C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Programmable ration supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Programmable ration supercharger

Programmable ratio sounds cool, but it's HUGE

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...lation_part_2/
Old 01-27-2014, 09:51 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! All kinds of options with the programming feature.
Well who will be first to install one of those,
What $$ amount are they

Last edited by illenema; 01-27-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

very cool idea but way too huge for many appiications. There's been different versions of boost controlling for a while now but this is the most complex and serious effort at it. It'd be awesome for a street car on non-sticky tires.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:44 AM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz
very cool idea but way too huge for many appiications. There's been different versions of boost controlling for a while now but this is the most complex and serious effort at it. It'd be awesome for a street car on non-sticky tires.
I wouldn't say this is the most complex, just the most correct. All other efforts have been band-aids. This is a true, full-effort variable boost blower that Procharger actually designed. I've seen the blower in person, and read about it in the Mustang community (late model mustangs mainly, 2011+). Incredible technology that will definitely bridge the gap between positive displacement and centri style blowers. Most positive displacement guys complain about the "peak" power delivery of the centri. While the centri is a far more efficient blower, the controller allows for better boost delivery on the low-end.

I don't think this headunit will physically fit in the restricted area available to the c4 guys. I guess that can be confirmed by contacting Procharger.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

personally I think it's an awesome idea but a waste of effort when used on a "small" blower. One of these things connected up to a ysi, f1r or better yet f1x would be the ticket for mile racing or roll racing. With how much power most of these street setups run, the only real advantage would be in 1st and maybe 2nd gear. But as you mentioned, the setup is already huge and would be massive with larger volute blowers.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz
personally I think it's an awesome idea but a waste of effort when used on a "small" blower. One of these things connected up to a ysi, f1r or better yet f1x would be the ticket for mile racing or roll racing. With how much power most of these street setups run, the only real advantage would be in 1st and maybe 2nd gear. But as you mentioned, the setup is already huge and would be massive with larger volute blowers.
The variable drive transmission is not interchangeable between superchargers. It's exclusive to one supercharger (in this case the I-1). It's suppose to be more efficient (in all aspects) than the P1SC and D1SC, and it supports up-to 900 flywheel horsepower.

Currently, Procharger offers the headunit in a select few applications.

http://www.procharger.com/i-1supercharger.shtml

the purpose of a supercharger like this would be (again) to fill that void between the efficiency of a centri and the bottom-end power delivery (daily drive-ability) of a positive displacement blower.

the YSI and F series blowers are truly intended for race-oriented applications. In your case, you've adapted it to your c4 (which is awesome ), but these larger blowers need the right engine combination to make them versatile, otherwise it'd be a top-end only (i.e. drag racing) application.

Get notified of new replies

To Programmable ration supercharger

Quick Reply: Programmable ration supercharger