C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

nelson racing C4

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 02:13 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

One of the fastest cars at the local events is a C5 with a Roots. You want the boost to come on fairly soon.

The LS block is pretty stout
The weight advantage with an LS isn't as much as you think.
I know someone that weighed them, forget the #'s
Old 08-05-2015, 01:38 AM
odxr
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

When Directv used to be able to run Youtube I had a buddy over and ended up watching tire smoking NRE videos all afternoon.Its like **** for gearheads.If he did all that work in some kind of cad-cam I am sure he could send you all the engine and parts to do your own-If you have the bucks.Probably $100k+.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:42 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

NRE put s milder version of that setup in a white Calloway Aerobody vert years ago. It is really nice, there is a video, and they drive around a little.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:03 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

I think the owner should put a plaque on it that reads 'dedicated to all the corvette owners who trash talk the c4'
Old 09-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Bowtie8
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Engine

There is no doubt NRE has a solid settup.

I have personal experience with similar power numbers in my C4, that when sitting in 90F weather in Atlanta on 93 octane, wants to melt to the ground. After 2 years of thermoscans, shrowding, and $$ in parts, I have finally managed to reliably reject the kind of BTU's these motors make, while maintaining the stock hood, and stock appearance.

A true anything beater on the highway

Next, this owner has the Dana 44 still in. It is really unsafe trying to run 1500 ftlbs into that rear settup, I hope some attention is given.

His journey is out of the gate and just beginning.

Nice Job NRE World Class work you guys do. I really respect the time and effort to build reliable turbo platforms!

John
Old 09-03-2015, 07:48 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

I am certainly no guru but I agree here. My 90' has a semi serious motor in it and it is not taking a tune. One of the seriously respected tuners on here is tuning it and it won't work. Stock won't do it.

I ended up with a Gen7 now just to run N/A sbc.

OTOH if I could get a reasonably priced bolt on turbo / blower kit I would have to buy one.

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We have a handful of ECS kits in C4's, they are just bolted to an LS swap.

Guys the biggest problem here in my humble opinion is not the car or making a kit, it's the engine management. The computer in the car is relative to it's time frame. Think of what a cell phone was in that time frame, now compare it to today.

I know it can be done, I just do not feel it can be done consistently, nor would I want to be the one tuning it. How can I sell a product and offer no support for the tuning of it? So a C4 kit will never be made here, again terribly sorry, but there is a good reason why the big name tuning software companies do not support these PCM's.

Quick Reply: nelson racing C4