C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1990 Climate Control problem:

Old 11-07-2005, 09:08 PM
90Vettfan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1990 Climate Control problem:

Hello to all:
Tonite, while taking out my '90 for a cruise, I tried to turn up the heat on my electronic climate control and I ran into a problem. First I noticed that you can't up the temp until the engine is heated up (is this normal). I hit the "temp up/temp down" button and it just stays on 60F and the a/c is working. Any attempt to temp "up" and it just goes to "outside temp" and gives a read. I can't get it to move past the 60F. setting with repeated hits to the temp set button. One time I was able to hit it up to 65F. and that's about all. It just sits at the 60 mark and NO heat. Not that I drive the car in Winter but I would like the temp. control to work. Does anyone out there have any "take" on what may be the problem? Seems like all these little things keep me doing a "one step forward, and two steps back" type of thing. Take care of one little annoying problem (blown BOSE speakers removal, and the infamous inflation restraint lite) and now this. Frustrating for sure. Any input is greatly appreciated.........
Old 11-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Perfusion
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 90Vettfan
Hello to all:
Tonite, while taking out my '90 for a cruise, I tried to turn up the heat on my electronic climate control and I ran into a problem. First I noticed that you can't up the temp until the engine is heated up (is this normal). I hit the "temp up/temp down" button and it just stays on 60F and the a/c is working. Any attempt to temp "up" and it just goes to "outside temp" and gives a read. I can't get it to move past the 60F. setting with repeated hits to the temp set button. One time I was able to hit it up to 65F. and that's about all. It just sits at the 60 mark and NO heat. Not that I drive the car in Winter but I would like the temp. control to work. Does anyone out there have any "take" on what may be the problem? Seems like all these little things keep me doing a "one step forward, and two steps back" type of thing. Take care of one little annoying problem (blown BOSE speakers removal, and the infamous inflation restraint lite) and now this. Frustrating for sure. Any input is greatly appreciated.........
It sounds like your climate control unit needs to be removed and its insides cleaned. There's a good writeup in the Tech Tips section. Best of luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
90Vettfan
Racer

Default Perfusion writes:

It sounds like your climate control unit needs to be removed and its insides cleaned. There's a good writeup in the Tech Tips section. Best of luck!
Can you supply a link to this tech tips section? I've searched and can't seem to find it. Thanks...
Old 11-08-2005, 12:02 PM
SledUtah
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Glad you asked, I never knew they were there. Alot of info.

Here is the link to the C4 tips

https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti....php?TopicID=2

2 links regarding intermittent control problems

https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...D=92&TopicID=2

https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...=118&TopicID=2
Old 11-08-2005, 12:26 PM
90Vettfan
Racer

Thanks for the links SledUtah.............
Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
90Vettfan
Racer

Default Climate Control Problem:

Well, as a follow up.....GOOD NEWS here. Today I put the BOSE speakers i had repaired back in the car and don't know what happened but the Automatic A/C is working fine again. "temp set" button works again. I noticed the problem while the speakers were out. On the pass side front speaker, there was a ground strap that was disconnected as part of the speaker mount screw...I reconnected it and perhaps it's the cure...I don't know but it works again. And the real good news is that the BOSE GOLD sounds fantastic..........I can't recall it ever sounding like that since I got the car in '97....(must have been several blown speakers then)...The last I recall was the one, lonely front/pass. side speaker working. All that Bose and only one speaker.........OUCH! Sounds great.......lots of bass and volumn...I LOVE IT. Thanks to all that responded to my problem with the Temp. control, appreciated as always.

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 Climate Control problem:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1990 Climate Control problem: