C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

BOV on procharger p600b?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:49 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default BOV on procharger p600b?

I want to get rid of the bypass valve on my intercooled, procharged 1992. I have done a little research and the procharger red BOV looks like the direction I would like to go.

My question is, Where is a good spot in the over the radiator intercooler system to mount the BOV. i was thinking about going in the side of the intercooler but I havent measured anything yet to see if I would have enough hood clearance.

If someone who has done this has some pics or any feedback, I surely would appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 AM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by smooth1990
I want to get rid of the bypass valve on my intercooled, procharged 1992. I have done a little research and the procharger red BOV looks like the direction I would like to go.

My question is, Where is a good spot in the over the radiator intercooler system to mount the BOV. i was thinking about going in the side of the intercooler but I havent measured anything yet to see if I would have enough hood clearance.

If someone who has done this has some pics or any feedback, I surely would appreciate it!
I'm not much of an expert, but I have heard from the guys that know more than me that you want to mount it on the outside of a curve in your pipeing. With the red, it should not be as critical with you blower as with the bigger blowers. That thing flows a ton and it'll definitely reduce pressure on your intake tract.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:58 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

look up this on youtube:

dizwiz33
procharger idle

this is when i used to have the procharger intercooler and had a high quality paxton blowoff valve mounted to the side.

I have since removed the procharger intercooler (restrictive, reduces boost) and solely use meth/water inj.

I might add another less restrictive intercooler someday, in front of the radiator...esp since i removed a/c condenser
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
look up this on youtube:

dizwiz33
procharger idle

this is when i used to have the procharger intercooler and had a high quality paxton blowoff valve mounted to the side.

I have since removed the procharger intercooler (restrictive, reduces boost) and solely use meth/water inj.

I might add another less restrictive intercooler someday, in front of the radiator...esp since i removed a/c condenser

Thanks Diz,

How did that sound on your car mounted like that? was it loud?

Also I noticed you modified your air intake tube and have it down by passenger tire? It doesnt appear you have a filter on it? What exactly did you do there? I dont like the small k&n on my set up nor do I like that it doesnt get much fresh air down by the rad overflow.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Thanks Diz,

How did that sound on your car mounted like that? was it loud?

Also I noticed you modified your air intake tube and have it down by passenger tire? It doesnt appear you have a filter on it? What exactly did you do there? I dont like the small k&n on my set up nor do I like that it doesnt get much fresh air down by the rad overflow.
Yes there is def an air filter on it. It isnt very big. I clean it often.

The filter is a custom k&n mounted to the face of the blower.that black plastic bucket is covering it up.

I also put chicken wire over the air intake scoop because leaves were going up the tube and quickly clogging the filter

Blow off valve was loud.

Get notified of new replies

To BOV on procharger p600b?

Quick Reply: BOV on procharger p600b?