Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'69 350-350 stock original for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '69 350-350 stock original for sale

1969 350-350 stock original
4 speed, Rochester carburetor
T-top coupe, pop out rear window
Riverside Gold, Black vinyl interior
34,000+ miles

This car is a true 'survivor', not restored, original paint. Has always been garage kept and maintained. I have owned this car for 33 years and it runs great, no rattles or squeaks. Saw new in showroom, complete history known and have all maintenance records. Recently inspected by professional appraiser and NCRS judge. I will provide further details, information, and pics if interested.
Located in northern Virginia. $48,000

Contact me with a PM or email c3stingray1969@gmail.com
Serious inquiries only please.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:28 PM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts

Very nice............
Old 04-24-2016, 10:17 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jhudec
Very nice............
Thank you.. appreciate it
Old 05-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Rudy's Stingray
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Forever Young
1969 350-350 stock original
4 speed, Rochester carburetor
T-top coupe, pop out rear window
Riverside Gold, Black vinyl interior
34,000+ miles

This car is a true 'survivor', not restored, original paint. Has always been garage kept and maintained. I have owned this car for 33 years and it runs great, no rattles or squeaks. Saw new in showroom, complete history known and have all maintenance records. Recently inspected by professional appraiser and NCRS judge. I will provide further details, information, and pics if interested.
Located in northern Virginia. $48,000

Contact me with a PM or email c3stingray1969@gmail.com
Serious inquiries only please.

Greetings!

Based on the photographs and the asking price, I would think for the nominal cost of joining NCRS (if you don't already belong), pay to have it judged for the whole "ball of wax" - Survivor, Top Flight and Bow tie. Well, its between a rock and a hard place. Sell the car and let the new owner have that opportunity to have all the prestige for all the awards or the current owner who could increase the value even more. Tough call.
Love the car. A tremendous investment for either.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:59 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Beautiful looking 69, and the L46 is a great motor.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:26 AM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

I had the exact same car except mine had 52,000 original miles. Love the color combo, and I loved the car. Good luck with the sale. Riverside Gold rocks.
As others have stated it may be worth your while to have it judged or at least appraised.
I had mine appraised and listed it for 2,000 less than the appraised price, and it was gone in 10 hours after I put it up for sale.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:20 AM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

WOW!

Looks like you took really great care of that car over the last 33 years.

GLWS
Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Rudy's Stingray
Greetings!

Based on the photographs and the asking price, I would think for the nominal cost of joining NCRS (if you don't already belong), pay to have it judged for the whole "ball of wax" - Survivor, Top Flight and Bow tie. Well, its between a rock and a hard place. Sell the car and let the new owner have that opportunity to have all the prestige for all the awards or the current owner who could increase the value even more. Tough call.

Thank you so much for the input.. been waiting to get some I had it appraised and gone over by an NCRS judge and he stated that the car would get 'Benchmark'. I have to admit, I am not all that up on all of that as I have been out of the show loop for many years. The only thing I have had replaced has been in the late 80's the mufflers and pipes. And about 10 years ago the gas tank. I did find out from the review that the master cylinder is not original and since I have all the records, I recall that the guy I bought it from had replaced that himself. He probably had one laying around as he was restoring an early 60's at the time.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jr9170
Beautiful looking 69, and the L46 is a great motor.

Thank you! Has enough kick for me
Old 05-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by centuryoldracer
I had the exact same car except mine had 52,000 original miles. Love the color combo, and I loved the car. Good luck with the sale. Riverside Gold rocks.
As others have stated it may be worth your while to have it judged or at least appraised.
I had mine appraised and listed it for 2,000 less than the appraised price, and it was gone in 10 hours after I put it up for sale.

Thanks for the info. I did just have it appraised by an NCRS judge. As we all know, today's market is goofy to say the least. Prices are all over the place. But I personally believe that stock original is worth more than restored.. but that's just me . I understand arguments on both sides.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:09 AM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Forever Young
Thanks for the info. I did just have it appraised by an NCRS judge. As we all know, today's market is goofy to say the least. Prices are all over the place. But I personally believe that stock original is worth more than restored.. but that's just me . I understand arguments on both sides.
Mine had the correct carb, but someone had put an aluminum manifold on it. I found the correct date coded manifold, and I did clean up and paint it as well as the top of the engine.
So it looked very clean when you lifted the hood.
They had also unfortunately painted it white so I very carefully stripped it and repainted it the correct Riverside Gold.
Probably took away from the originality, but had to be done in the case of my car. It was too original to not put it back.
Anyway I think you are on the right track. I would way rather have a unrestored original than something that has been messed with.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ggroller
WOW!

Looks like you took really great care of that car over the last 33 years.

GLWS

I tried. Since I don't work on my vettes myself, I also have invested $$$$ in keeping it running great too
Old 05-23-2016, 11:17 AM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by centuryoldracer
Mine had the correct carb, but someone had put an aluminum manifold on it. I found the correct date coded manifold, and I did clean up and paint it as well as the top of the engine.
So it looked very clean when you lifted the hood.
They had also unfortunately painted it white so I very carefully stripped it and repainted it the correct Riverside Gold.
Probably took away from the originality, but had to be done in the case of my car. It was too original to not put it back.
Anyway I think you are on the right track. I would way rather have a unrestored original than something that has been messed with.

This car has the original carb.. rebuilt a time or two though. I really appreciate the feedback as this is my first time parting with one of my 'babies'
Old 05-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Rudy's Stingray
Greetings!

And let me just add this... I would LOVE for the car to go to someone who does appreciate a stock original and would strive to maintain it as there are so few left. If they chose to do all the showing and Bloomington thing that would be wonderful and I would be happy for them and proud too. I have more than enjoyed the car, but time to pass it on to someone who will also enjoy it, drive it, show it, and maybe likes to work on old vettes themselves It would be a good thing for it to see the highway more than the garage. LOL
Old 05-25-2016, 10:31 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

But I personally believe that stock original is worth more than restored.
I agree too esp in your case. That car is gorgeous, not rotten looks so well preserved. It will never look that way again if someone gets their mitts on it. Will take that look ANYday over some over restored one.

WAY too nice to ruin it restoring (and Im the anti NCRS type). Yours should be left just the way it is..love the color, amazing
Poverty sux
Youll have no problem selling it dont need some special plaque to help it sell your car does the talking all by itself. Real deal!

Last edited by cv67; 05-25-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
I agree too esp in your case. That car is gorgeous, not rotten looks so well preserved. It will never look that way again if someone gets their mitts on it. Will take that look ANYday over some over restored one.

WAY too nice to ruin it restoring (and Im the anti NCRS type). Yours should be left just the way it is..love the color, amazing
Poverty sux
Youll have no problem selling it dont need some special plaque to help it sell your car does the talking all by itself. Real deal!

OMG.. "get their mitts on it" made me laugh out loud literally! Guess that's my biggest fear I have ALWAYS been a stock original person... and I appreciate you recognizing a 'real deal'. None of this 'original'.. but here's a list of what all has been changed /modified. LOL And I also believe that this body style is a thing of beauty... actually, may I say, sexy

And yes poverty does suck or we would all have a different vette for every day of the week !

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-25-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:57 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Absolutely beautiful car! Don't worry, nobody is going to buy this to restore it. It's way too nice as-is, it's original, and it would make no sense financially. You'd spend the money to buy it, then another $30K or $40K to restore it, and you'd end up with a car that is less valuable than it is right now.

I have an all original '67 convertible that could go either way because it's not in great shape. But it is original and fully documented. This one is way too nice to restore.

Get notified of new replies

To '69 350-350 stock original for sale

Old 05-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Forever Young
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Absolutely beautiful car! Don't worry, nobody is going to buy this to restore it. It's way too nice as-is, it's original, and it would make no sense financially. You'd spend the money to buy it, then another $30K or $40K to restore it, and you'd end up with a car that is less valuable than it is right now.

I have an all original '67 convertible that could go either way because it's not in great shape. But it is original and fully documented. This one is way too nice to restore.

Umm yeah, there really isn't anything TO restore Thanks for the comments, appreciate it! Know somebody that has been restoring their C3.. and chaching chaching! I would love to see a collector maybe have this car to keep it nice. And as for your '67, the fact that it is original and documented, well that right there is worth something even if her has a few miles and some wear and tear... don't we all
Old 06-02-2016, 02:40 PM
URUSAINA
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 06-06-2016, 07:08 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Bump back to the top for a beautiful car.
Good luck with sale.
David

Quick Reply: '69 350-350 stock original for sale