C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

The twin-turbo F-Bomb Camaro in Fast and Furious 4

Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default The twin-turbo F-Bomb Camaro in Fast and Furious 4

Originally Posted by Chevy Nick
My review:

Fast and Furious 4 was good. If you're looking for an academy award contender, look elsewhere, but if you want cool cars, explosions and violence, this is for you. The movie has really stepped up its technical accuracy: The turbo spool sound on the GNX was perfect, there were no warnings of intake welds blowing off. The only thing I saw that bothered me was the F-bomb Camaro doing a wheelie in the sand (I heard they put a lot of weight in the trunk to make it happen). Big Red is in the movie, but doesn't get any racing time, which was a dissapointment. This movie is worth seeing. My biggest complaint is that every domestic car in the movie is a GNX or older, while every import in the movie is 10 years or younger (zr1 or cts-v would have been nice). This movie will sell a lot of tickets, there will be another installment after this for sure.
If the F-bomb is in, now I have to see it

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/f...ody/index.html

or NOT
http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/01/26...and-furious-4/
Don’t let the flat OD paint fool you. The real F-bomb is a Hot Rod Magazine feature car. It’s performance is best measured in mega-cubic dollars. The picture of the wheelie car on dirt … is obviously one of the stand-in vehicles. The F-bomb is hardly a rat rod.
http://www.bangshift.com/blog/The-F-...Furious-4.html

The F-Bomb Camaro in Fast and Furious 4 By Freiburger Posted 01/25/09

It's been the worst kept secret that my F-Bomb Camaro is in the newest Fast and Furious movie, releasing April 4. But now that the second trailer is everywhere, clearly showing the car, there's not much left to guess. Yep, the F-Bomb has a decent role in the flick, which, BTW, is not actually called "4." It's just Fast and Furious. Seemingly a prequel. The trailer (seen below) has already been discussed on the forums, but I thought I should post it here in our blog for posterity. In the video, the car is at 1:37.

While I'm still obligated not to reveal any plot points, I can tell you that the real F-Bomb is not in the movie, though you might see the engine and you will hear the car's actual engine and tires in action. The production company built eight clones of the car, none of which escaped unscathed. I've got a set of fenders from one that survived enough that the sheetmetal is still somewhat recognizable as having at one time been fenders. So, yeah, a bunch of cars got destroyed. However, I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that there wasn't a single donor car that you would have paid $500 for. Most of them were total junk when our pals at the movie-car barn started to Bondo-form them back into the shape of a '73 Camaro.

And, yes, the Bomb stunt double does wheelies on dirt. Not my fault.

There are also a bunch of other musclecars in the movie as well as some trick trucks, including 4x4s. You'll see Torinos, Chevelles, Mopars, and a bunch of imports that might be cool cars, but I'm not the guy to ask.

I'll be in theaters with you in April.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Dongsan Park
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice good 1973camaro
Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

sorry to drop the f-bomb on ya!

LOL!

Last edited by pushrod-v8; 04-06-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

I just saw the movie last night. I thought the wheelie on the dirt was a bit overkill.

But I did see an LT1 waterpump sitting on a work bench in the basement of the garage of the club. Keep an eye out for it the bench is kind of in the background

It would have been nice to see a few more modern muscle cars in it, but they did have a nice looking new style mustang.....that gets blown up
Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

it was cool to see a mix of imports and domestics. It hopefully will open up people's eyes to look at it in another way other than imports versus domestics. I Know my roommmate doesn't know a classic camaro from a classic mustang and he dug the american iron in the movie. The cars were pretty sweet even if some of the plot wasn't all that realistic or believable.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:32 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by mn_vette
I just saw the movie last night. I thought the wheelie on the dirt was a bit overkill.

But I did see an LT1 waterpump sitting on a work bench in the basement of the garage of the club. Keep an eye out for it the bench is kind of in the background

It would have been nice to see a few more modern muscle cars in it, but they did have a nice looking new style mustang.....that gets blown up
i saw that waterpump !! think it was when he was in the basement looking at that green sled !
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
snowmanmdp
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the F-Bomb, remember reading about it in Hot Rod. Big fan of 2 gen Camaros

Get notified of new replies

To The twin-turbo F-Bomb Camaro in Fast and Furious 4

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The twin-turbo F-Bomb Camaro in Fast and Furious 4