Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(2) 1979 Corvettes Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 03:27 PM
PhillyGuy70
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (2) 1979 Corvettes Project

I have two 79 corvettes. I bought as a project for my kids and I, now they want a project that the three of us can drive in together with our dog.

Corvette #1 (Navy Blue): Was the main car, stripped down to a rolling chassis, was an L82, in storage for 15+ years. Comes with most of the parts in boxes minus the original motor, trans and wind shield. All power options, upgraded options, interior is white. Steering has been installed. Glass t-Tops. No rust with the exception of surface rust on the windshield frame. Some of the original L-82 bolt on motor parts are in a box.

Corvette #2 (Primer Gray): Was purchased as the donor car. Car is missing the interior (rugs, seats, door cards, etc..), windshield, T-tops, and hood. Car has a 350 motor and was driven into my garage a few months ago, and started a few times since. Frame on this car has rust. Most of the interior black plastic trim pieces were removed and boxed.

Together you have a 99% complete car with lots of extra parts. I do not have a windshield for either. Also have numerous books and assembly manual.

I have a title for both cars. Both cars and all the parts, etc... $2850 or b/o. Car is located in Cherry Hill, NJ. If you would like additional pictures or have any questions, please send me an email.
Attached Images     
Old 05-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Brich57
5th Gear

Does the primer gray car have a manual transmission?

Originally Posted by PhillyGuy70
I have two 79 corvettes. I bought as a project for my kids and I, now they want a project that the three of us can drive in together with our dog.

Corvette #1 (Navy Blue): Was the main car, stripped down to a rolling chassis, was an L82, in storage for 15+ years. Comes with most of the parts in boxes minus the original motor, trans and wind shield. All power options, upgraded options, interior is white. Steering has been installed. Glass t-Tops. No rust with the exception of surface rust on the windshield frame. Some of the original L-82 bolt on motor parts are in a box.

Corvette #2 (Primer Gray): Was purchased as the donor car. Car is missing the interior (rugs, seats, door cards, etc..), windshield, T-tops, and hood. Car has a 350 motor and was driven into my garage a few months ago, and started a few times since. Frame on this car has rust. Most of the interior black plastic trim pieces were removed and boxed.

Together you have a 99% complete car with lots of extra parts. I do not have a windshield for either. Also have numerous books and assembly manual.

I have a title for both cars. Both cars and all the parts, etc... $2850 or b/o. Car is located in Cherry Hill, NJ. If you would like additional pictures or have any questions, please send me an email.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:55 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks like a great project!
Old 05-13-2016, 09:39 AM
PhillyGuy70
3rd Gear

Default 79 Corvettes

Originally Posted by Brich57
Does the primer gray car have a manual transmission?
Yes it does.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Brich57
5th Gear

Could you post some pictures of the frame on the gray car? I have a '76 that I'd like to convert to a manual and the frame needs some repairs but it would be great if I found a decent complete frame, thanks.
Yes it does.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:03 PM
PhillyGuy70
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Brich57
Could you post some pictures of the frame on the gray car? I have a '76 that I'd like to convert to a manual and the frame needs some repairs but it would be great if I found a decent complete frame, thanks.
The frame on the gray one is shot, VERY rusty. The frame on the blue one is in great shape since it has been in storage for 15+ years. I only got the gray one for the motor, trans and misc parts.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Brich57
5th Gear

The frame on the gray one is shot, VERY rusty. The frame on the blue one is in great shape since it has been in storage for 15+ years. I only got the gray one for the motor, trans and misc parts.
Do you have any pictures of the frame and windshield frame on the blue car? Is the blue car originally a manual transmission car? I'm assuming the transmission you have is a super t10? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:31 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Always so far from Texas...
Old 06-02-2016, 01:32 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Early June bump back to the top of the page.
Giving it some thought.
David
Old 06-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Brich57
5th Gear

Are these 2 cars still for sale?

Get notified of new replies

To (2) 1979 Corvettes Project

Quick Reply: (2) 1979 Corvettes Project