Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie looking for answers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 07:09 PM
RCB69L36
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking for answers

Pardon my ignorance, but this looks like the place to start, so here goes.

I have always been interested in obtaining a Corvette from the year I was born (1968). I'm in the process of trying to gather as much information as possible. I see a lot of reference to the 1969 being a more popular C3 model. I also see references to the '68 having more issues with "1 year parts". What exactly does this mean?

I am by no means a car mechanic and would either be looking for a decent everyday driver, or something that might need minimal work to help me "break into" Corvette ownership.

I'd also be looking for insight into books that might help me understand the integral differences of the various C3 models as I move closer to purchase.

Thanks so much for your time.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:49 PM
RCB69L36
Drifting

Default Re: Newbie looking for answers (rbasting)

Anyone in the Englewood Cliff area of NJ or in Northern Illinois (Chicago) that would be willing to work with me on an independent onceover on a 69 vette?

Please e-mail me.

[Modified by rbasting, 12:06 AM 10/1/2002]
Old 09-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Tedardo
Advanced

Default Re: Newbie looking for answers (rbasting)

'68's have a lot of one year parts, just take a look at a parts catalog and you'll see things like door panels and mirriors and stuff like that. If you are looking to buy a '68 with little to no work needed (best of luck BTW), then you won't need to worry about the one year parts. If you want a '68 buy a '68.

In terms of finding one with little or no work needed, look to spend at least $10,000 unless you find a sweet deal which is known to happen if you look for it. Which brings me to my next point, unless you have loads of cash, you will need to search and search for your Vette. I've been looking for a year and a half now and have yet to find one in my price range. But I'm checking out a '73 today that sounds promising :D Good luck and you've come to the right place, there are tons of guys/gals that have first hand of knowledge of owning, driving and enjoying Corvettes.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:07 PM
My401K
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Newbie looking for answers (Tedardo)

If your looking for a 68, I have one listed in this section for 15K. It has has most everything redone except a paint job. I might consider other offers.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:10 PM
RCB69L36
Drifting

Default Re: Newbie looking for answers (My401K)

I sent you a note before registering on this board that I would love to see pictures and hear as much as possible about your '68. My e-mail is rbasting@attbi.com

Please fill me in with all the details on the work done, and features of the car.

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Newbie looking for answers

Quick Reply: Newbie looking for answers