C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Check out this twin turbo deal

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 05:06 PM
cdsmith
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check out this twin turbo deal

I wish that I had the cash!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33742
Old 08-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (cdsmith)

1997-1998 LT1 Corvette

Would make me a little nervous, have they really done their homework?
Old 08-13-2003, 09:56 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (Hammer)

I'm looking into it now, I'll be calling the guy there today to find out how ligit(sp?) there operation is for Vette's. I'll post what I find. :cheers:
Old 08-13-2003, 02:04 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (mn_vette)

OK guys, here's the deal. They're looking for a proto-type car that they can use to build the kit. The guy I talked to seemed to be extemely well versed in the art of making turbo setups. However, he did seem to be a little lax in corvette knowledge.

He did tell me that they would definatly be able to construct a kit for the car. He was confident that where other companies had failed that he could succeed.

They would need the car for up to 60 days or so. He said that the complete kit would probably cost under $10,000 when they were made in production.

It seems to be pretty ligit. If someone wants to bite the bullet and try it, I'm sure the results will be worth it.
:cheers:
Old 08-13-2003, 04:19 PM
jburnett
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell if someone wants to bring me their car and pay me $8k (not including any engine work that might have to be performed) I'll do it tomorrow... That's what holds me up on half the stuff I do. I have to constantly be working on something to generate revenue and large projects take me away from that so it has to be worth the time involved. The turbo setup I'm planning on building for my wife's car is delayed for that simple reason; I can't work on something of mine while simultaneously earning enough money to keep the business going... Even if it does mean potential income for me on further pieces once it's finished. I have to generate an income from my R&D work right now so I can continue to do stuff...

Like I said, I'd do it tomorrow and it would be a complete turnkey once it left but I'd need it for at least 30 days and I'd have to do my jigs off of the originals... But, you'd have the first one and if it enabled me to do more of them I'd tune yours as long as you wanted!
-Jeb
Old 08-13-2003, 05:05 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (jburnett)

Jeb you can have my car this winter to play with. :D Oh wait.... I dunno about the $8k part though. ;)
Old 08-13-2003, 05:43 PM
SloRvette
Drifting

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Damn bills. Life would be a hell of a lot more fun if you didn't need to pay for stuff. :lol: :cheers:
Old 08-13-2003, 05:58 PM
krivera
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (scorp508)

:withstupid:
Old 08-13-2003, 05:58 PM
jburnett
Drifting

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (SloRvette)

NO poopie!!!! I'm rather tired of being a decent upstanding citizen and a responsible adult; cuz it really sucks!
-Jeb
Old 08-14-2003, 05:23 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Jeb, can you tune a FAST system?
Old 08-14-2003, 09:47 PM
jburnett
Drifting

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (bill mcdonald)

Yes... As well as Electromotive TEC3, DFI 6.32 and DFI 7.0...
-Jeb
Old 08-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Turbocharged Power
Heel & Toe

OK guys, here's the deal. They're looking for a proto-type car that they can use to build the kit. The guy I talked to seemed to be extemely well versed in the art of making turbo setups. However, he did seem to be a little lax in corvette knowledge.

He did tell me that they would definatly be able to construct a kit for the car. He was confident that where other companies had failed that he could succeed.

They would need the car for up to 60 days or so. He said that the complete kit would probably cost under $10,000 when they were made in production.

It seems to be pretty ligit. If someone wants to bite the bullet and try it, I'm sure the results will be worth it.
:cheers:
Thanks for your comments and the courtesy you showed by calling us up to discuss what we were doing regarding the twin turbo kit we have in development before you put us in the same category with all the other "hype" and "hope" out there. I understand the reluctance of people to believe that someone would actually propose to build a new twin turbo kit for the Corvette, but if I were not so familiar with what has been accomplished with our Mustang kits, I might feel the same way. We have a lot of experience with turbos; our many satisfied customers and the people at Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine and Hot Rod Magazine recognize the quality and performance we offer, and we intend to offer that same quality and performance in any kit we produce. As to who will be the first on the block with our kit, we already have someone who is bringing his 99 C5 to us for the transformation, and I will be glad to let you know the results of that effort when we are finished.

We will be making an announcement on our website in the future about the production kits for this car. I am sure you will be impressed with the results and the fact that our units won't be priced at the same levels as the Lingenfelter kits ($25K-$60K) or sacrifice anything in quality or performance. Lingenfelter obviously has a great product and I have a lot of respect for his company and their marketing, but when you are the only game in town, you can command a big premium on a captive market. We just believe that there is a demand for a lower-cost product that will give excellent performance without sacrificing quality for those people who do not have the luxury of an unlimited budget.

I have surfed other areas of this forum and see that, although we have been discovered (due to the EBay auction), there have been some pretty uncomplimentary remarks from some of the forum members about our efforts. Although we all realize that the people making such comments have no basis except their own biased opinions on which to criticize our efforts without bothering to learn anything about our products or our company, I can't help but wonder if these same people will be so generous with their positive remarks when our production model becomes available? Even John Lingenfelter built a number of prototype Corvette kits (and some are still "one-off" versions); I guess we just have to pay our dues with the Corvette enthusiasts. Anyway, thanks for your commentsyou’re your good wishes. I am certain that you and your fellow Corvette enthusiasts will be hearing more of us in the future!

I also realize that this forum is not the place for us to be promoting products, but I think it is only fair that we be allowed to respond to comments made by its members. If we have offended you, we apologize. We aren't trying to slide in a shameless plug; we just want to set the record straight. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:00 PM
Thumper
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (Turbocharged Power)

Turbocharged Power,
I'm all for your twin turbo kit and have been looking/waiting for one for a long time. You have a 99 C5 comming in and that's great.....but what about us LT1 C4 guys :confused:
Old 08-20-2003, 12:14 AM
BAM92
Safety Car

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (Turbocharged Power)

I for one say Good Luck! :thumbs: Keep us posted.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Turbocharged Power
Heel & Toe

Default TT Kit for you C4 guys.....

Turbocharged Power,
I'm all for your twin turbo kit and have been looking/waiting for one for a long time. You have a 99 C5 comming in and that's great.....but what about us LT1 C4 guys :confused:
Although the first TT Vette kit we will introduce will be the C5, we are not forgetting you guys (or girls) with the C4's. We will definitely be building a TT kit for the C4 as soon as we finalize an agreement for a donor car of this type. Our offer for free installation and free dyno tuning is still available for the C4 for the first one who provides the car. By the way, we are not going to leave the prototype kit on the car we use; we will build a completely new production kit for it before it is delivered to its owner. We are excited about this project and appreciate all the encouragement that we have received since posting our reply. Since many of you don't know who we are, you can check out our website at http://www.turbochargedpower.com. As you have already been told in this forum thread, our site primarily targets Mustangs at the present time, but there is a lot of information there that applies to all turbos and we will be providing more space for Corvettes on the site in the future.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Soulja_350
Racer

Default Re: TT Kit for you C4 guys..... (Turbocharged Power)

hey
turbocharged power, i might be welling 2 let u guyz use my car (l98 1988) if would pay for the shipping (or help pay), as i live in australia :lol:

i can always dream hehehe :jester

[Modified by Soulja_350, 2:10 AM 8/21/2003]
Old 08-20-2003, 11:31 AM
jburnett
Drifting

Default Re: TT Kit for you C4 guys..... (Soulja_350)

That's a very stand-up and reputable thing these guys have done by coming on here...I wish them much luck (competitor or not).
-Jeb

Get notified of new replies

To Check out this twin turbo deal

Old 08-21-2003, 03:20 AM
backtrail69
Race Director

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (Hammer)

:skep: :skep:
Old 08-21-2003, 03:14 PM
robert kirk
Racer

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (cdsmith)

I have seen some of the work these guys have done in person. Everything I have seen is first class. Quality all the way. I have a 92 coupe and if I was a little closer I would give them mine. You guys are throwing rocks at the wrong people here. Check out thier work before you make comments. robert
Old 08-21-2003, 05:35 PM
neverendingproject
Pro

Default Re: Check out this twin turbo deal (robert kirk)

hmmm, am i missing something here?? i read everything twice and i must say, i saw no rocks being thrown.? i guess some people are just a little more sensitive than i am. only thing remotely negative i read was $8000.00 is too much. i must also agree with that. you can build a turbo system for less than half that.

Quick Reply: Check out this twin turbo deal