After Market Radio In A 93

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Repzard
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After Market Radio In A 93

Hello Forum

I just picked up a 93 after having a 86 for a while and i have a question about upgrading my radio " Bose with no Cd just tape " I have a great Apline deck I would like to put in my 93 and my question is will i have any problems putting this deck in my car like Check engine light or vat issue will everything be ok?

I know with some of the new cars this has been a problem like my 2006 Cobalt SS were it has onstar.

Has anyone removed the Bose system and put in a Aftermarket in their 93 Corvettes?

Ps..I not going to use the Bose speakers either I have a nice set of Pioneers for rear and front , a amp , 10 sub in a box

Thanks Forum for any info

Repzard
Old 05-04-2007, 06:46 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

My 92 is virtually identical to the 93, and I have a Pioneer AVIC-D1 in it. No codes now for 18 months since the install.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:51 PM
TOMS93
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Repzard
Hello Forum

I just picked up a 93 after having a 86 for a while and i have a question about upgrading my radio " Bose with no Cd just tape " I have a great Apline deck I would like to put in my 93 and my question is will i have any problems putting this deck in my car like Check engine light or vat issue will everything be ok?

I know with some of the new cars this has been a problem like my 2006 Cobalt SS were it has onstar.

Has anyone removed the Bose system and put in a Aftermarket in their 93 Corvettes?

Ps..I not going to use the Bose speakers either I have a nice set of Pioneers for rear and front , a amp , 10 sub in a box

Thanks Forum for any info

Repzard

You might get a "SYS" message on the LCD gauge cluster. Go to the C4 FAQ in the Audio forum. It has a schematic on the resisters you will need.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Repzard
Safety Car

Ok Thank You members

Get notified of new replies

To After Market Radio In A 93

Quick Reply: After Market Radio In A 93