . Trophy winner at 8 car shows...mostly 1st place. Trophies go with the car , several service manuals , some additional parts , the original factory Heads / exhaust manifolds / water pump included.

Will consider a Trade for a supercharged Corvette of any year.

Car located in N.W. Florida in the Panhandle.. approx. 1 hour east of Pensacola, Fl. close to I-10 .

Serious inquiries only please. I don't have to sell the car for money .... Im wanting to get back into a C6 Vette if possible. If not, then no problem . Regards, Dave.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

PM Sent
Old 12-04-2015, 12:37 PM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Originally Posted by Bry
Hi Dave
I was interested in your 70-corvette, I it is still available?
Can you provide pictures on the front fenders of the cracks?
How are the seats? I noticed they have covers over them.
Thanks in adavnce
Bry
The seat are in top shape...about 7 years old and not used much.
The selling price is around $38k . Lots of extras on the car.... a nice frame up restoration . Have won 7 trophies with it at local car shows . Needs replacement carpeting as the present has ground in dirt. Cant think of anything it truly needs . Brand new 750 Mighty Demon mech secs. Carb is going on it next week ; double pumper annular boosters for maximized low end torque. Dave.

Quick Reply: 1970 built BB, numbers matching, L88 performance