Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost interest - 1973 Corvette Convertible $15000

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:44 PM
S**ttersFull
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lost interest - 1973 Corvette Convertible $15000

I was looking for a corvette I could fix up to exactly how I wanted. Sadly the more money I spend on the car the more sacrifices in that I must make and I've realized I've sunk $16,000+ into a vehicle thats not what I envisioned.

Paid $8800 for this matching numbers 73 Convertible.
Original engine is in a crate, new vortec 350 was professionally installed along with auto 450 trans being rebuilt. Has new hooker long tube headers, mild cam, new side pipes. New Convo Pro Wheels/Tires(cost me nearly $2000). New Radiator and nearly new softtop, new battery and complete fluid change. New front brakes. This corvette has fair rust, it's certainly in good enough shape to drive and the birdcage is in decent shape. Working AC and original radio.

Basically the hard stuffs been done. Now it just needs the cosmetics. It needs a paint job, it needs the interior redone.

It will come with a brand new stinger hood(not installed yet, original hood still on car), front nose bumper and brand new carpet for the interior.

Basically I was told by my family friend mechanic one month to get this done.. its now 4 and after all this money sunk into it I've lost any excitement I had and just want it gone. I've driven it a total of ZERO times(he and the car are 4 hours away in rutherfordton nc) and I'm just ready to buy a car thats already done the way I want it done.. Nothing wrong with this one other than every dollar more I've paid to upgrade it is one more point to me having nothing but hate and contempt for it. Hard part is done.. You'll be getting a clean titled car for a lot less than I have into it.

$15,000
Feel free to visit the car in Rutherfordton NC and take it for a spin and check it over. I take cash only or if we do a loan I wait until the money clears into my account. Picture is from when I first got the vehicle.. Frankly being 4 hours away(Im near raleigh) I have not had a chance to take more pictures.

This was my first and after this only corvette I'll have. Please help me get it away from here

Last edited by S**ttersFull; 09-14-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:56 PM
CiCiC3
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by S**ttersFull
I was looking for a corvette I could fix up to exactly how I wanted. Sadly the more money I spend on the car the more sacrifices in that I must make and I've realized I've sunk $16,000+ into a vehicle thats not what I envisioned.

Paid $8800 for this matching numbers 73 Convertible.
Original engine is in a crate, new vortec 350 was professionally installed along with auto 450 trans being rebuilt. Has new hooker long tube headers, mild cam, new side pipes. New Convo Pro Wheels/Tires(cost me nearly $2000). New Radiator and nearly new softtop, new battery and complete fluid change. New front brakes. This corvette has fair rust, it's certainly in good enough shape to drive and the birdcage is in decent shape. Working AC and original radio.

Basically the hard stuffs been done. Now it just needs the cosmetics. It needs a paint job, it needs the interior redone.

It will come with a brand new stinger hood(not installed yet, original hood still on car), front nose bumper and brand new carpet for the interior.

Basically I was told by my family friend mechanic one month to get this done.. its now 4 and after all this money sunk into it I've lost any excitement I had and just want it gone. I've driven it a total of ZERO times(he and the car are 4 hours away in rutherfordton nc) and I'm just ready to buy a car thats already done the way I want it done.. Nothing wrong with this one other than every dollar more I've paid to upgrade it is one more point to me having nothing but hate and contempt for it. Hard part is done.. You'll be getting a clean titled car for a lot less than I have into it.

$15,000
Feel free to visit the car in Rutherfordton NC and take it for a spin and check it over. I take cash only or if we do a loan I wait until the money clears into my account. Picture is from when I first got the vehicle.. Frankly being 4 hours away(Im near raleigh) I have not had a chance to take more pictures.

This was my first and after this only corvette I'll have. Please help me get it away from here
I hear you, I have a '74 that I really need to think twice before I spend money on because you just can't get it back like you can with a C2 or C1. If you were to complete the job I think you could ask high dollar and get it but would still be under your total investment. I think adding a lot of after-market improvements will not add to the value at all. I drive mine, keep it nice as I can and do enjoy it a lot but refrain from making huge investments on it. Sorry don't mean to waste your time but had to comment.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 PM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Sadly this is a story too often repeated. These are great cars but require patience, skill, and money. I hope you have good luck with the sale. I would recommend some more pictures in its current configuration. Also try to look at the positives with the car. It sounds like you've done quite a bit already. One of my favorite Vettes that I have owned was a 73 convertible.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:37 PM
S**ttersFull
Instructor

I sadly may just have to finish it to sell :/
Which sucks because thats the reason I want to sell it.

Someone posted a beautiful red 78 I'd have grabbed but alas.. stuck with this sucker.
I've slowly replaced everything on the darn car!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:46 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

You are not alone my man, I had a 1976 for 15 years and was slowly fixing up, but I too came to a conclusion that I was putting money into a car that won't appreciate in value till I'm long gone, every spring something else needed fixed/replaced, I sold it and bought a C6. All the frustration is gone, I have a good stereo, air conditioning, awesome ride and reliable. I miss it but have no regrets. I wish I had.lots of money so i could have fixed it and kept it.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:27 PM
S**ttersFull
Instructor

Withdrawn for now. it may go back on the market. But I'd like to get it repainted and restored as much as possible before I finish making up my mind.. Car runs fantastic which is what's keeping me from going ahead of putting it up for sale at the moment.

Get notified of new replies

To Lost interest - 1973 Corvette Convertible $15000

Quick Reply: Lost interest - 1973 Corvette Convertible $15000