C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Custom Paint Job on a C4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:41 AM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zix
I just found this gem in my old pics folder. I saw this thing at a Vette show in Orlando a few years ago...I couldn't stop laughing (sorry if anyone here owns it...or knows who does...but it still makes me laugh)

Yes that's a starwars Tie-fighter firing on this Vette in a mural on the hood... It was for sale too, thank god I forgot my wallet that day!!

Here's a side view...the pink accented wheels real set it off don't ya think?

Oh, and that's a yellow C4-C5 conversion car behind it, I got more pics of that one too...
Whoooo.... only for the Star Wars kids. Your name would have to be Luke Skywalker to pilot that thing. Does it have Hyperspace capability?? May the Force be with you.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by k0rv3tt389
Whoooo.... only for the Star Wars kids. Your name would have to be Luke Skywalker to pilot that thing. Does it have Hyperspace capability?? May the Force be with you.
Well, if the painting on the hood is anywhere near accurate, then yes, it does have hyperspace capabilites!!
Old 08-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

This is a tough styling project to do tastefully... The only thing that really passes for a paint modified car is the 2 tone as was done on the MK cars... and the Grand Sport single stripe GM factory graphic... though I must admit the 95 Indy Pace Cars look pretty sharp...

In general I like the GS stripe idea like the factory... what I would like to add to that is tinted glass that continues the stripe through the glass... In other words, do a 2 tone tint to the rear hatch to carry the stripe across the glass... this could work well with the Sebring silver 96 Collector Edition colored cars... dark tinted glass with a silver tint stripe running through the middle and connecting to the body panels where the painted strip resumes... Just an idea for my 89 which is charcoal right now... The charcoal does not do much for me... I would like to do a custom paint job on it... nothing to fancy... just something to cut it up a bit...

Maybe Chip Foose will do a C4 someday on Overhaulin...

If you like loud racing paint jobs with to many stickers... The ZR-1 Morrison Snakeskinner cars looked awesome in blue and white... Number 93 & 94... wish I had the link to show you all...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Zix: I do a lot of work in the Boston area, if I drive my car back up there anytime soon I want to take some pics of my car next to yours...I have the reverse paint job to yours! Very nice!!
I was thinking the same thing when i saw the pics of your car
Old 08-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Glasman66
Drifting

[IMG]

I'm still debating on thehash marks, but with the car Zainoed she loooks awesome!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ya know, the whole thing has to do with "personal taste". You've really got to pick something that looks good to YOU and not worry so much about what others think.

It seemed funny to me because when I looked at the cars of some of the folks who were criticising the paint job of others, I realized that their cars had a look that I would give away for free rather that dirve around in.

I personally like the silver car with the purple stripes. It wasn't overdone and looked kind a cool..... .... you see to each his own.

Then again I think that mine looks as good or better than any I've seen posted in this thread

Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 08-13-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Powerdrive
Melting Slicks

Color shifting ghost flames

Now you see 'em........

..... now you dont ..

Last edited by Powerdrive; 08-13-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:53 AM
hip_about_time
Pro

Power drive that looks awesome...

and Im gonna get bashed but I kinda like the A-wing vette. I always thought C4s looked like a Incomm product. And it does NOT have hyperdrive what you see in the mural is in system flight which is most likely Ion drive...if it were to go into Hyperspace it would need one of these..

...To dock into. MTFBWY!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
HighOutput
Racer

Thanks guys but I got over ruled! The Wife said that she wants the original bright red and I could picture anything else in my head, so tomorrow she's going back to her original color BUT... I'm going to paint the back rap around molding the same color as the car. I know is not a custom job but she'll look good with the new '99 C5 rims that are on the way. Now if I can two tone the interior (black and red) like I have planed, it should look nice.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:37 PM
myvettesblue
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05

you cant really notice in the pic but mine is the stock admiral blue with blue ice pearl added into it. you get it in the right sunlight and you can see it sparkle

Old 08-28-2005, 08:41 AM
bite2dis
Instructor

candy color would be nice with ghost flames.....
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Midnite 88
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HighOutput
I know is not a custom job but she'll look good with the new '99 C5 rims that are on the way. Now if I can two tone the interior (black and red) like I have planed, it should look nice.
NOOoooooooo! Not wagon wheels!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
HighOutput
Racer

Originally Posted by Midnite 88
NOOoooooooo! Not wagon wheels!!!!!!
They are better looking than the stock '88 16" rims that are pealing anyway! I got them for a awesome price and everyone is going for the ZO6 wheels, and I wanted didn't want the same as all of them, only a few have the 97-99 wheels. What do you meen "Wagon Wheels"? They looked Nice on the 97-99 C5's + I seen a picture on this forum of a Blue C4 with the same wheels and the car looked great.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
GS977
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

STOP SHOWING PICS OF YOUR HOOD AND VETTE, myvettesblue.
your killing me your vette is awsome and one of my favorites. ... and that hood...... one day i will have that hood. maybe i can sell my stock GS hood to get it...hmmmmm
i want to paint my GS but i have to wait till i get that hood first
thanks to you
Old 08-29-2005, 11:09 AM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Here is a nice reverse GS. Corvette Crossroads, Aug 27, 2005. Mackinaw City, MI.

Quick Reply: Custom Paint Job on a C4?