C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need Feedback on Flowmaster Force II catback

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:49 AM
gringoray
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Feedback on Flowmaster Force II catback

Would you guys who own a Flowmaster Force II catback be kind enough to expand a little more on your experiences?
Questions....

- Is your C4 stock?
- Is it auto or stick?
- Does it drone (Flow Force II) any at all?
- Does the system install without any fitment problems?
- Does the system look good from the rear and do the tips stick out past the rear lower body panel like the B & B, Corsa and other aftermarket systems?

One idea is to just buy Flowmaster mufflers, the 50 or 40 series and how restrictive is the stock system with different mufflers?

...and finally, where did you buy your Force II catback? Also, I don't like the sliver galvanized color of the Force II system, so I guess you could spray paint it with hi temp black paint.

Thanks is advance!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:41 PM
olefam
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
I can't remember the catalog (think its MidAm Corvette) their Force two has nice black Magnaflows with stainless steel tips already on.
Glen
Old 06-05-2006, 11:28 PM
jl89vet
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 89 is stock with an auto. I bought the system from a muffler shop and had them install it. It took them an hour and their didn't seem to be any fitment problems. I have been very happy with the flowmaster system and their is no drone. I saw a dyno test once that the system gave the car 30 rwh. My seat of the pants feel is that it came very close to those hp gains. My only negative is I wished the sound was a little deeper and louder. But the sound level is great for long trips!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
etteroc27
Racer

I have a 95 six speed, with a few mods, shortie headers, 1.6 rollers, Forced Air Induction, and a 52mm TB. The Force Two is just what I wanted. No drone inside, and sounds good outside, not too loud, but not too quiet. I installed it myself, and it was no problem. It took longer to get the old system off than to put the new one on, it fit well, and the tips barely stick out past the bumper. I wish Flowmaster would chrome the tips instead of plain, but overall it looks fine. I know that I didn't pick up anything like 30 rwhp with it. Quarter mile times stayed about the same, maybe a tenth or so better. I bought mine from Summit Racing, it was about $565 delivered. Check their catalog, because it was last year that I bought mine. I looked a lot of places, and they were by far the cheapest.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
gringoray
Racer

Any you guys have pics "from the rear" of your Flowmaster Force II?

Stock diameter pipes are 2.75 right? The Force II is 2.5 right?

Now why would Flowmaster make their pipes smaller in diameter over stock?

Last edited by gringoray; 06-06-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 AM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gringoray
Would you guys who own a Flowmaster Force II catback be kind enough to expand a little more on your experiences?
Questions....

- Is your C4 stock?
- Is it auto or stick?
- Does it drone (Flow Force II) any at all?
- Does the system install without any fitment problems?
- Does the system look good from the rear and do the tips stick out past the rear lower body panel like the B & B, Corsa and other aftermarket systems?

One idea is to just buy Flowmaster mufflers, the 50 or 40 series and how restrictive is the stock system with different mufflers?

...and finally, where did you buy your Force II catback? Also, I don't like the sliver galvanized color of the Force II system, so I guess you could spray paint it with hi temp black paint.

Thanks is advance!
- See sig
- Auto
- None with the top down. I'm a vert guy.
- Fits just fine
- System looks good to me from the rear. The mufflers stick out past the bumper.
- Bought it from Summit for $349 about 3 years ago.
- The Force II 86-90 system mufflers come painted a rust resistant black. The tips are stainless steel. Your profile does not show what year vette your have.

Last edited by 86PACER; 06-06-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:41 AM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gringoray
Any you guys have pics "from the rear" of your Flowmaster Force II?

Stock diameter pipes are 2.75 right? The Force II is 2.5 right?

Now why would Flowmaster make their pipes smaller in diameter over stock?
Not sure of the size, I'll measure it tomorrow and post some better rear view pics of the system. Here's one of the tips though.
It sounds pretty bad *** under throttle. It's whisper quiet at cruise, loud at cold idle, and fairly quiet at warm idle. It sounds monstrous in multi level parking garages, and under freeway overpasses. I want to go with eliminator tips because I like loud all the time and I want it louder.

Note that I installed them at the same time I installed a completely new exhaust system with long tubes, so i can't say if using the stock exhaust from the cat foward would change how much they stick out past the bumper. This is with my exhaust mods listed.

Last edited by 86PACER; 06-06-2006 at 04:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Feedback on Flowmaster Force II catback

Quick Reply: Need Feedback on Flowmaster Force II catback