Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(NJ) 1972 Coupe FS 350 4spd project

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 02:40 PM
paul1972
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (NJ) 1972 Coupe FS 350 4spd project

Selling my 1972 350 4spd Coupe project car. Steel Cities Gray, Black interior, AC, manual windows. I have owned car for about 3 1/2 years and will no longer have the storage for this car.
Motor and trans were rebuilt by previous owner. Block was decked so the vin number is gone, Non matching number car.
Rebuilt entire suspension in past year as follows:

Front end: lower/upper control arms sandblasted/painted/new
bushings and ball joints
New front springs(460lb Grand Touring), new Wildwood rotors, Timken bearings, Calipers rebuilt with o ring seals, new brake disc shields, new 15/16 F40 sway bar. Borgenson Steering box conversion, Koni Shocks

Rear: Trailing arms sandblasted, painted, new bushings, Bearing assemblies rebuilt by Van Steel, Rear disassembled, new seals( felt it did not need rebuild), leaf spring sandblasted/painted/new liners, new 7/8 rear sway bar, koni shocks, half shafts/sandblasted,/painted/new u-joints, new rotor(from van steel no name) new s.s. parking brake components.
Stainless steel brake lines, stainless braided brake hoses, remanufactured power booster, new master cylinder, silicon brake fluid, and speed bleeders on all calipers.
New Coffman radiator support, newer radiator(previous owner) new gas tank, new fuel lines (used aeroquip socketless hoses) Newer tires, no rally caps or rings, exhaust was new from previous owner.
Motor has a edelbrock streetmaster manifold with Holley carb, Hei distributor with mechanical tach drive.
Car needs body work and interior work. It also needs a wheel alignment on all four tires and the car needs to be gone over before driving. I have a new set of L88 FIA head light kit, front and rear wiring harness in bags. I have all the parts for car that are off and a extra differential out of a 1968. I am looking for $ 9,000, negotiable to a point, I am sure i am forgetting something so please ask. Paul 973 220 3890 Text or Call
Car is located in Northern NJ 07403. Thanks
Attached Images          
Old 02-08-2016, 07:39 PM
69C3dreaming
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Paul, car still available? If so any windshield frame pictures and birdcage? Are the factory headlights included?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:20 AM
530planeman
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by paul1972
Selling my 1972 350 4spd Coupe project car. Steel Cities Gray, Black interior, AC, manual windows. I have owned car for about 3 1/2 years and will no longer have the storage for this car.
Motor and trans were rebuilt by previous owner. Block was decked so the vin number is gone, Non matching number car.
Rebuilt entire suspension in past year as follows:

Front end: lower/upper control arms sandblasted/painted/new
bushings and ball joints
New front springs(460lb Grand Touring), new Wildwood rotors, Timken bearings, Calipers rebuilt with o ring seals, new brake disc shields, new 15/16 F40 sway bar. Borgenson Steering box conversion, Koni Shocks

Rear: Trailing arms sandblasted, painted, new bushings, Bearing assemblies rebuilt by Van Steel, Rear disassembled, new seals( felt it did not need rebuild), leaf spring sandblasted/painted/new liners, new 7/8 rear sway bar, koni shocks, half shafts/sandblasted,/painted/new u-joints, new rotor(from van steel no name) new s.s. parking brake components.
Stainless steel brake lines, stainless braided brake hoses, remanufactured power booster, new master cylinder, silicon brake fluid, and speed bleeders on all calipers.
New Coffman radiator support, newer radiator(previous owner) new gas tank, new fuel lines (used aeroquip socketless hoses) Newer tires, no rally caps or rings, exhaust was new from previous owner.
Motor has a edelbrock streetmaster manifold with Holley carb, Hei distributor with mechanical tach drive.
Car needs body work and interior work. It also needs a wheel alignment on all four tires and the car needs to be gone over before driving. I have a new set of L88 FIA head light kit, front and rear wiring harness in bags. I have all the parts for car that are off and a extra differential out of a 1968. I am looking for $ 9,000, negotiable to a point, I am sure i am forgetting something so please ask. Paul 973 220 3890 Text or Call
Car is located in Northern NJ 07403. Thanks
Paul
What as the original color ?
Thaks
Wes
Old 02-10-2016, 05:16 AM
paul1972
Heel & Toe

Original color was Steel Cities Grey with black interior. Headlight buckets are on car, only hoses were removed. Everything else is there except carpet. I do not have the original air cleaner. I will see if I have any birdcage photos. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:16 PM
mpro71vette
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul,

At some point was the body off? How id the frame? the birdcage pics would be nice. When you disassembled did you take pics of everything? how far is it from running? Sorry for all the questions...
Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 PM
paul1972
Heel & Toe

The body was never pulled off frame. I cleaned the surface rust with wire wheel and grinder. I used Ospho to etch metal and Eastwood black frame paint. Anything that was removed was sandblasted, etched and painted with Eastwood Ceramic black. Frame looks really good and had no rot that I could see. The pics for windshield frame pics are blurry and I am going to get newer photos asap. *$ 8500 takes the car with everything I have for it. Car runs very well and needs a wheel alignment to be road worthy.
I do not have the rally wheel caps and trim rings.
Thanks Paul
Attached Images          
The following users liked this post:
69C3dreaming (02-14-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 06:46 PM
mpro71vette
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul,

These pics are good, it looks like some repair work was done on the birdcage? Is that just surface rust? You did some great work with everything else! How are the interior parts? Does it need vacuum hoses? I wish I could check it out in person but I live in FL. I don't want to run into any rust problems. Do you have a front shot? Any other opinions folks on this 72?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:31 PM
paul1972
Heel & Toe

The windshield frame pics are from last year. I never had the windshield out. It is surface rust with the passenger side being the worse. I really didn't see any repairs. I drove the car the car for 2 years before doing the suspension work and it drove very well. Here are some older pics.
I have the hoses, but all were dry and cracked. The lights never went up or down, neither did the wiper access door. The vacuum tank is there and looked very good, not rust. I removed exhaust manifolds, sandblasted, painted. new alternator, belts, hoses, all new e brake components. i have new seat belt braces for under floor board(not installed) I have center console, not installed. The passenger seat track looks pretty crusty, did not reinstall that seat. Have all interior trim, no carpet. Thanks Paul
Attached Images       
Old 02-17-2016, 10:53 AM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

1972's are the best! GLWS!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Looks like a great project.

Good price for a Chrome Bumper car!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:18 PM
paul1972
Heel & Toe

Well, since no one was really interested in the car I found a garage to store the car. Thanks to all who asked !

Get notified of new replies

To (NJ) 1972 Coupe FS 350 4spd project

Quick Reply: (NJ) 1972 Coupe FS 350 4spd project