C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Installing nitrous bottle in spare tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:42 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Installing nitrous bottle in spare tire carrier

Hello. Can anybody tell me about installing the nitrous bottle in the spare tire carrier? I want to know some things like the dimensions of the bottle that I need? Do I mount it to the tray or to the body of the car? Which direction is the bottle supposed to be mounted in? Can I fit 2 bottles in there? If so, where can I get the adapters and fittings to combine them to one line?

Will this work for what I want to do or do I need a different bottle? https://www.holley.com/products/nitr...parts/05151NOS

Any other tips for me when installing this?

This is for a 1985 Corvette.

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:41 AM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't know if I need to tell you this or not, but the spare tire is part of the cars crash system. Once you remove the spare, you changed the way the car will crumple.

Next is, you have a bottle or 2 back there, which are oxidizers.
With that said, you know the risk.

You should look up proper nitrous bottle mounting. there is a straw in the bottle and it is designed to pickup from the bottom of the bottle. You see them mounted with the valves facing forward and up for a reason.

These pics are the only ones I have ever seen of this done. I think they are 10 pound bottles.
best of luck.

Quick Reply: Installing nitrous bottle in spare tire carrier