C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anybody Running Brake Performance Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 PM
nickgost
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Running Brake Performance Brakes?

Anybody on here ever try http://www.brakeperformance.com? The prices almost seem too good to be true. From what I've looked up its a legit company, i just don't know how good their product is.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:38 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Default BrakePerformance

Seems to be a love/hate relationship out there. Seems that warranty claims really cause alot of issues as do some warping of the rotors.
Don't really know which way on this one. Personally I'd like to know where the rotors and pads come from, and didn't find that listed.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:21 PM
nickgost
Instructor

I think its their product... but I'm not sure. I was hoping to hear a horror story or a great story because $360 for lines, rotors and pads is a damn good deal. Just scares me. I like being able to stop haha.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Just purchased delco rotors and hawk hps pads for front and rear for 300.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:52 PM
nickgost
Instructor

might just have to do that if nobody has tired their rotors. I really wanted a set of slotted rotors too...
Old 07-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Take a look at the Carbotech 1521 pad. There a plenty of GREAT reviews on the forum. If interested I will be happy to help you.

F $135 R $121

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 07-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Race Prepared
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

2 year warranty on warping/cracking - lifetime on other issues. Are there issues in obtaining warranty parts?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:08 AM
nickgost
Instructor

Originally Posted by Race Prepared
2 year warranty on warping/cracking - lifetime on other issues. Are there issues in obtaining warranty parts?
If nobody has had a huge issue with them I'll be the guini pig.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM
byynow
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickgost
Anybody on here ever try http://www.brakeperformance.com? The prices almost seem too good to be true. From what I've looked up its a legit company, i just don't know how good their product is.
Back in Febuary I bought rear rotors and pads, for my base 93, from Brake Performance. I went for the drilled rotors (DS-62041) and the premium semi metallic pads (PS-04130). Since then I have driven only about 1000 miles. There was no difference in brake performance. Typical C4 brakes, adequate but not outstanding. Before I bought them I spoke with a representative named "Jimmy" who assured me the rotors were cast in California, then machined in their facility.

The quality of the machine work and finish is very good. I was also impressed that the rotors were initialed, with an engraving tool, by either the machinist or the quality control inspector. I have never purchased autographed brake rotors.

When it's time for front brakes I'll be a repeat customer.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody Running Brake Performance Brakes?

Quick Reply: Anybody Running Brake Performance Brakes?