Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1972 coupe project car $2450

Old 03-25-2016, 09:03 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Originally Posted by chstitans42
Want to know the number one reason why your car isn't selling?

#1 Reason is: You are trying to sell it on the forum.

Sad but true, 98% of the members here already have a vette. Most people when they are in the market for a vette, do not look at corvetteforum. Post it for sale somewhere locally like on Craigslist etc. It is rare that a car changes hands over this forum, at least from my experience.
I was going to delete this post as it is contrary to forum rules about posts that do not advance the sale, but this comment is so incorrect I'd prefer to address it.

I personally close threads after cars sell in C3 and in C1/2 on a regular basis, and have done so for years now. It is categorically false to state cars do not change hands here. Cars sell, and the sell regularly. I have no clue what percentage sell, but more than enough for members to take advantage of the completely free, unlimited text and pictures sales marketing to an enormous collection of enthusiasts.
The following 5 users liked this post by vettebuyer6369:
76C3forme (07-06-2016), bmans vette (05-28-2016), mikem350 (06-22-2016), rprohl (04-11-2016), rtruman (08-16-2019)
Old 03-25-2016, 11:33 PM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
I was going to delete this post as it is contrary to forum rules about posts that do not advance the sale, but this comment is so incorrect I'd prefer to address it.

I personally close threads after cars sell in C3 and in C1/2 on a regular basis, and have done so for years now. It is categorically false to state cars do not change hands here. Cars sell, and the sell regularly. I have no clue what percentage sell, but more than enough for members to take advantage of the completely free, unlimited text and pictures sales marketing to an enormous collection of enthusiasts.
Have to agree. I already had my 69' when I started here. When I went looking for another C3 I spent a year looking on all venues before I found my 74' here on the Forum. The benefit I got from buying off the Forum was that I got a cared for car that was described honestly. Did I go 10% over my budget? Sure. Was it worth it? You bet. The benefits of buying and selling on the forum favors both parties. Thus both parties need to be patient sometimes.

Good Luck to the original poster. Looks like a good deal for the skilled folks here on the forum.

Last edited by LemansBlueStingray; 03-25-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:40 PM
Wee
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 237 Posts

To back up what VettebuyerB6369 posted above....Look at my join date 2010...I was looking for a ruff project at that time but didn't come up with enough cash to purchase till last year....I had a little more cash so I bought a nice driver instead of a project, that doesn't change the fact that I found this website almost 5 years before I purchased my first vette while looking for a project car just like the one for sale here.

Good luck with the sale MrTrim
Brian
Old 03-26-2016, 01:00 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

To all that have an opinion about the Forum and my car.
First of all, I know how much work it takes to bring one of these cars back from the dead. I've done it more times than I care to think about and I believe it takes a special, or like me, a crazed individual to take on this much work. I believe that I've priced my car in an area that you can either bring it back or part it out to save another car if that's your preference. now enough about my car...
As far as people not buying cars or even parts on this forum I have to strongly disagree as I have both bought, sold and traded on this forum with good results. Just because a lot of us bought these cars new or used before they became "Investments" I know it's hard to justify the money sometimes. Heck, I bought my first Corvette, a 66 BB coupe for only 2K so I understand.
To the Moderator who left the post alone, I say "Thank You" because everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how goofy it seems to others. He is just one opinion, and is entitled to it, and maybe thats been his experience here. After all, the world would be pretty boring if we all got along or thought the same.
Sorry for my long rant....
Chris

Last edited by MrTrim; 03-26-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:53 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Well as I continue to work off and on, on this project, I figured I'd give everyone an update. The car I'd like to buy is still for sale so this car is also still for sale. I've had a lot of questions about the frozen motor and I also wanted to see if I could break it loose.....well I'll tell you that letting a car sit without a hood in all kinds of weather is not a good thing. Check out the picture of what I found when I pulled the spark plugs, then after the waterfall stopped from cylinder #7, I pulled the intake. And this is what I found.....yikes Guess I'm pulling the heads next, so come back soon for the next chapter of The Joy of Corvetting.....lol!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by MrTrim; 04-10-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-21-2016, 05:01 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, the saga continues....no new pictures yet, but I'll post them tonight when I get home. Lets just say the cylinders were not pretty but with that said, since my last post, with some time and effort I now have success and the motor is no longer frozen. Yippie!!!! Not to say the rust is gone but at least things are now moving....to be continued....
Chris
Old 04-21-2016, 05:49 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 795 Likes on 620 Posts

Default vette

Good job Chris in freeing up the motor. Could be an important in trying to sell.
RVZIO
The following users liked this post:
MrTrim (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 10:42 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ugly picture here.....no crying....I've done enough for all of us. And no the other side doesn't look any better. But now I have light at the end of my tunnel....just hope it's not a train....
Attached Images  

Last edited by MrTrim; 04-21-2016 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-21-2016, 10:45 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Now the cylinder head....
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2016, 07:12 AM
tyrant
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts

I had the same issue with a motor I got that was sitting in a neglected vette for a long period of time. Mine ended up being already bored 30 over. By the time I got it freed and apart I found pitting that was too deep to be machined. I hope you have better luck than me. My paperweight <br ><br > <br >
Old 05-05-2016, 09:59 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTrim
To all that have an opinion about the Forum and my car.
First of all, I know how much work it takes to bring one of these cars back from the dead. I've done it more times than I care to think about and I believe it takes a special, or like me, a crazed individual to take on this much work. I believe that I've priced my car in an area that you can either bring it back or part it out to save another car if that's your preference. now enough about my car...
As far as people not buying cars or even parts on this forum I have to strongly disagree as I have both bought, sold and traded on this forum with good results. Just because a lot of us bought these cars new or used before they became "Investments" I know it's hard to justify the money sometimes. Heck, I bought my first Corvette, a 66 BB coupe for only 2K so I understand.
To the Moderator who left the post alone, I say "Thank You" because everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how goofy it seems to others. He is just one opinion, and is entitled to it, and maybe thats been his experience here. After all, the world would be pretty boring if we all got along or thought the same.
Sorry for my long rant....
Chris
If I had the spare cash and if you'd deliver to the northridge area then I'd take it.

I love to work on beaters like this. Great project and really easy.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:04 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nurburgring
If I had the spare cash and if you'd deliver to the northridge area then I'd take it.

I love to work on beaters like this. Great project and really easy.
WELL,
I cant help you with money...but delivery could be arranged...I have family in Thousand Oaks and Simi Valley, Ca.
Chris
Old 05-20-2016, 05:17 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Sell or Part out time....

OK, More news on the engine. After getting it to turn over and cleaning and checking the cylinders for damage, I think the block should either be replaced or all cylinders sleeved back to standard. The aftermarket pistions look to be .040 over and I personaly don't like going .060 for these blocks. So that being said, I'm adjusting the price to $3200.00. let me know if this sparks any new interest or if i get enough requests for stuff, I may just part this one out.....but I hate to do that and loose another one of these cars...

Last edited by MrTrim; 05-20-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:30 AM
woodlawnmill
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another picture...
The only thing that may slow interest is that it's an automatic. 4speeds are so much easier to sell. I've owned 5 c-3's and the a/t's were always a much harder sell car for car. "Birdcage"? rust? we don't have much of either in the Pacific NW I'm always surprised at what shows up from the mid west and further east. I would not touch anything from that part of the country.

Ischia
Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM
75v
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chstitans42
Want to know the number one reason why your car isn't selling?

#1 Reason is: You are trying to sell it on the forum.

Sad but true, 98% of the members here already have a vette. Most people when they are in the market for a vette, do not look at corvetteforum. Post it for sale somewhere locally like on Craigslist etc. It is rare that a car changes hands over this forum, at least from my experience.
Wow guess I've been messing up.....I bought two off here!?!??!??! I have 4 so I guess you can own more than one??
Old 06-22-2016, 12:18 AM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

BTT
Also, at this price you can always change it over to a 4spd and make it any color combo you like....I was thinking of Silver over Red with a stick anyway.
I wish the guy with the 65 for sale would sell it then I could make up my mind on this one....but there's still hope....
Chris

Last edited by MrTrim; 06-22-2016 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Info correction
Old 06-23-2016, 08:22 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

By now it should be off the trailer and sitting somewhere where more pictures can be taken so please show me the interior and the engine bay so I can make an informed decision please.

Thank you and best regards,

David Howard
AllC34Me

Get notified of new replies

To 1972 coupe project car $2450

Old 06-23-2016, 08:23 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by tyrant
I had the same issue with a motor I got that was sitting in a neglected vette for a long period of time. Mine ended up being already bored 30 over. By the time I got it freed and apart I found pitting that was too deep to be machined. I hope you have better luck than me. My paperweight <br ><br > <br >
I missed these pictures when looking and commenting earlier.
Now that I see the engine I am pretty sure it is not for me at this time.
Thank you.
David
Old 06-23-2016, 02:24 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

David,

Not that mine are that bad, but those pictures are of Tyrant's engine, not mine. But now that I have it apart and have been turning over the engine, it could have been much worse. I'll post new pictures soon.

Chris

Last edited by MrTrim; 06-23-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:44 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

David,

Not that mine are that bad, but those pictures are of Tyrant's engine, not mine. But now that I have it apart and have been turning over the engine, it could have been much worse. I'll post new pictures soon.

Chris
Sorry about that Chris. I should pay closer attention. My apologies.
David

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1972 coupe project car $2450