Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: 68-72 Corvette Coupe, <250mls from southern Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Hendrix
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: 68-72 Corvette Coupe, <250mls from southern Illinois

Hi there,
I'm looking for a 68-72 C3, Coupe.

I can't really find what I'm looking for on Craigslist and also, I would rather want to buy a car from somebody who loved and spoiled his car instead of buying from a dealer.

High priority would be:
- Chrome bumpers
- good condition of Frame and bird Cage
- tilt steering wheel (I'm 6' 3'')
- as original as possible; no major modifications such as side pipes, stroker... (otherwise I would not be able to get the historic license plate when I go back to Germany in 2 years)

Not so high priority:
- A/C
- paint condition
- color
- Matching numbers
- carpet condition

The price should be fair and justified, I had ~7k-15k in mind, very much depending on what you have to offer.

Thank you very much.

I'm originally from Germany. One year ago I moved with my Family to Southern Illinois for work. In two years we'll be going back to Germany. A Corvette has always been a dream of mine and I want to take it back to Germany as a memory and to drive it there. I intend to Keep it for a long long time, so I'm very interested in finding a good substance.

Hendrik

Last edited by Hendrix; 10-09-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:05 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendrix
Hi there,
I'm looking for a 68-72 C3, Coupe.

I can't really find what I'm looking for on Craigslist and also, I would rather want to buy a car from somebody who loved his car instead of a dealer.

High priority would be:
- Chrome bumpers
- good condition of Frame and bird Cage
- tilt steering wheel (I'm 6' 3'')
- as original as possible; no major modifications such as side pipes, crate engine... (otherwise I would not be able to get the historic license plate when I go back to Germany in 2 years)

Not so high priority:
- A/C
- paint condition
- color
- Matching numbers
- carpet condition

The price should be fair and justified, I had ~7k-15k in mind, very much depending on what you have to offer.

Thank you very much.

I'm originally from Germany. One year ago I moved with my Family to Southern Illinois for work. In two years we'll be going back to Germany. A Corvette has always been a dream of mine and I want to take it back to Germany as a memory and to drive it there. I intend to Keep it for a long long time, so I'm very interested in finding a good substance.

Hendrik
You said you did not want a "crate engine" because of when you take it back to Germany, but then you said "matching numbers" was a low priority.

You might want to clarify exactly what you do or do not want in an engine.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Hendrix
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, a crate engine would be okay. A "stroker" would make the Registration harder... I mixed it up.

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted: 68-72 Corvette Coupe, <250mls from southern Illinois

Quick Reply: Wanted: 68-72 Corvette Coupe, <250mls from southern Illinois