C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette service in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
chitoe
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette service in Atlanta

I'm looking for a good shop to take my C4 for regular maintenance and repairs. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 AM
chitoe
Heel & Toe

Default Corvette service in Atlanta

anyone? I shall be forced to go to Atlanta Corvette unless I hear otherwise!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Yellow2015
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How far are you from Conyers?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
finnor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's my dealer plug. Tom Jumper Chevrolet on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs (yes, despite being part of Bill Heard). Several factory trained Corvette techs. The last guy who worked on mine owned a ZR1. Not the cheapest place in the ATL, but I have never had a problem.

--Tor
Old 08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might get a better response if you go to peachstateposse.com and ask there. Also clarify on which side of Atlanta you live or want to get service done.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Yellow2015
Pro

Originally Posted by aminnich
Also clarify on which side of Atlanta you live or want to get service done.

Ain't that the truth.....
Old 08-19-2007, 10:51 PM
chitoe
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the replies and good point about my location!

I'm in the perimeter area, and I need something somewhat convenient since it's hard for me to get away from work.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 PM
TorchRedRob
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by finnor
Here's my dealer plug. Tom Jumper Chevrolet on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs (yes, despite being part of Bill Heard). Several factory trained Corvette techs. The last guy who worked on mine owned a ZR1. Not the cheapest place in the ATL, but I have never had a problem.

--Tor
I'm glad somebody had a good experience there. When I bought mine from them, I had a list of things I wanted fixed as part of the deal. The self-proclaimed "corvette tech" that worked on it didn't know his a$$ from his elbow, which just reinforced the reason why I perform all the work on my cars. Good luck finding someone who knows their stuff!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:33 AM
5POINT7
Melting Slicks

If you are willing to make all or some of the repairs yourself, you can check out The Last Detail. They sell parts fairly cheap. I have purchased weatherstripping, a car cover, an air conditioning resistor plate, and a couple other things. They are easy to work with, and shipping was super fast because they are here in georgia.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 AM
joecaver
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

In Marietta, "Canton Road Car Care" talk to Max, 770-425-0001. Max and his mechanics are all Corvette guys. They do great work and they don't believe in the "Corvette Tax".
Old 08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
'96 Collector's
Instructor

Originally Posted by joecaver
In Marietta, "Canton Road Car Care" talk to Max, 770-425-0001. Max and his mechanics are all Corvette guys. They do great work and they don't believe in the "Corvette Tax".
I went to Canton Road Car Care today. I met with Max. While he was very nice, he looked over my car and helped me think through some problems, he made it very clear he did not like C4's and didn't want to work on mine or any other C4. This was his own words. He said he's owned a lot of Vettes but only C3 and older. He feels the C4 is a PITA to work on, "change one thing and it effects everything else". After he spent 5 minutes ******* C4's I noticed a C4 in the back of his lot that looks like it's been there awhile. When I asked him about it, he laughed and said he bought it for the suspenision to put in a hotrod he was building. Again he was very nice and spent a lot of time with me but he in know way wanted anything to do with C4s.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
5POINT7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by '96 Collector's
I went to Canton Road Car Care today. I met with Max. While he was very nice, he looked over my car and helped me think through some problems, he made it very clear he did not like C4's and didn't want to work on mine or any other C4. This was his own words. He said he's owned a lot of Vettes but only C3 and older. He feels the C4 is a PITA to work on, "change one thing and it effects everything else". After he spent 5 minutes ******* C4's I noticed a C4 in the back of his lot that looks like it's been there awhile. When I asked him about it, he laughed and said he bought it for the suspenision to put in a hotrod he was building. Again he was very nice and spent a lot of time with me but he in know way wanted anything to do with C4s.
that sucks
Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
finnor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '96 Collector's
I guess being a "Corvette Guy" doesn't apply to C4's. Run Forrest, Run!

Last edited by finnor; 08-22-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
'96 Collector's
Instructor

Originally Posted by finnor

--Tor
I bought my Vette from Tom Jumper. I had a good experince with the sales department. When I bought it they agreed to provide a second set of keys, but I didn't get it in writing. Then I didn't get back for over a month to get the set made. By then, the salesmen and the manager I dealt with were both gone. But they went ahead and took care of it and they could have easily said no. I know that the service department is supposed to be Vette friendly. My Vette had issues, they were wholesaling it due to the following issues:it had 103k miles, it was smoking from under the hood, the check engine light was on with multiple codes and it was running rich and rough. I asked them to look it over and make recommendations for repairs. They said it needed a new opti, water pump, the engine seal needed replacement, don't remember which one and a new MAF sensor. It ended-up not needing any of those things. I replaced the coolant and O2 sensor, that took care of the codes and rich and rough running. The smoke was a problem with a adapter on the oil filter. So they are not that great. But they did help me get a good deal on the car and for that I thank them! Also I have been buying some parts at The Last Detail and they are good people to work with.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Yellow2015
Pro

The last detail is great also. I've never used their service deptartment but for hard to find parts, they can't be beat.

My mechanic is aces with Corvettes. He owns the shop and if I can't get the car to him, his wife will come here, pick it up and leave her blazer. I can't think of a single issue in the last 5 years that he couldn't resolve and trust me.....there were some tricky ones. I refereed another vette owner from another site who was told his C4 needed a new engine. He walked out with a smooth running car and a bill for 200 bucks.
For me personally, I just trust the man both mechanically and financially.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:58 PM
'96 Collector's
Instructor

Originally Posted by nyernga1
The last detail is great also. I've never used their service deptartment but for hard to find parts, they can't be beat.

My mechanic is aces with Corvettes. He owns the shop and if I can't get the car to him, his wife will come here, pick it up and leave her blazer. I can't think of a single issue in the last 5 years that he couldn't resolve and trust me.....there were some tricky ones. I refereed another vette owner from another site who was told his C4 needed a new engine. He walked out with a smooth running car and a bill for 200 bucks.
Sounds worth a drive, please share!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
chitoe
Heel & Toe

thanks again, all, for your help! This is some good info.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette service in Atlanta

Old 08-22-2007, 08:26 PM
chitoe
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by nyernga1

Yes, nyernga1, please share!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 PM
tlong
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you want the Yoda take your C4 to David at Vengeance in Cumming.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
chitoe
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by tlong
If you want the Yoda take your C4 to David at Vengeance in Cumming.
Their website looks cool, but with a name like Vengeance, I wonder if they would think that an oil change and EGR valve replacement is a liitle too mundane.

Quick Reply: Corvette service in Atlanta