Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1979 Corvette, Black 82k original miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Ullovethecarpayment
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 Corvette, Black 82k original miles

Parting ways with my partner in crime, 82k miles no rebuilds all original aside from the carb and exhaust.

Runs fine, numbers matched until DMV theft inspection, Frame VIN had two numbers they couldn't read at the tail end. VIN was reassigned.
They explained to me it was a common occurrence, personally I've never heard of THAT being a reason. Moving on, no part of the car has ever been wrecked or stolen, DMV certified proof of that now. Mile's are also confirmed accurate according to the records.

L-48, Body is fine, There is a spot which I thought was a poor paint repair; Turns out to have been damage to the clear coat from a buffer. Not a large spot, and the fiberglass is fine according to a body shop. The spot alone can be sanded and painted/color matched to the factory paint. Just needs to be fixed not terribly expensive. Will add a photo of the spot later. Interior is good, has a few trouble spots driver door pad needs to be replaced. (Better to replace both door pads they sell in pairs) Most everything else just needs cleaning and TLC. The T shaped insert at the dome light between the tops has a crack, also should be replaced for cosmetic reasons. Shown in the pictures. I have the radio, just not installed it's functional and sitting in the garage. I removed it because of poorly installed aftermarket speakers from the former owner. Car makes it's own music anyway. Never bothered to put it back in.

The number 4 body mount needs to be replaced never got around to getting that done. The mount's about 20 bucks, not sure as to the labor. Considerable if I had to guess since it's fiberglass. The ignition timing could use a tune occasionally has run off (when you shut it off it'll roll a little once in awhile). Even so it doesn't happen often. Last quote I got to fix it was 60 dollars.

Asking 7,000 I hope someone who's going to take care of it is interested. Headlights work, no vacuum leaks. Can't think of any glaring issues with it. Easy daily driver.

PM me here, and I'll give you my number if you want to chat. I absolutely will not ship my car for any reason absolutely at all. I am willing to drive it to where it needs to go within reason, at the buyers expense. I'm in North East North Carolina. Will add more photo's later.

Edit :Had to amend some of the original post.
Attached Images           

Last edited by Ullovethecarpayment; 07-11-2016 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Had to amend some of the original post.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Ullovethecarpayment
7th Gear

Car is sold.

Edit: Buyer could not produce the full balance after several weeks holding. It is back for sale.

Last edited by Ullovethecarpayment; 07-11-2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Amended to avoid confusion
Old 06-21-2016, 05:32 PM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

That was quick, congratulations!
Old 07-11-2016, 12:54 AM
Ullovethecarpayment
7th Gear

Sadly, I have to bump this and press it back for sale. Buyer couldn't come up with the full balance. Sale was canceled.

Selling a C3 is a real pain in the rear experience. So much easier buying them lol

Price is negotiable, I'm not an ogre I won't turn away a fair offer.

Get notified of new replies

To 1979 Corvette, Black 82k original miles

Quick Reply: 1979 Corvette, Black 82k original miles