C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Keyless Entry Remote

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 PM
honda hunter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keyless Entry Remote

Is there anywhere to get replacement pieces? The plastic is broke and I'm hoping I wont have to buy a new one.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where did it break? If its the little plastic tabs that hold it together, mine broke too. What I did was use some superglue and put a drop on each side squeeze it together until it sets. When I need to replace the battery a small blade screwdriver will pop it back apart.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:04 PM
94bluedevil
Advanced

Default Programming Instructions

I have a 1994 corvette coupe.
does anyone know where i can find the programming instructions for my remote, i bought a new one on ebay.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:11 PM
papidos
Instructor

Originally Posted by 94bluedevil
does anyone know where i can find the programming instructions for my remote, i bought a new one on ebay.
Programming instructions should have come with the unit from where you purchased it. If not a dealer will do it for about 20 bucks.

PS You're threadjacking. Not Nice.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Programming:

Separate the key from the transmitter fob. Place the transmitter greater than 10 ft.

Key in the ignition to the RUN position.

Push the TRIP ODO button and release.

Push the TRIP ODO button again and hold for 5 seconds.

Within 5 seconds of that push and hold the INFO button for 10 seconds.

The Passive Keyless Entry telltale lamp on the DIC will come on continuously.

Turn the key to the LOCK postion but leave the key in.

The Passive Keyless Entry telltale lamp will now begin flashing.

Bring the transmitter into range, once the system sense it program that frequency of that transmitter and the lamp will change from flashing to continous to indicate it is done. (Only takes a second.)

Once the lamp is continous, remove the key.

NOTE:

Driver's door open press and hold the door button on the transmitter to cycle it from passive to non passive (turn it off). The locks will cycle.

With the driver's door open and the key in the ignition, pressing and holding the door button on the transmitter wil set whether just the driver's door is auto unlocked or both doors are auto unlocked. The locks will cycle inidicating one mode or the other while holding the button down.

Both cases it's about 3 second hold for it to activate the function change.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 AM
94bluedevil
Advanced

i just programmed my keyless entry. From what i read you can't unlock the doors from the outside with the DOOR button on my remote?
it says it only opens the passenger door. So u need the passive keyless entry to be on to unlock the doors?
Old 09-17-2006, 12:45 AM
ruby9246
Pro

St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'07-'08

i just programmed my keyless entry. From what i read you can't unlock the doors from the outside with the DOOR button on my remote?
it says it only opens the passenger door. So u need the passive keyless entry to be on to unlock the doors?
You can program the PKE to open only the drivers door or both.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

If it is in non-passive mode the transmitter fob door button will open the passenger door (but not the driver's door) and the hatch button will open the hatch glass. UTD (universal theft deterrent) system is still armed when you lock and shut the doors in non-passive mode. You need to use the key to unlock the driver's door in order to disarm UTD.

If it is in passive mode it will open the driver's door or both depending on which mode you set (as described above in Note).
Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Rathbone
Racer

be careful not to buy the part I did. It looked like a replacement case that you could put your PKE guts into, but it wasn't. It was just a paper thin cover to go over your existing PKE to change the color of it. I spoke to the seller over the phone and they didn't bother to correct my misunderstanding.

Get notified of new replies

To Keyless Entry Remote

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry Remote