Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 09:49 PM
antman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio

I have been looking at buying my first corvette (I did get approval from the wife) and I have been looking around at local dealers. There are 3 who’s websites and frequent and was wanted to know if anyone out there has any experience with them. They are Cars2NV in Columbus, Mershons in Springfield, and Northwest Auto sales in North Canton Ohio.
Any info on these will be greatly appreciated
Old 01-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio (antman)

I O P:

I would just drive buy Northwest Auto. I've seen to many Corvettes have birthdays there. :nopity
Old 01-07-2003, 11:03 PM
914eener
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 81 from Mershons. Nothing but good things to say about them.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Kelly Burnside
Melting Slicks

Location: Screw you guys, I'm going home.... Homeless in Ohio
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a corvette from Corvette Corner (Cars2nv) and the engine was blown. Had to re-ring the pistons. Not a happy experience. They should have checked the compression. Also, I remember someone running out of gas in a vette he just bought from them. Guess the gas guage did not work. Anyway... I would avoid them...
Never been to NorthWest Auto Sale...
I did buy two corvettes from Mershons.. Both 65's... I still would highly recommend them.
I have bought a couple of corvette from Bob McDorman as well. Pretty happy with them.
Another alternative is Proteam Corvettes. I have never dealt with them and they do seem expensive.
Springfield does have a car show at the fairgrounds that usually have quite a few corvettes. If you can wait, it will be coming up. Not sure of the date. Mershons is usually at the show and you can swing buy the dealership and she what they have on the showroom floor at that time.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:38 PM
LegalCarry
Advanced

When I was in the market for a 72 Corvette, I checked the websites you mentioned. The only one I contacted was Northwest Auto Sales. I emailed them a couple of times, and initially they responded, but after I emailed a couple of more times with more questions, someone got tired of dealing with me. I told them where I lived, and I suppose they didn't think I was serious about purchasing a Corvette. I'd pass them by. Too bad though, a couple of months later I pulled a trailer to North Ohio, Napoleon, or a small town near, and purchased a car from Lookers Corvettes and Classics. They are located approximately 10 miles or less from Pro-Team. Lookers is a little on the high side, in comparison with asking prices on the forum, but they were less than Pro-Team and the others you mentioned, and about average with other dealers around the country. They wholesale to other dealers, and have nice cars. They were very nice people to deal with. It is a partnership with two people. I dealt with Chris....cannot recall his last name. You may want to look at their website too. Good luck ! :cheers:
Old 01-09-2003, 03:52 PM
antman
2nd Gear

Default Re: Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio (LegalCarry)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies that I have gotten. It's sure is nice to know that there is a place where I can go and talk to people that have the same love for the car as I do. Heck maybe someday you'll even see me on the road driving by. Just wave and I wave back.

:steering:

I will make sure that when I go to take the plunge, I'll go thoroughly over the car and ask lots of questions. With that is mine, when you do go to look at a car what are some of the most important things to look for? Everyone is screaming "Numbers Matching yada, yada….” but what are some of the major items to look for?
Old 01-09-2003, 08:16 PM
RS69
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought my vette about 4 years ago. I looked on my own for 5 years to find a vette and hook'd with a friend(who is vette expert) when I was ready to help me purchase a sound car. You need to do your homework, have another vette enthusiant work with you. My car was in storage for 14 years before I purchased it from Looker's. My vette came from Lookers Corvettes and Classics in Napoleon. Marvin/Chris were excellent to work with. I am very happy with my purchase. Corvette Corner(CNV Columbus) has good stuff too. Corvette Corner(CNV) has a good supply of parts and inventory of cars. The staff at CNV is very helpful when comes to shop service or parts. Looker's and Corvette Corner are the two places I would buy from. Lookers and CNV are reasonably priced, that normal people can afford. The cars that they have are as solid or more than Proteam or Mershons. I have never been to Northwest, so I can't comment on them. I continue to buy many of restoration parts at Corvette Corner. Proteam and Mershons are too rich for me. Remember the hunt is the best part. I can't tell you how many vettes I turn down because it just didnt feel right.
:cheers:

[Modified by Cool427shark, 7:30 PM 1/9/2003]

[Modified by Cool427shark, 7:31 PM 1/9/2003]
Old 01-09-2003, 09:56 PM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio (Cool427shark)

If your up this way take a look at at mine its for sale. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio

Quick Reply: Corvette dealers in Central/Northern Ohio