Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 1981 corvette for sale red/red

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:00 AM
prophotodude
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1981 corvette for sale red/red

Selling my 1981 Chevrolet Corvette. Asking $18,500 or best, reasonable offer. It has 80,006 miles on it. No accidents ever! It has a red exterior on red leather interior, the most sought after color combo. This thing turns heads everywhere I go. THIS IS A NUMBERS MATCHING ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, CHASSIS CAR. The interior has brand new OEM door panels, leather seats, and carpeting. Optioned with power door locks, a six way power driver seat, removable glass roof panels, cruise control, factory aluminum wheels, an 8-track stereo and a power antenna. The interior boasts new seats, seat belts, carpeting, floor mats, door panels, sun visors, center console items, door lock *****, weather stripping and shows like new. The original 350 engine was rebuilt in 2011 at which time it was balanced and dyno tuned at 416 hp. During the rebuild all of the internals were replaced and it was upgraded with roller rockers, a .462 Comp Cam, Edelbrock E-64 heads, an Edelbrock single plane intake, a Pro Form 650 cfm 4 bbl carb, Tight Tuck headers and it sounds awesome ripping through its Magnaflow dual exhaust system. Other mechanical upgrades include a new distributor, new plug wires, a new water pump, a new radiator, new fuel pump hoses, a chrome air cleaner, a new heater control valve, a new master cylinder, new 85amp alternator, and a new drive belt. The factory a/c needs to be recharged, other than that everything is working as it should. The original transmission was rebuilt in the summer of 2015, I spent $1200 on that alone with new shift kit and 3500 stall. If you are looking for a turn key C3 that has been built for performance and reliability your search is over. I also installed a brand new sound system that cost over $1600. This includes: a new Alpine Head Unit with remote control, bluetooth, and CD player, new Alpine Type S 4x6 speakers, new Alpine Type R 6x9 speakers, driven by a brand new 5-channel Kenwood amplifier, and a 10" JL Audio Subwoofer. The sound is amazing. I have documents, receipts, and records for all work done to this vehicle. The car runs and drives perfect, fast, no shakes, no smoke, no weird noises. Also come with the original radio and speakers, original t-top bags, i also bought a padded t-top carrier that comes with the car. Sorry, was unable to take pictures of the sound system because the car is in storage right now. This car needs nothing. I am not desperate to sell and I am not looking for a trade. Serious inquiries only!

Last edited by prophotodude; 02-03-2016 at 03:03 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-03-2016, 09:21 AM
whitec7
Burning Brakes

Received 610 Likes on 234 Posts

Was the car repainted? What state?
Old 02-03-2016, 03:42 PM
prophotodude
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Located in Illinois. Looks to me that it was repainted once long ago, but the paint is pretty good!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1981 corvette for sale red/red

Quick Reply: F/S 1981 corvette for sale red/red