Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanted---steel cities gray convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:02 AM
sprintcarb1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted---steel cities gray convertible

looking for 1969-1972 steel cities gray convertible. Would like mostly stock but some aftermarket accessories are ok. Wanting road ready not looking for a project car. Thanks------------------ Will travel !!
please text if possible
214-808-4018
Old 10-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

FWIW: if you seek an actual 988 car, you are limited to 71 and 72. Steel Cities Gray was not available on the 69s or 70s.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 PM
DeesCorvette2008
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sprintcarb1
looking for 1969-1972 steel cities gray convertible. Would like mostly stock but some aftermarket accessories are ok. Wanting road ready not looking for a project car. Thanks------------------ Will travel !!
please text if possible
214-808-4018
By roadworthy, I'm wondering to what extent? I just came from Northern CA after looking at a 72 LT1 Steel Cities roadster, all matching #'s with extensive paperwork. Probably won't find better history. 66k on it which I believe is probably accurate. No PS or PB. No rust. Was painted a long time ago and a poor paint job at that. It's shiny but not a quality one. The guy is looking around 30k for it. I did not buy it because at one point it had been hit in the RF and not fixed properly. The car looks ok overall, but up close you will notice the bodywork issue that needs to be addressed. My husband calls it a #4 car. This all being said, this is a rare car. Only 400 or so made, so if you're up to doing some body and paint work in the future, this would be a good car with a good solid foundation. It does have headers but other than that pretty darn original and was judged at a NCRS meet as 2nd flight according to the owner. Needs a tune up and a new black top, some interior work. I personally did not appreciate traveling 1900 miles with a trailer to bring it back empty but thought if you or anyone else is interested knowing my honest opinion of it (we are very knowledgeable with these cars) PM me and I will get you in touch with the owner. It is not currently listed anywhere but it is for sale along with a very nice 72 LT1 coupe.

Get notified of new replies

To wanted---steel cities gray convertible

Quick Reply: wanted---steel cities gray convertible