C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

My starter went out while getting an inspection

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
scofolo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My starter went out while getting an inspection

I took the vette up to goodyear this morning to get an inspection. My starter was beginning to show signs of its age. Every few starts it took a couple of cranks to start up. I have began lookig at prices of new starers and was going to drive to the auto parts store to pick one up right after the inspection. Well, they had the car turned on and it was up on the lift. The mechanic came into the waiting room and said, "Sir, your car will not turn off." They were turning the car off to complete the inspection and the starter kept cranking when they turned it off." After about a minute of this, the starter started to smoke. They quickly disconnected the battery and it turned the engine off.

I guess I was lucky to have it go out while it was already up on the lift in the mechanics bay. I would much rather have it go out there on my day off than when I am running late for a meeting or in the staging lanes at the track. Though I didn't really want goodyear to do the work, I can't complain too much. They are fixing it right now. At least they do good work there and I trust the guys.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:31 PM
dnut24
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're probably better off, it was a pain replacing mine.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Square
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you were lucky enough to have the starter die at a shop you trust then I wouldn't worry about the money.

Get notified of new replies

To My starter went out while getting an inspection

Quick Reply: My starter went out while getting an inspection