Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: NOS or AS NEW 1982 CE Parking Brake Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:38 AM
GRAND SPORT GUY
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 237 Likes on 125 Posts
Default WTB: NOS or AS NEW 1982 CE Parking Brake Cover

OK, I know this is going to be like looking for the needle in the haystack, BUT, I DID LOCATE a set of NOS wheels for my CE earlier this year to replace the originals which had slight corrosion all over the fins from sitting for so long next to the ocean!

I found this CE in NJ last year, with ONLY 3,340 original, one owner-miles on it! I have since put a little over 6,000 additional miles on it, including a 1,475 round-trip to Tulsa from Chicago, and a 2,416 mile round-trip to Estes Park, CO which INCLUDED a 1,008 mile IRON BUTT Blast straight through to Estes from Tinley Park, IL.

The interior of the car is literally PERFECT, with the exception of 4 scratches in the parking brake cover. I know I can have it re-sprayed, but then there is the issue of trying to EXACTLY match the shade, and then too the scratches are kind of deep, and would still be visible in the right light.

So, what I am looking for is preferably a NOS parking brake cover for my 1982 Corvette Collector Edition, OR, if there is a used one out there in AS NEW condition, I could go that route too.

I've contacted about 11 used parts purveyors, and NOS and repro purveyors with no luck so far.

Please help a CE owner out!

Thank You-

-Ray

Last edited by GRAND SPORT GUY; 11-06-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:41 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

This is the Cars For Sale section. Please post in Parts.

Quick Reply: WTB: NOS or AS NEW 1982 CE Parking Brake Cover