C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vortech V1 on a '91

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Mike Schwarz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech V1 on a '91

I've looked at several different used kits.Paxton,Vortech etc. They all seem to be somewhat different as far as brackets etc. I have a chance to get a Vortech V1 kit that came off a '89 Formula 350. What is going to be my biggest problem getting this to work?
Thanks
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Schwarz
I've looked at several different used kits.Paxton,Vortech etc. They all seem to be somewhat different as far as brackets etc. I have a chance to get a Vortech V1 kit that came off a '89 Formula 350. What is going to be my biggest problem getting this to work?
Thanks
Blowerworks.net Checkout the download section.
To do the install correctly could add up quick. pulley/dampner Intake fuel delivery tune ect.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

'F' Body vs. 'Y' Body all different and not interchangeable !!! 1989 F body kits from Paxton or Vortech not sold anymore. I think maybe the ATI kits still available. greg
Old 03-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Mike Schwarz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlowerWorks
'F' Body vs. 'Y' Body all different and not interchangeable !!! 1989 F body kits from Paxton or Vortech not sold anymore. I think maybe the ATI kits still available. greg
Thanks Greg, I figured it out after looking at your site and what the F-body kit came with. I think the only thing the same is the actual blower and the tube to the TPI. Good thing I checked first.To piece together a used kit would have cost more than a new kit.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Be careful...some of those older kits are tiny.

You need something bigger than an s -trim

I mean we have guys making 500 + rwhp on them, but you are better getting off something too big that you can grow into with future mods.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:39 AM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Schwarz
Thanks
Hi
You are best of getting a complete kit, you can fit it but there are some tuning issues.

If you run an intercooler, you can run pretty much standard timing as long as you use premium high octane fuel.
Vortech have an FMU (fuel management unit that restricts the fuel return to the tank to increase fuel pressure to force more fuel through the std injectors, like 6 psi for every psi boost to ritchen the air fuel mixture.
Without an intercooler you will need methanol/water injection, adjustable ignition retard (remember retarding ignition gives you less power)

You can run around 8 psi boost if it is set up well without problems, i have had my 85 blown for around 7 years.
If you have a high mile motor its not recommended as any blowby (combustion gasses past rings will pressurise the crankcase and can force oil out the dipstick etc.)

See the Vortech setup on my 85, to get an idea of how it all will fit.

Its an art fitting the intercooler...

Get notified of new replies

To Vortech V1 on a '91

Quick Reply: Vortech V1 on a '91