C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need a good tuner in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 AM
LT1inaMGB
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Need a good tuner in SoCal

I have the engine (LT1) running in my MGB finally and need to have it tuned. It will be a tricky tune due to 11:1 compression and a Vortech supercharger. I also have methanol injection to supress knock. I'm looking for someone with experience tuning supercharged engines. Andy at A&A said he couldn't do it because he doesn't have the software for this engine.

Jim
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 AM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Self Tune !

Originally Posted by LT1inaMGB
I have the engine (LT1) running in my MGB finally and need to have it tuned. It will be a tricky tune due to 11:1 compression and a Vortech supercharger. I also have methanol injection to supress knock. I'm looking for someone with experience tuning supercharged engines. Andy at A&A said he couldn't do it because he doesn't have the software for this engine.

Jim
Hi Jim ! I have spoken to you in the past. My reply today is not only to you but to all that may be interested.

GM vehicles (cars/trucks/etc.) from around 1984 thru 1993 with a 'chip' (i.e., e-prom) may actually be real time tuned with the MOATES.net Ostrich (about $200). To this piece of hardware you add the software which if TunerCatRT costs around $100 & if TunerProRT around $35.00.

Bottom line - for $300 plus a laptop you can do real time tuning ! Wifey sits in passenger seat and adds a degree of timing at 130mph and all of a sudden we have 135 mph !!!!!!!! LOL

OK - my point - take control of your life (I mean vehicle) and no divorce down the road !!!!!!! Now you say you know nothing and are afraid to do so - so you hire me to help you learn and before I croak you are in control !!!!!!!!!!!

Interested call me (201-891-4690) or e-mail me at: greg@blowerworks.net

greg
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gregg
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I heard that Charlie at RPM in Chatsworth can do it....

Get notified of new replies

To Need a good tuner in SoCal

Quick Reply: Need a good tuner in SoCal