Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1981 C3 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:34 PM
apd628
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 c3 383 Stroker Xtra Clean

I am selling my 1981 C3 Corvette. It is showing 27,120 miles, but I am sure it has rolled around once already. It was sold in 1981 at Vandergfriff Chevrolet in Arlington, Texas. The VIN number shows it was built in St. Louis, the last six numbers of VIN are 410562. I am the fifth owner of the car. I have the build sheet. The small rust issues were addressed on both frame rails, at rear wheel wells. Got it stopped, with wire wheel and paint. It is a Texas car since built and is now. The car is located in Cleburne, Texas.
Paint- 3 Stage Silver Pearl/White, I clay bar, buff i with light grit compound, Carnuba Wax and buff it, and finish it with mirror glaze and buff. I keep it clean with detailing spray. As a result, it has a mirror finish. Never in the rain and never washed with water.
Interior- New Blue Leather
Tops- Mirror Finish/bronze glass tops. New weather seals and just a few minor scratches on the glass. I treat them just like the painted surfaces, they look great.
Engine- It is a matching number engine. I run Castrol 10w-30w full synthetic with a helping of Lucas Oil stabilizer. No consumption between 5,000 mile changes. I use a NAPA Gold (Wix) Filter.
The engine has been bored and stroked to 383 cubic inches. It is running a hydraulic roller cam, rockers and lifters. The intake manifold is an Edelbrock Dominator and the carb is an Edelbrock 750. It is running Hooker long tube headers back to two Magnaflow mufflers. It is cooled by the stock clutch fan and a cross flow aluminum radiator with the auxiliary fan.
Transmission-Turbo 350 with a shift kit and a 2500 RPM stall speed. I run Amsoil Synthetic ATF
Driveshaft-New U Joints
Rear Half Shaft Axles- New U Joints
Differential- 3.55 Positrac, new rear bearings, and trailing arm bushings
Wheels-Factory Slotted Aluminum
Tires- BF Goodrich 2.55R 60-15's, original factory spare, never on the ground.
Power Steering-New
Steering Box- New
Rag Joint-New
Shocks-KYB
Brakes- New
Glass- All good, no cracks power windows work
Lights- All interior and exterior lights work.
Horn-Works
Cruise Control- Never use one, all parts there, does not work.
Windshield Washer-Works
Wipers- Work, new blades
Power Door Locks- Do not Work

In summary, the car is reliable, rides good, and runs way better than a stock 81. The car is a driver, and has a small amount of road rash.
I keep the undercarriage of the car as clean as the exterior.
Reason for selling is that I have broken my back twice (motorcycles) and it is difficult for me at my age (66) to get into and out of.
Sale Price- $18,500 OBO Interesting trades considered
Tim 817-713-2103
Attached Images       

Last edited by apd628; 09-10-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add more photos and edit text

Quick Reply: 1981 C3 For Sale