C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Stripes - Paint or Vinyl ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Z07coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stripes - Paint or Vinyl ?

I am considering a racing stripe on my newly acquired '90 track car. What information can you all pass on to me about painted stripes vs vinyl stripes. What would be an estimated cost to apply the vinyl stripe? And what would be the estimated cost of having the stripe painted on? What are the pros and cons of each type? Thanks !
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nicely painted stripes look better, but cost more. All the NASCAR guys use the stick ons.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:22 PM
bd2626
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z07coupe
I am considering a racing stripe on my newly acquired '90 track car. What information can you all pass on to me about painted stripes vs vinyl stripes. What would be an estimated cost to apply the vinyl stripe? And what would be the estimated cost of having the stripe painted on? What are the pros and cons of each type? Thanks !
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail...category=9552#

I would have them painted if possible! But the decals allow you to change if you don't like the look.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
CREWZIN
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Painted will definitely cost you more, and you can't change them, but you can tell the difference as the vinyl will never shine like pained stripes with a good clear coat. Unless of course you have clear coat put over the vinyl stripes.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM
c4fool
Racer

Originally Posted by Z07coupe
Like has been said Paint looks better but vinyl can be changed if you don't like it. If you go with vinyl and clear coat over it you would have alot more work if you wanted to do something different you cant sand it off you would have to peel it off thenyou would have a ridge to deal with. If you paint it and clear it you can wet sand and buff and not even feel the stripe. I painted mine.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't go vinyl. You won't be happy with the results and the way they look. Painted stripes look so much more refined and professional. They cost more, but there's a reason for that.

Get notified of new replies

To Stripes - Paint or Vinyl ?

Quick Reply: Stripes - Paint or Vinyl ?