C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How Deep is Your Supercharger Intake Fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 05:22 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Default How Deep is Your Supercharger Intake Fitting?

I'm fitting the intake pieces together for my 95 and the parts I have came from a Procharger kit that I got used. The 'cobrahead' intake fitting that goes on the supercharger is really tight to the body of the supercharger and the bottom of it sits against the crossmember without having any hose attached. Attaching hose ***** it on the supercharger inlet. I'm trying to figure out if the previous owner cut this piece to make it easier to install or if it came this way. I'm changing fans and modifying the radiator shroud to give me more room and I'd like a better fit here. I'm hoping the answer is a new fitting instead of more fab work.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:27 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by LTxDave
I'm fitting the intake pieces together for my 95 and the parts I have came from a Procharger kit that I got used. The 'cobrahead' intake fitting that goes on the supercharger is really tight to the body of the supercharger and the bottom of it sits against the crossmember without having any hose attached. Attaching hose ***** it on the supercharger inlet. I'm trying to figure out if the previous owner cut this piece to make it easier to install or if it came this way. I'm changing fans and modifying the radiator shroud to give me more room and I'd like a better fit here. I'm hoping the answer is a new fitting instead of more fab work.
Hi

See the link attached, a great blower install pictorial.
Page two will be of great help to you.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-corvette.html
Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Thanks, that's what I needed!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:18 AM
luckydekko
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave it does fit pretty tight... Assuming you have a P1 or P600b? The new hats/plennuns are a pretty hard plastic as well and dont allow for alot of give for meshing with the inlet.. I had to cut to make it fit and shave down a bit of the inside as well.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:00 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Originally Posted by luckydekko
Dave it does fit pretty tight... Assuming you have a P1 or P600b? The new hats/plennuns are a pretty hard plastic as well and dont allow for alot of give for meshing with the inlet.. I had to cut to make it fit and shave down a bit of the inside as well.
Its a D1SC. Yeah, I can tell from the photo in the thread linked above that my hat has been cut where it connects to the blower. It was cut enough to where the hhat would not clear the body of the blower.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:17 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Here's mine with the BIG 3in intake elbow
Old 03-31-2015, 11:02 AM
luckydekko
Instructor

I am assuming your using prochargers bracket then?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:17 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

No, it is a custom bracket. I bought the kit used and ended up using only parts of it. Also upgraded the head unit from a P1SC to D1SC when I had it rebuilt.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 AM
luckydekko
Instructor

No, it is a custom bracket. I bought the kit used and ended up using only parts of it. Also upgraded the head unit from a P1SC to D1SC when I had it rebuilt.
Ahhh, yea so if you used Gregs kit you would actually have some space. I would assume if its forward closer to the stock bracket then you would have limited space. worse case scenario is to cut the shroud a bit.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:02 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Originally Posted by luckydekko
Ahhh, yea so if you used Gregs kit you would actually have some space. I would assume if its forward closer to the stock bracket then you would have limited space. worse case scenario is to cut the shroud a bit.
I have the ati dedicated drive balancer, so this bracket puts the supercharger in the same location as the blowerworks bracket. Its not more space between the hat and shroud that I need, its more space between the hat and supercharger.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:36 AM
luckydekko
Instructor

I have the ati dedicated drive balancer, so this bracket puts the supercharger in the same location as the blowerworks bracket. Its not more space between the hat and shroud that I need, its more space between the hat and supercharger.
Oh ok. Well there are two choices then... 1. Buy the metal spacer from Greg... Or 2. You can make your own out of silicone and hose clamps.

Get notified of new replies

To How Deep is Your Supercharger Intake Fitting?

Quick Reply: How Deep is Your Supercharger Intake Fitting?