Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Sale: Project 1968 Corvette Coupe 427 4spd

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 04:01 AM
machcopper
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: Project 1968 Corvette Coupe 427 4spd

Up for sale is my rust free, damage free fiberglass, 1968 Corvette 427 4 Speed A/C T-Top Coupe. The stripping of the paint on the car has been started. The doors and front clip have been stripped. The back quarters and back end need to be stripped of paint.
The original color combo on this car is Safari Yellow body with black interior. The engine is out of the car sitting on a pallet after being rebuilt by a machine shop. The vin is stamped into the engine along with the IL for engine code and another stamping showing it is to a 4 speed car which the 4 speed is still installed. The car has the recessed square headlights with plexi covers over opening (1 is missing). I also have an original set of pop up lights with vacuum bottles (entire front clip actually). Interior is dirty and needs new upholstery but I do have a new set of upholstery for the seats. Car is located in northern California outside of Sacramento and Placerville ca. I Decided to let it go because I am a Ford Mustang/pantera Guy and not a C3 Guy. Priced at $16,000. EXTRA Parts go with the car.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:34 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by machcopper
Up for sale is my rust free, damage free fiberglass, 1968 Corvette 427 4 Speed A/C T-Top Coupe. The stripping of the paint on the car has been started. The doors and front clip have been stripped. The back quarters and back end need to be stripped of paint.
The original color combo on this car is Safari Yellow body with black interior. The engine is out of the car sitting on a pallet after being rebuilt by a machine shop. The vin is stamped into the engine along with the IL for engine code and another stamping showing it is to a 4 speed car which the 4 speed is still installed. The car has the recessed square headlights with plexi covers over opening (1 is missing). I also have an original set of pop up lights with vacuum bottles (entire front clip actually). Interior is dirty and needs new upholstery but I do have a new set of upholstery for the seats. Car is located in northern California outside of Sacramento and Placerville ca. I Decided to let it go because I am a Ford Mustang/pantera Guy and not a C3 Guy. Priced at $16,000. EXTRA Parts go with the car.
Pictures would help.................................... ...
Old 08-16-2016, 11:04 PM
machcopper
5th Gear

The grey areas are all removed paint and showing the fiberglass.

1968 project, I have the front grill parts as well

Rebuilt original 427 Engine 4 barrel IL motor as stamped on the block with vin

Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 PM
machcopper
5th Gear

Forgot to mention. Willing to consider trades or partial trades for a vintage Mustang fastback, mach 1, or 1971 Cuda, or up to a pantera, jalpa, or mangusta.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by machcopper
Forgot to mention. Willing to consider trades or partial trades for a vintage Mustang fastback, mach 1, or 1971 Cuda, or up to a pantera, jalpa, or mangusta.
I noticed that the hood is the longe version not from 68. Can we see the engine bay and dash please.
Thank you
RVZIO
Old 08-17-2016, 08:33 PM
machcopper
5th Gear

Transmission still in car

Power steering unit shown.

I have the original steering wheel off the car.

backside of hood

Originally Posted by rvzio
I noticed that the hood is the longe version not from 68. Can we see the engine bay and dash please.
Thank you
RVZIO
Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 PM
lvmyvt76
Melting Slicks

Received 121 Likes on 118 Posts

73 to 75 hood
Old 08-20-2016, 11:21 PM
machcopper
5th Gear

Originally Posted by lvmyvt76
73 to 75 hood
I have the short hood that goes with the car as well.

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale: Project 1968 Corvette Coupe 427 4spd

Quick Reply: For Sale: Project 1968 Corvette Coupe 427 4spd