Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Sagging Headliner

Old 06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
papafrancisco
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sagging Headliner

Has anyone repaired their headliner themselves or have experience with such? If so would care to share this experience? My 6'4" frame has finally caught up with me in terms of rubbing my head against the headliner. Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually yes. I had it coming loose and sagging in two places. I got some spray adhesive, cut a couple of small slits in the headliner fabric, sprayed the adhesive around and pressed it down. Then I got some bleed thru, so went back to the store, got some fabric dye and redyed it (black). I intended it for a temporary repair, that was nearly 2 years ago. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is maybe an 8, but I never look up at it anyway and not a high priority at $125 for a pro repair.

ps--I could not find a spray adhesive with the tube that fit into the nozzle, so switched the nozzle with a can of brake clean or WD40 that came with the nozzle.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:02 AM
ballertyped
Instructor

I went to the fabric store paid $7 for original fabric ($30 ebay) 3m adhesive, contact cement and this thread...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1718345
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
94blue6spd
Racer

I actually ripped out the entire headliner (backing and all).Went to the store got some black spray paint and sprayed the to black. Looks good and I have a little more room for my head.

Get notified of new replies

To Sagging Headliner

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sagging Headliner